bisco industries Reviews | Glassdoor

bisco industries Reviews

Updated Aug 15, 2019

Found 183 reviews

bisco industries CEO Glen Ceiley (no image)
Glen Ceiley
Pros
  • "This is my first desk job, Monday thru Friday 8-5(in 22 reviews)

• "I have a much better job now because of the entry level experience and made some friends and references(in 12 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at bisco industries full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent place to have a long term career with great benefits!

Cons

Can be a bit stressful, but every day is a new adventure!

bisco industries2019-01-30
  2. "Great organization with large amounts of upward mobility"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at bisco industries full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Only promote from within, lucrative bonus structure (in particular for the dept managers), low turnover, strong management team & solid benefits package. Over my 9 years here, I've seen the organization expand by 40 departments, which has increased our # of area's by 12 and our # regions by 2. The creation of those 54 new management positions has led to a large # of deserving individuals being promoted.

Cons

Average starting salary, slightly outdated training material (I believe they are updating them currently), potentially too vast of an array of authorized lines (i.e. we can service all industries but aren't solely focused in one particular industry like many of our competitors).

Advice to Management

Never stop trying to improve our organization.

bisco industries2019-08-15
  3. "Great start with a sub-par finish"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at bisco industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

-8AM-5PM with no overtime -Half-decent pay with full benefits

Cons

-Micromanaged constantly -Weak bonus structure -Low 401K Matching -Mundane work after the first couple of months -Low if non-existent opportunities for advance after reaching cell manager position

Advice to Management

-Pay more, get higher quality people that are willing to stay -More people does not equal success -Optimize your internal system the "new upgrade" is laughable -Hold people accountable for mistake rather than saying next time -Your word should be your bond

bisco industries2019-08-13

"Entry Level Stepping Stone"

I worked at bisco industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with Fortune 500 companies, develop great relationships, immediate co-workers are often easy to work with and there are ample opportunities to learn the defense, aerospace, and industrial manufacturing industries very well. There is some freedom to visit customers or work at a desk. Work is as an inside-outside sales hybrid.

Cons

Clueless management, out of touch HQ, incredibly too much power is held by accounting & purchasing, monotonous routines, limited bonus structure, out of date computer systems and little availability for growth past cell management.

Advice to Management

Work to make bisco industries a place for careers. Not a place to gain experience to start careers elsewhere.

bisco industries2019-06-18

"Not really sales"

Sales Representative

I worked at bisco industries

Pros

Easy Work life balance No stress Hours

Cons

*Poor management *Very monotonous *Same tasks day in and day out *No room for growth *Micro managed *Bonus structure is a joke that always favors the company *People think they are sales gods for putting in repeat orders *a lot of data entry

bisco industries2019-06-16
  6. "Account manager"

I have been working at bisco industries full-time

Pros

Good opportunity Good hours Good boss Good benefits

Cons

Little time off Need to produce immediately

bisco industries2019-04-22
  7. "Great Entry Level Position"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at bisco industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers all are there to help. Upper Management listens to employees and communication lines are always open. Decent 401k program with 5 year vesting. Medical is alright as well.

Cons

Bonus structure starting out is a little low. It can sometimes be hard to measure your results. Base pay is a little low.

Advice to Management

give more raises for good employees across the board. Higher raise from the Level 1 to Level 3 position.

bisco industries2019-02-28

"Dead End Job With No Grow"

Former Employee - L3 Sales

I worked at bisco industries full-time

Pros

People are nice. 8-5 Monday- Friday. No weekend or overtime requested. Gotta love that 1 day of visiting customers ;)

Cons

It’s groundhogs day. Same mundane tasks day in and day out. Commission structure is a joke. 10 + years to cap at 80K/year. There isn’t any skill involved in sales. You just inherit a good or bad corelist from the previous Account Manager who realize there is more to a career than Bisco. Account Managers handling Rockwell or L3 receive corny trophies and plaques because all they do is receive repeat POs.... Where’s the Sales skill set in that? Christmas parties, Bonuses, get what? Your Cell Manager gets a bill for that. The Ceilys make the CM pay them for everything! (Christmas bonus comes fro your team’s expenses) Extortion at its finest. If you like being mediocre and never achieving anything in life, this place is a 3% yearly salary increase type job.

bisco industries2019-02-11
  9. "Good Company for Growth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I worked at bisco industries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities for growth within the company. Company is also supportive when you feel a different department is more fitted for you.

Cons

Management needs to improve on communication and showing more support, especially when employees are struggling or when morale is low.

bisco industries2019-02-12

"Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Level III Sales

I have been working at bisco industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good starting pay, benefits and 401k plan. Great industry to work in with opportunity to grow.

Cons

The sales department has a lack of support from "supporting" departments ( ex: supply chain, warehouse). It is very difficult to grow business with all the internal issues, many of which come from the outdated company procedures.

bisco industries2018-12-18