bebe stores "stylist" Reviews | Glassdoor

bebe stores Employee Reviews about "stylist"

Updated Jun 7, 2017

3.6
bebe stores CEO Manny Mashouf (no image)
Manny Mashouf
Pros
Cons
  • "The base pay isn't the best and you have a bunch of hungry Stylist trying to make a sale(in 30 reviews)

• "Working long hours, holidays, employee favoritism(in 23 reviews)

Reviews about "stylist"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great Experience!"

I worked at bebe stores

Pros

Great exposure to retailing world.

Cons

As a beginning stylist, you are limited to part time hours which is understandable.

bebe stores2016-06-29
  2. "Stylist"

I worked at bebe stores part-time

Pros

-Commission -Team is like a family -Clients are pick and choose -You get amazing 50% off employee discount -Great fashion education

Cons

-To make the most of commission, you really have to keep up with your clientele -Weekdays are drag -Other stylists may steal your sales

Advice to Management

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CLOSE ALL YOUR STORES AND GO ONLINE-ONLY. THIS JOB WAS SUPPOSE TO PAY FOR MY COLLEGE AND I WAS PLANNING TO STAY UNTIL I BECOME A PHYSICIAN.

bebe stores2017-06-08
  3. "Ok job"

I worked at bebe stores part-time

Pros

the best part about working at Bebe is the discount. The store environment was nice and you meet a bunch of new people. A stylist gets commission.

Cons

The base pay isn't the best and you have a bunch of hungry Stylist trying to make a sale. You will typically only be part time and you work late hours.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees based on experience and try to keep down the drama between Stylist. Support the SUPPORT staff better.

bebe stores2017-05-23
  4. "The best and worst first job I could have had"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at bebe stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I learned a lot, got to be responsible for running the majority of each store I was located at

Cons

I wasn't given great training when I first got promoted from stylist to sales manager. I was given much more work than I was supposed to be responsible for and if anything in the store failed, I was thrown under the bus and given blame. I didn't enjoy it because I constantly got passed up for further promotion when I deserved it over others who barely worked. Probably the reason the stores haven't been as profitable.

Advice to Management

Should have given those who actually worked hard the promotions, it definitely would have helped make the stores more profitable.

bebe stores2017-04-22
  5. "Stylist"

I worked at bebe stores part-time

Pros

Good product, a lot of interaction with consumers, ability to really raise your pay with commission

Cons

Bad management in stores, a lot of pressure to make commission, management slacked a lot but expected stylists to always be involved

Advice to Management

More frequent visits by higher manager to the stores in order to maintain order and respect

bebe stores2017-02-24
  6. "Store Manager"

I worked at bebe stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fun, Fashion Forward place to work. Good Pay for MGMT. Always cutting edge, fun preview parties.

Cons

low pay for stylists,

Advice to Management

set realistic goals for stylists lets help them obtain their goal. If they're happy they are willing to work harder. REMEMBER the "little people" make companies wrong

bebe stores2017-02-02

"management unfair"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at bebe stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good atmosphere can meet a lot of different people, does evolve into real friendships great discount for self and as gift purchases okay opportunities

Cons

--staff is hard to manage. many are at a younger age and put in little effort and do not last. it's a swinging door- for every stylist hired, another leaves. hard to keep stores fully staffed. as far as filling in positions, they throw anyone into positions and expect golden results with barely little experience or training. (training managers are barely explaining what needs to be accomplished and what's expected... of those who are new to company. miscommunication definitely) --impossible goals. district and regional management and higher-ups expect too much of stores. they aren't in store, dealing with day to day issues and situations. we are held to such a high expectation of preventing loss prevention and keeping shoplifters away but at the same time, expect level 10 floor sets every other week, transfers, markdowns, two to three conference calls a week (mostly off the sales floor, but even when call is taken ON the floor management stuck behind cash wrap on phone for 1+ hours) constant updates, piles and piles of paperwork. --unfair sales. management bonuses are hard to meet. stores expected to meet prior year's numbers and projected numbers in order to make bonus each month which would be fine but stores are NO longer able to be adjusted monthly for online sales (bebe.com) and it affects the numbers of each store daily. it not only takes away the drive of each team but it makes it seem as if online sales are soaring but realistically they're killing stores. --online returns. as previously stated, online returns should ONLY be allowed to be returned to online. if our stores are "so-called" not directly associated with the website and don't have same discounts or items, clients should only be allowed to ship back items to warehouse not local locations. --pay raises. management not treated the way they should be. yes, they start with good hourly wages but what marks the time to get a raise? it should be based off quality of the position. management works day in, day out to make sure stores are run correctly and receive no respect. and when there is a raise, its cents not dollars. shameful. --return policy/customer issues. district and regional management do NOT stand behind store management. they want problems and issues to just disappear and we're left to solve any way we can. if item is over return policy (21 days) it's always "one time exception" and never just "no". what kind of precedent is that setting? if there is a customer issue involving this or anything else, it's always a stores fault and never the customer.

Advice to Management

whoever is running east coast districts should be more aware of their teams and take care of their employers. they shouldn't be trying to replace them any chance they get.

bebe stores2016-10-10
  8. "Store Manager"

Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at bebe stores

Pros

Rewarding client/ stylist relationships. Great employee discount. Amazing benefits. Constant company communication.

Cons

No work life balance. Employee conflict resolution of young women/men. High turnover. Constant restructuring. Preconceived notions of how and who employees are.

Advice to Management

Be consistent and offer more than minimum wage as base for stylists, it may have provide a higher employee retention rate.

bebe stores2016-09-13
  9. "Management roles within retail store"

in Austin, TX

I worked at bebe stores

Pros

This brand attracts a high caliber of talent in the hiring process. The benefits for full time staff are very good and overall employee phsyical health is a high priority at bebe.

Cons

The list of job requirements that needed to be completed in the time frame given while creating the ideal environment for low loss percentages was nearly impossible. Pay rates need to be raised and more hours given for adequete scheduling. More part time stylists were always needed to cover the floor to increase sales and lower shrink during times of high traffic. Management bonuses are hard to achieve as turnover... was high due to losing talented stylists to higher paying companies. Entry-level management makes a fraction of the salary of long term management while still being expected to manage the same workloads.

Advice to Management

Advise to corp is to raise salary of staff to match job expectations in order to achieve goals.

bebe stores2016-08-26

"Sinking ship"

Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at bebe stores full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great fashion forward product. Great relationships with the work team and clients who love the brand.

Cons

They've recently closed a lot of stores. They changed the comission structure for stylists which resulted in loosing a lot of top sellers. Hard to maintain work/life balance with unrealistic expectations with heavy shipments and crazy visions (floorsets).

bebe stores2016-05-01