blur Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
blur Group Founder & CEO Philip Letts
Philip Letts

Pros
  • I've worked with many different businesses in my career, however none as empowering as the Blur Group (in 8 reviews)

• I am encouraged by my team to develop myself to the fullest and to learn as much as possible during my time at blur (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • In my opinion it is very hard to give any cons of being intern at blur Group, Sales team based in London (in 9 reviews)

• Working with the senior management is painful to say the least (in 6 reviews)

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at blur Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was a great opportunity early in my career. The company has a cloud based platform to source talent for IT, Accounting, Legal, etc., with a unique way of catering to customer's deliverables, timeframe, & budget.

Cons

Hard to pick up traction in the US market when the company is based in London, UK. & US client's want someone who is local.

Advice to Management

Improve on initial and ongoing training.

"Financial Report Reveals Uncertain, Possibly Short Future"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Good, hardworking fellows.

However, the remaining skeleton crew are ever the optomistic, or masochistic. Lots of smart, highly skilled people underutilized.

Cons

The most recent financial report released indicates that with the rate of current cash burn + lack of revenue coming in, the company may have 6 months left. Since changing business models, sales cycle is much longer, absolutely no business is coming into the US. One remaining US sales member, 2 UK side. Enterprise isn't exactly responsive to the business model.

Despite this, management seems bizarrely optomistic, ignoring these publicized figures never addressing employee concerns of possible pending unemployment. I have never seen what appears to be severe denial on the part of leadership.

The next few months should be informative from a stakeholder's perspective. Best of luck to those remaining.

Advice to Management

Transparency makes for strong company culture, which supports morale, which supports work ethic, which is a part of company success. Financial honesty would be helpful for employess who may not be employed--planning would be nice.

"If I had to choose blur or the plague it would be the plague"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at blur Group full-time

Pros

Struggling to find it, the struggle at blur is real! Positives I can think of is it pays the bills...just!

Cons

Everything! Place is ran by a sorry excuse of a deluded, rude egotistical idiot. Don't dare challenge his ideas or else you'll be out. He thinks he is steve jobs, more like Deve yobs! Get a grip!

good concept, great people poor leadership.

Advice to Management

Throw in the towel

"Worst Company EVER"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at blur Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot and made some great connections.

Cons

Working for literally the worst people I've ever met . If it feels like a scam, it usually is.

Advice to Management

Good luck in prison.

"Good concept. Horrible execution and business."

I worked at blur Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The thought of a service exchange platform is nice. It does not work in reality. But, I did create several good relationships with providers and potential customers throughout the US and Canada that have paid off since.

Cons

Despite liking most everyone in the office, and those I routinely interacted with in London, it was a very unprofessional environment. The pitches for clients were very good, but they almost never came to fruition. It was also an HR nightmare. No benefits and no opportunity.

Advice to Management

Why mention anything? They won't heed the advice.

"Great experience to contribute and grow with cutting-edge international company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at blur Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is very refreshing that everyone cares about contributing to the company, our customers and our Experts in a positive way. Leadership gives employees the opportunity to stretch their skills and grow in areas of interest. blur Group is a growing company that values the different backgrounds, experience, talents and interests of its employees. There is a great culture of team-work unlike anywhere else I have worked. You get to learn so much about many different areas of business so no day or project is ever the same.

Cons

This is a growing company so processes are always evolving. This can be a positive because it means that process are constantly being evaluated and changed if need be. If you like processes to be black and white and get frustrated by changes to process, this might present a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep allowing employees to stretch and grow throughout various areas of the company.

"Company built on lies"

Former Employee - Exchange Support in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Exchange Support in Dallas, TX

I worked at blur Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location of the office is great, there isn't a dress code and you can even bring your Dog to work. Other members of the team are friendly.

Cons

You are forced to work crazy long hours on projects that never kick off. You have to constantly lie to customers and experts as to why projects don't kick off. Listing fee is unfair to customers. There are no health benefits, 401k, gym memberships.

Advice to Management

Need to treat employees better!

"Awful experience, stay away from them!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at blur Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Seemed exciting at first, very promising.

Cons

All they care about is listing fees, so you never actually help with projects like you were promised when you are hired on. High turn-over rate. In the few months I was there, all but one quit because they weren't getting paid even minimum wage because their projects weren't being completed or approved.

Advice to Management

Allow customers to cancel projects without requiring listing fees, otherwise we have to deal with a lot of very upset people every day.

"Hold on its going to be a rough ride!"

I worked at blur Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hard to think of any considering nobody likes to work at the Dallas, TX office. Oh, one person does, but he gets everything handed to him.

Cons

Where to start? The most dry and boring office. Management is a joke. Don't expect to be paid on projects you sell, because they all fall apart. All they want to do is charge a listing fee to everyone even thought they only have a handful of experts to do the work. All their numbers are a joke and not true. Ask what they really are?

Advice to Management

Why? they won't take it.

"What a mess"

Pros

Quick to hire, nice equipment to work with. Some of the individuals I worked with were really wonderful and inspiring people who made a foul environment mostly pleasant.

Cons

Culture, Management, Business Model, very oppressive environment

Some of the worst management I've ever seen as well as many cases of workplace bullying which would read like a diversity horror story.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff like people, rather than lemmings. Let people leave on time.