bebe stores Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 22, 2017

1.0
Manny Mashouf

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great discount, fun team of people to work with (in 61 reviews)

• You get amazing 50% off employee discount (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Not really much work life balance but that is all retail in general (in 13 reviews)

• Sometimes it seemed stagnant and no room for growth (in 10 reviews)

1. "The best and worst first job I could have had"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at bebe stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I learned a lot, got to be responsible for running the majority of each store I was located at

Cons

I wasn't given great training when I first got promoted from stylist to sales manager. I was given much more work than I was supposed to be responsible for and if anything in the store failed, I was thrown under the bus and given blame. I didn't enjoy it because I constantly got passed up for further promotion when I deserved it over others who barely worked. Probably the reason the stores haven't been as profitable.

Advice to Management

Should have given those who actually worked hard the promotions, it definitely would have helped make the stores more profitable.

2. "Great clothes, in the LA area bad people"

Former Employee - Stylist in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Stylist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at bebe stores part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The 50% discount, great clothes

Cons

Very competitive. I worked at an LA area store and the girls all hated each other. The customers were also really mean and life or death about if a dress was there in their size and didn't always treat you like you were human. My much harder full time jobs have been a breeze compared to this hell. For a part time job, this job was hell, I don't know why I stayed so long. I guess I was scared to find a new job. This could have been just at my particular store where girls hated each other and our manager micromanaged. I think there are probably Bebe's that aren't as bad to work at, particularly in different areas of the country.

3. "Not worth the pay."

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager & Visual Operations Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager & Visual Operations Manager

I worked at bebe stores (More than a year)

Pros

The discount was nice but still ridiculous.

Cons

Work you to the bone with crazy hours, constant changes, overpriced crap and so money hungry, it's pathetic.

Advice to Management

I was the management. The amount of stress and pressure is not worth the $.

"Sales manager"

Pros

Discount, nice clothes, accessories, and shoes

Cons

Low pay, long hours, hard labor, horrible management, company doesn't care about employees

Advice to Management

Need to stop treating employees horribly, need better training, clothes should be better quality because it always came with defects or holes and broken zippers

5. "Sucky"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at bebe stores (Less than a year)

Pros

None the company has nice clothes that's all.

Cons

Managers suck and play favorites. When your new to the job they take advantage of you and make you do their dirty work. Many of the girls steal your commission and you get paid little of nothing!

Advice to Management

Higher better people

"Sinking ship"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at bebe stores full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great fashion forward product. Great relationships with the work team and clients who love the brand.

Cons

They've recently closed a lot of stores. They changed the comission structure for stylists which resulted in loosing a lot of top sellers. Hard to maintain work/life balance with unrealistic expectations with heavy shipments and crazy visions (floorsets).

7. "Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

The only pro is the employee discounts

Cons

The worst company I've work for. The pay is low and there are no room for growth. The work and time you put in for this job is never appreciated.

Advice to Management

Best of luck to this company

8. "Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Sample sales are cool and cheap, only for employees. You find nice people who you get along with but a lot of people are not as nice and are stuck in their ways as far as progression for the company.

Cons

Terrible leadership, you won't grow within your position even if you want to. Parking is always a battle.

Advice to Management

Leadership courses for upper management would be beneficial.

"Bad customer and Employee service."

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Northeast, NY
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Northeast, NY

I have been working at bebe stores full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, payed hourly, great discount, and a large percent of repeat clients that you get to build a great relationship with.

Cons

I have been working at bebe for over 10 years, This is an extremely bad place to work and I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. This company is all about loss prevention controll, You are forced to discriminate against your clients daily in fear that theft may occur which can result in lost of your job. This is the expectations from the top down. You get absolutely no hours to work with, operations and loss pervention is 90 percent of your day. You are scheduled to do overnight floor moves, expected to take weekly conference calls on your days off. Corporate just can't seem to figure out that operations takes away from client service and results in poor sales.

Advice to Management

Cut down the operations and tasking. We currently have an audit for an audit and an check list for an checklist , you give absolutely no hours and most importantly our clients are getting treated badly from lack of client services and/or being treated like shoplifters.

10. "I missed my coworkers not managers"

Pros

first store manager was amazing she was not only about the brand but about her employees the discount was great

Cons

the new manager did absolutely nothing and i mean nothing her store could be going up in flames and she would not help us at all and she sucked as a manager only about the business unfortunately they sent her from a high shrink store and our shrink was just as high as her previous store because she did nothing now she is a district manager and i feel bad for the company