automotiveMastermind Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 20, 2020

4.0
automotiveMastermind co-CEOs Marco Schnabl and Johannes Gnauck
Marco Schnabl and Johannes Gnauck
Pros
  • "great people, super high energy and fun-solution is phenomenal and has huge impact to clients bottom line(in 5 reviews)

• "Great future outlook, solid if changing upper management, amazing benefits(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "No 401K matching despite "talks" about doing so(in 5 reviews)

• "(in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Dealer Relationship Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at automotiveMastermind full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced and cutting edge are the adjectives that best describe the culture. Your held accountable and given support to overcome resistance native in high level sales roles.

Cons

The team is cut and dry. Your in or you're out with the team.

Advice to Management

The commercial kick off for 2019 was fantastic. My sales behaviors changed 180 degrees based on the concepts and books offered at the event. Keep up the training!

automotiveMastermind2020-01-20
  2. "A great culture and environment"

Former Employee - Finance in New York, NY

I worked at automotiveMastermind part-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are great. The culture is great. A very informative and collaborative workplace. This is simply a great company that cares about its employees and his or her experience.

Cons

I can not think of any negatives for my experience with this company.

Advice to Management

N/A

automotiveMastermind2019-12-02
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Business Development Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at automotiveMastermind full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch, amazing people to work with - Good training

Cons

Lot of pressure from the top to hit numbers every month.

automotiveMastermind2019-12-01
  5. "A Management Team Focused on Relationships and Personal Growth"

Current Employee - Dealer Relations Manager in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at automotiveMastermind full-time for more than a year

Pros

Open door policy. If you need to contact the anyone from a peer to upper management to the CEO, they are available and always willing to help. There is a genuine transparency about the company’s direction, roadmap and everyone has the same work ethic. Every voice is recognized and heard.

Cons

Travel can be extensive, and schedule is sometime intense, especially during the on boarding phase. This company is not for this who lack vision, drive and focus. automotiveMastermind is an extremely generous and caring organization but they expect each employee to earn their portion of the soils and contribute 110%., which isn’t a negative unless you allow yourself to crack under the pressure that results in personal growth and success.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing!

automotiveMastermind2019-10-30

"Okay"

IT Support Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at automotiveMastermind

Pros

Everyone seems friendly and there is free lunches provided by the company

Cons

No room for growth at the company

Advice to Management

Management is not familiar with daily duties/concerns of employees. They do not address the pain points felt by the employees day to day work. There is also an unspoken rule about availability where you have to be available 24/7. Even if you have the day off or are on vacation. There is no work life balance.

automotiveMastermind2019-09-23

"Great work environment, cool people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at automotiveMastermind full-time for more than a year

Pros

I absolutely love the huge number of learning opportunities afforded to engineers here. Cutting edge tools, knowledgeable and cooperative coworkers, and a willingness to try new things are central to the engineering culture here. Founders are still fairly involved and are inspiring guys that love their company and treat us well (just came back from a work sponsored retreat to Jamaica, like... whoa mon). Throughout the org there is an understanding and respect for the work/life balance and although you might find yourself working some extra hours very occasionally, time off policy and personal time is flexible and generous should you need it. Tons of great snacks, beverages and beer in an awesome downtown office, plus a daily lunch stipend. Despite anything said in the cons section, it's a joy to work here and you'll learn a ton.

Cons

Lack of a consistent vision partnered with contradictory viewpoints or misconceptions within product team itself and between product and engineering can be frustrating (though a very recent re-org may help with this). The downside of the adoption of shiny new tools and tech is that we've made some serious mistakes in adopting tools without fully understanding them and have gotten ourselves into trouble quite a few times. We're still dealing with some of these bad decisions. Too much dev-ops stuff for my taste, though it provides yet another good learning opportunity. Some firefighting can be expected depending on team/role, but honestly it's nothing too crazy or atypical for a company at this stage. No 401k match. Upper management just went through some major changes and extreme expansion which is kinda sketchy, I think the general goodness of the culture should be safe but it's definitely uncertain at this point.

Advice to Management

To middle management, keep doing what you're doing. To new upper management, respect the culture or lose the trust/engagement of the engineers. Despite some inevitable cynicism we're all hopeful that the re-org helps sooth the painful parts of our current processes.

automotiveMastermind2019-08-26

"Keep Looking"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at automotiveMastermind full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free Lunch. Happy Hour Thursdays

Cons

Employees with titles and in positions they don't deserve or earned based on industry experience, sense of entitlement that is expected with millennia's . Currently, "Me Too" movement - women supporting women, You wont find it here. Mean girl atmosphere. Its shameful. Karma. What goes around comes around.

automotiveMastermind2019-09-26

"IHS Markit - Avoid"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at automotiveMastermind full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Was a good company, with great people and culture. Great products and strong market positioning.

Cons

IHS Markit - ruined everything.

Advice to Management

IHS has destroyed the fabric of this company. This is not a employee whining about change. Critical items to any successful business are ensuring strong customer engagement, strong employees, and branding. IHS Markit has ruined that successful operating model, and our business is a shawdow of what it was.

automotiveMastermind2019-07-25

"Fun, Competitive, Rocket ship!"

Current Employee - Regional Area Manager

I have been working at automotiveMastermind full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture is top notch Company is build on strong values Challenging in a positive way Sets up our team for success, secure & stable

Cons

Travel in some roles may be a lot for some people

Advice to Management

Continue to lead us on this awesome path.

automotiveMastermind2019-05-16

"Great Company and Strong Culture"

Current Employee - BDM

I have been working at automotiveMastermind full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Extremely competitive pay structure especially when you hit and exceed quota. -Company invests heavily in training in development bringing the team together quarterly to share best practices and improve. -Great cross collaboration across teams. Everyone is willing to jump in and help put deals together and leverage relationships.

Cons

-In the 7 months since joining the team their a no glaring downside to the BDM role. We are still a small company that is growing so be prepared for changes and a fast paced environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your team and dealers across the entire country on how we can continue to improve.

automotiveMastermind2019-05-07