blinkx Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
blinkx CEO S. Brian Mukherjee
S. Brian Mukherjee

Pros
  • They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The company was complicit in advertiser fraud, and optimizing the sale of fake impressions was a core element of their business (in 4 reviews)

"Rollercoaster Ride - but a good one"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Faced paced, high reward work environment. Co-workers are no nonsense, smart and hard working. Company is growing fast, creating lots of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

blinkx is growing so fast that the support infrastructure is having trouble keeping pace. The company needs to focus on how to make the transition from a small organization to a mid-size company.

Advice to Management

Improve companywide communication channels. With the hyper growth that's taken place over the last year management needs to do a better job of communicating to the various business units. Improved communication will help the various business units understand what each other are doing and provide more opportunity for collaboration.

"Innovative Company, Best Staff in the Business"

Current Employee - Director of CPC & Display in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Director of CPC & Display in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are very few companies where you never have to worry about bureaucracy. The new hire who is just learning the space has a voice at the same table as the CEO. There is never a dull moment and you are constantly challenged by your peers, your superiors, and internally. There is a reason why most of the employees have been here for years. At Blinkx we are more like a family and each of us take pride in adding to the success of this great company.

Cons

This job requires you to always be on top of your job. The internet never shuts down and neither do we.

Advice to Management

More comfortable chairs.

"Easily the most laid back and self-rewarding company I've worked at"

Current Employee - Senior Inventory Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Inventory Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at blinkx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Blinkx is a company that is both fiscally stable and maintains a roster of the smartest people in the industry. It's the type of company where you are rewarded for your production/input. The pay, benefits, and company culture is amazing, and is almost too fun at times.

You have the potential to earn more than any other company I've seen, and those efforts are noticed...Brian knows my name personally and what I've contributed. He seems to go out of his way to make sure personally knows everyone possible open door policy at all times. If you come in with the right attitude, you'll be compensated far beyond what I've seen any other ad network or entertainment company

Also, NBA Jam Tournament Edition is an excellent thing to have in any office

Cons

Like any company that leaves your experience and compensation entirely in your hands, you have a mix of attitudes - war heroes, gossip/social butterfly types, disgruntled about expected earnings, sharks, "class clowns," etc (typical 8 types of employee mindsets).

If you're the type of person who isn't self-motivated and willing to make your position your personal business...it might not be the place for you. My role is one that basically makes me a business within a business, and I couldn't be happier about

A lot of the posts that are negative seem to be from people who came in expecting to get the A treatment regardless of their work, or felt micromanaged during their tenure.

Advice to Management

Keep the company culture as is, and continue down the path we're on.

"Best place I have ever worked"

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Since my first day, my voice has had the same weight as everyone else, regardless of position. This company consistently hires the most talented people they can find which has enabled us to grow at a record pace over the past 2 years. Everyone in our office is always happy and loves being a part of the team and culture we've created together.

Cons

Need to develop more specific teams for each initiative so they can continue to get the attention they deserve without losing steam

Advice to Management

Continue to hire the best in the industry

"Great place to work."

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being able to speak to anyone at anytime is great. If there is ever a problem everybody is available to solve the problem quickly. The office is like my extended family and most employes have been here for over 5 years. We have a fully stocked kitchen and great insurance.

Cons

401k could be improved with Blinkx matching a certain percentage.

Advice to Management

More comfortable chairs and a dishwasher would be great.

"Energizing place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Melville, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Melville, NY

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for the company for over 2 years and not a day goes by when I do not feel energized! Management team provides a great atmosphere, charges the employees moral by positively communicating with them. Overall this is a great company to work for!

Cons

This may not be your typical 9-5 job.

Advice to Management

I can not think of any off the top of my head. I enjoy my job!

"Growing, learning, rewarding."

Current Employee - Senior Ad-ops Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Ad-ops Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of room for growth within the company--they truly do promote from within. Very positive laid back work atmosphere with intelligent hard working peers and superiors. Responsibilities and goals are well communicated and I'm given autonomy to take care of those responsibilities how I see fit without micromanagement. Good benefits, competitive salary, growing company which is poised to continue to provide more opportunity in the future.

Cons

Not quite as lax as some SF companies with regards to flex time or the ability to telecommute. The extremely quick rate of growth we have been experiencing can lead to confusion regarding the redefinition of roles moving forward, but that's not a bad problem to have.

Advice to Management

I'm very happy here, but the one area that leaves me wanting is that the hours are long and are not based on current work load but rather are just fixed. Flex time would be a significant morale boost as would sanctioned telecommuting as there seems to be no reason not to implement more telecommuting. The job can be done from anywhere and again would boost morale to provide employees with more freedom and would improve work/life balance.

"Fun place to work in an evolving industry. Great people, excellent location!"

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very welcoming, friendly group. Company is expanding quickly so every day is very exciting. TONS of perks - kitchen snacks, random bagel deliveries, organic fruit every week, catered Thursday lunches, Giants games & happy hours. Adjacent to Embarcadero Bart/Muni station & close to lots of great restaurants & shopping. Great health benefits - this company cares about your health!

Cons

Since the company is expanding and changing so quickly, information sometimes does not make it around to all the appropriate people, so that creates room for employee speculation & confusion.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent. I know upper management is busy but try to make sure your employees understand what is changing. I don't know if monthly company meetings satisfy this need as not all branches are included in all information exchanges.

"Corporate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small office with a blend of start-up and tech corporate culture emerging. Think flexible with sustainable resources. Plenty of opportunity to have a career and have some fun. Lots of career oriented people at the Company.

Cons

There have been growing pains of acquisitions and also growing so quickly over the last two years. Those seem to be behind us and we are recruiting and retaining lots of talented people with ideas and the skill sets to grow blinkx to $1.0 B of revenue annually.

Advice to Management

Set up a one on one mentoring program. Hire more recent college graduates. Start an internship program.

"Internship Review"

Current Intern - Corp Dev Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Corp Dev Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is extremely nice, and more than willing to walk me through their areas of expertise or give me a hand in an area i am unsure in. . The general attitude of all the employees is very positive and everyone seems very energetic. Management is very intelligent and seems committed to expanding the company. The company is also expanding rapidly.

They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them.

Cons

Other than having to do the occasional intern duties (running basic errands, faxing, etc.), and some occasional connectivity problems with wifi nothing really comes to mind.

Advice to Management

Fix the VGA cable in the conference room.