blinkx Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working environment with flexible work life balance, which is good for my family life. Good pay and benefits. I really feel part of the team, and it was clear my work is appreciated and my hard efforts do go rewarded.

I have found my team leaders/management to be both responsive and helpful. So am not sure why so many reviews here are so negative.

Blinkx has many exciting products and is being well lead by senior management (even if the current mood of investors is very negative towards the company, it is not so for those of us working here).

Cons

Expect employees to work hard. So if this is not you then you may find life hard.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I expect our hard work will bear fruit shortly.

Oct 10, 2014 – Human Resources

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear you feel part of the team! We strive to create a great team that works together. Our challenges make us stronger and as you... More

2. "Likely takeover target for Yahoo"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great near future possibilities for us employees. There is a certain buzz around the office with Yahoo in takeover discussions with our parent company Blinkx PLC. The possibilities will be endless if as expected Yahoo buys Blinkx.

Cons

Long hours work life balance are a little tricky sometimes.

Advice to Management

Share more with staff and more regular updates. Stock options for Blinkx would be nice.

3. "Fast paced busy but great working environment"

Current Employee - Advertising Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Advertising Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A very fast and growing company with very clear focus and targets. Amazing product line and colleagues watch this space grab media is going to be huge and I am exited to be a part of it's future.

Cons

Because grab is growing so fast we may be taken over by someone like yahoo or WPP which can provide some uncertainty.

Advice to Management

Continue providing staff clear targets

4. "Lot's of autonomy and perfect job for the self-starter who doesn't need a lot of supervision"

Pros

there's a lot of ears open when you voice your opinion. You have the freedom to really branch out and take on whatever role you'd like to take. If you have initiative, you can pull in other employees from other departments or divisions to really make a difference..

Cons

The industry is very fast face and ever changing. Sometimes it's difficult to keep up with all the changes.

Advice to Management

Keep looking out for the A players who are looking to take on more, and make sure they're recognized and noticed for their contributions.

Jul 15, 2014 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with blinkx.

5. "Blinkx/Prime Visibility review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I worked at blinkx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Smart, hard working co-workers. Great benefits. Awesome leadership, great vision.

Cons

Can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Great culture, happy employees. Move forward on the 401k match.

Jul 10, 2014 – Human Resources

Thank you for your perspective and the time you took to share your views about blinkx !

6. "Overall a forward thinking company"

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work! Everyone really has a sense of ownership and direction, and the company embraces this work ethic. Lots of opportunity if one has the drive.

Cons

Company has grown pretty quickly, and feel like maybe some eggs are spread too thin, but otherwise, overall management is working towards better growth

7. "A growing company with great opportunities"

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at blinkx for almost three years now. I have learned so much and really advanced in my career. You can make the position your own and take on new projects, as the company has grown a lot in the past few years. You work with people from multiple offices and continue to learn new things every day.

Cons

The challenge of working at blinkx is keeping self-motivated. You are not micro-managed and you must be proactive at all times.

Advice to Management

I trust the senior leadership team is continuously working to make blinkx a better business ! I love working with a team that challenges me and helps me grow.

"Good place to work"

I have been working at blinkx full-time

Pros

Good compensation, good benefits, flexible hours and good opportunities for advancement. Overall a very good place to work.

Cons

More collaboration between divisions would be helpful.

Advice to Management

One of Blinkx's great strength is the diversity of its divisions, we should try to leverage that more and take advantage of each others skills and technologies.

"Great place to work !"

Current Employee - Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, start up vibe with corporate resources. As we grow we continue to take on new and challenging projects. Its been an awesome work experience ! Always learning new things and never bored.

Cons

You are expected to be "on" and available at all times. However this is rewarded with great company events and outings. Work hard , play hard attitude !

Advice to Management

I appreciate our All Hand Meetings keeping all employee's up to date with the business.

"Great place of employment!"

Current Employee - Billing & Revenue Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Billing & Revenue Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, approachable management, co-workers great to work with.

Cons

I currently do not have any cons for the company. Great place to work, great people to work with.