KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

bebe stores

Engaged Employer

bebe stores

Add a Review

bebe stores Employee Reviews about "bebe"

Updated Feb 27, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 520 of over 520 reviews
4.4
79% Recommend to a Friend
89% Approve of CEO

Found 71 of over 520 reviews

4.4
bebe stores Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer Manny Mashouf (no image)
Manny Mashouf

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and fun environment.(in 28 reviews)
  • "It offers great benefits and raises the bar of management and associates when it comes to service.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Supportive managers and will push you to be the best you can be.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Bebe offers excellent training on fashion styling and providing top of the line service to each customer.(in 10 reviews)
  • "A great team that cares and strives to constantly improve(in 10 reviews)
Cons
  • "The pay is low and there are no room for growth.(in 30 reviews)
  • "long hours to put in and long days(in 27 reviews)
  • "The comission is high, but it is very hard to reach the goal to actually earn commission.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Management and stylist have been unprofessional the store manager is either playing favoritism or refuses to hold stylist and management accountable for their bad behavior.(in 18 reviews)
  • "No work life balance(in 10 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of bebe stores and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "bebe"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Store Manager

Mar 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best store environments I have ever been a part of.

Cons

Bebe closed its doors in May 2017 :(

2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Fun people to work with, questionable business policies

Feb 27, 2021 - Retail Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

We were pressured to buy the clothes from the store and wear them on our shifts. Also, my feet would be in pain from having to wear heels all day, because management wanted us to look like a "Bebe girl"... whatever that means.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Pretty solid company

Feb 17, 2018 - Store Manager in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was employed at bebe for many years in both full time and part-time capacity. Very tight knit culture and the top priority was customer service,

Cons

Retail schedule, too many floor plan changes, high expectations to complete large tasks with not alot of time given.

4. 4.0

Ok job

May 23, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

the best part about working at Bebe is the discount. The store environment was nice and you meet a bunch of new people. A stylist gets commission.

Cons

The base pay isn't the best and you have a bunch of hungry Stylist trying to make a sale. You will typically only be part time and you work late hours.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Designer pattern maker first to production

Apr 5, 2017 - Production in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment to work forand friendly coworkers.

Cons

after 12 years Bebe is closing doorsand friendly coworkers.

6. 2.0

Take more interest

Oct 22, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, some discount contests that makes your discount higher, helping different types of people. Good vision health insurance benefits

Cons

Raise program ineffective you work hard and you do self reviews every 6 months and it takes forever to hear anything, 50% discount is not cutting it most high end retailers are 60-70, and Bebe is not cheap so some employees would like to buy more stuff but they can't, doing everything for the store with no recognition. I basically did my job and my store managers job because it seems like she just didn't care anymore . Turnover rate terrible in our location and no one questioned it

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 3.0

Good Atmosphere, Terrible Pay

Oct 13, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Products was great, other employees were sweet.

Cons

I could not live off of a Bebe paycheck

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Place to work! Love the clothes!

Sep 6, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for. Very fashion forward trends and very client based. Discount was amazing. Loved shopping bebe as much as I loved working there.

Cons

no cons from when I worked at bebe.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee

Management roles within retail store

Aug 25, 2016 -  in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

This brand attracts a high caliber of talent in the hiring process. The benefits for full time staff are very good and overall employee phsyical health is a high priority at bebe.

Cons

The list of job requirements that needed to be completed in the time frame given while creating the ideal environment for low loss percentages was nearly impossible. Pay rates need to be raised and more hours given for adequete scheduling. More part time stylists were always needed to cover the floor to increase sales and lower shrink during times of high traffic. Management bonuses are hard to achieve as turnover was high due to losing talented stylists to higher paying companies. Entry-level management makes a fraction of the salary of long term management while still being expected to manage the same workloads.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great place to start retail!

Jul 5, 2016 - Sales Associate/Stylist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bebe is great place to start in retail as far as learning how to build clientele, making sure the client is happy, and paying attention to detail. I met some cool people too, and I was able to network and land another job through a client.

Cons

It can be slow some days, but what retail store doesn't go through this. Hourly Pay could have been better.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 71 Reviews