bebe stores Assistant Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

bebe stores Assistant Manager Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2019

3.2
bebe stores Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer Manny Mashouf (no image)
Manny Mashouf
0 Rating
  1. "Assistant sales manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at bebe stores full-time for less than a year

Pros

Bebe is a well respected brand so the experience with such a company can get you far.The unique clientele training is very uniqe and teaches you a lot about retail management all together. Also the Pay , commission bonuses. motivated district managers , 50% discount ,great communication from corporate makes it easier, also an equal opportunity for growth with the company a lot of in house promotions!

Cons

At bebe the sales associates although paid hourly also have an incentive commission pay non motivated stylist or stylist who don't play fair wit sales or split commission due to being under qualified for the position. The full time leaders often get a different schedule every week. A more set in stone schedule has to be requested and only approved if its in rotation of whos turn it is to have a certain day or time.Unrealistic payroll hours for lower volume stores often makes it difficult to maintain coverage and schedule especially when shipment arrives!

bebe stores2015-07-18
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at bebe stores full-time

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

There were clicks within the company

bebe stores2019-07-16
  3. "Put people in management just because they are top sellers"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at bebe stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun place to work, great training, good benefits, good discount, corporate was very good on working with people in the field

Cons

place people in management because they are top sellers, not because they are good managers and have people skills, very low pay for the requirements

bebe stores2015-06-18
  4. "Fun job to have"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at bebe stores full-time for more than a year

Pros

Customers base is great. Many were tourists as I worked in a very busy mall. Also the employee discount is ok.

Cons

Management team doesn't communicate with each other. I transferred to another store and there seemed to be tht same issue. Noticed that it was normal as the regional and dm were the same

Advice to Management

Less "what I did last night" gossip and more "our sales plan for the day is..." talk to start with

bebe stores2015-02-02

"Great experience."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at bebe stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great discount, fun laid back environment, Coaching and developing structure. Great exposure to business acumen.

Cons

Not much room for advancement, not enough direct communication with district manager. Company is very confused on direction of image.

Advice to Management

Thorough communication with management team.

bebe stores2014-04-28
  6. "fun"

Assistant Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at bebe stores for less than a year

Pros

the atmosphere was always positive. weekend events where the staff dressed up per occasion, and had dj.

Cons

tryimg to make the month was hard naswd on projections they expected the store to make so bonuses were never seen

bebe stores2013-01-17

"assistant"

Assistant Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at bebe stores

Pros

bebe values there employees and all the hard work they dedicate themelves too. They have a great program os succession.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about bebe. It is a wonderful company with wonderful benefits and an awesome supportive staff.

Advice to Management

Always give your all in everything that you do. Work like no one is watching and give the client what she wants.

bebe stores2010-07-16
  8. "It was a great opportunity"

Assistant Manager

I have been working at bebe stores

Pros

employee discount references for future jobs fun autmosphere professional work environment fun co-workers

Cons

long hours late hours no personal life required weekends unfairness in time off

Advice to Management

let the employees have a life outside of bebe. There should be at least 4 managers at all times so the managers have a weekend off if needed. Managers also deserve more recognition. When they meet the sales goals they should be praised instead of having higher sales goals then set and scolded when those arent met. Listen to management and take their advice.

bebe stores2011-05-17

"Fun Place to Work, but Not Much Growth Opportunity"

Assistant Manager

I have been working at bebe stores

Pros

The product, atmosphere, and people (at most stores) are great. Many of the associates and leaders have been with the company for several years. You see and interact with upper-level management often, and although our district hasn't had the best DM, I do feel that the leadership as a whole is very hands-on.

Cons

There seems to be little opportunity for growth. Despite being the top producer for the last year in my current as a sales manager, with no negative feedback on any reviews, I have been told that I am not ready for advancement. I have a bachelor's degree in marketing and have several years experience, yet the company has chosen to outsource for the last 3 open management positions in my area. We also have another sales manager that has been with the company for 4 years and has been passed up for promotion several times. We work hard and have some of the best reviews from clients, but for some reason bebe does not see our value in upper management.

Advice to Management

I would suggest that they focus on promoting people who have proven their sales and leadership in bebe skills rather than hiring from outside of the company. I would also suggest the district and regional management connect more on strategy. We often get one directive from our DM, only to have our RM come in and tell us everything is wrong!

bebe stores2010-09-02