blinkx Reviews | Glassdoor

blinkx Reviews

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • They also provide free snacks/beverages and do a staff lunch every Thursday which is generous of them (in 5 reviews)

• Very positive laid back work atmosphere with intelligent hard working peers and superiors (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management who talked a lot without actually saying anything (if that's possible) (in 7 reviews)

• The company was complicit in advertiser fraud, and optimizing the sale of fake impressions was a core element of their business (in 4 reviews)

"Great Company, Loads of Opportunity and Potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Have been with Blinkx since they acquired us back in 2011, and in that time, the company has expanded, hired, and increased revenue exponentially. I've had the pleasure of working with many others across the other departments/Offices, and there's really a sense of teamwork in most areas here.

Cons

There are some minor "corporate" issues that come along with being a publicly traded company, sometimes there could be lack of communication on what may be going on, outside of monthly meetings.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Great company to work for!"

Pros

There's growth within the company. Everyone here are really friendly and willing to help one another. Since this is a start-up environment, you will have many opportunities to work with different team in this company

Cons

check in weekly with the employee would be nice

Advice to Management

keep up the monthly meeting to let employees know what this company have achieved the past month

"Great place to work !"

Current Employee - Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, start up vibe with corporate resources. As we grow we continue to take on new and challenging projects. Its been an awesome work experience ! Always learning new things and never bored.

Cons

You are expected to be "on" and available at all times. However this is rewarded with great company events and outings. Work hard , play hard attitude !

Advice to Management

I appreciate our All Hand Meetings keeping all employee's up to date with the business.

"Great place of employment!"

Current Employee - Billing & Revenue Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Billing & Revenue Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, approachable management, co-workers great to work with.

Cons

I currently do not have any cons for the company. Great place to work, great people to work with.

"Good place to work"

I have been working at blinkx full-time

Pros

Good compensation, good benefits, flexible hours and good opportunities for advancement. Overall a very good place to work.

Cons

More collaboration between divisions would be helpful.

Advice to Management

One of Blinkx's great strength is the diversity of its divisions, we should try to leverage that more and take advantage of each others skills and technologies.

7. "A growing company with great opportunities"

Current Employee - Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at blinkx for almost three years now. I have learned so much and really advanced in my career. You can make the position your own and take on new projects, as the company has grown a lot in the past few years. You work with people from multiple offices and continue to learn new things every day.

Cons

The challenge of working at blinkx is keeping self-motivated. You are not micro-managed and you must be proactive at all times.

Advice to Management

I trust the senior leadership team is continuously working to make blinkx a better business ! I love working with a team that challenges me and helps me grow.

8. "Overall a forward thinking company"

I have been working at blinkx full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work! Everyone really has a sense of ownership and direction, and the company embraces this work ethic. Lots of opportunity if one has the drive.

Cons

Company has grown pretty quickly, and feel like maybe some eggs are spread too thin, but otherwise, overall management is working towards better growth

9. "Blinkx/Prime Visibility review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I worked at blinkx full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Smart, hard working co-workers. Great benefits. Awesome leadership, great vision.

Cons

Can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Great culture, happy employees. Move forward on the 401k match.

blinkx Response

Jul 10, 2014 – Human Resources

Thank you for your perspective and the time you took to share your views about blinkx !

10. "Lot's of autonomy and perfect job for the self-starter who doesn't need a lot of supervision"

Pros

there's a lot of ears open when you voice your opinion. You have the freedom to really branch out and take on whatever role you'd like to take. If you have initiative, you can pull in other employees from other departments or divisions to really make a difference..

Cons

The industry is very fast face and ever changing. Sometimes it's difficult to keep up with all the changes.

Advice to Management

Keep looking out for the A players who are looking to take on more, and make sure they're recognized and noticed for their contributions.

blinkx Response

Jul 15, 2014 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear you are enjoying your employment with blinkx.

11. "Fast paced busy but great working environment"

Current Employee - Advertising Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Advertising Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at blinkx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A very fast and growing company with very clear focus and targets. Amazing product line and colleagues watch this space grab media is going to be huge and I am exited to be a part of it's future.

Cons

Because grab is growing so fast we may be taken over by someone like yahoo or WPP which can provide some uncertainty.

Advice to Management

Continue providing staff clear targets