cPrime Reviews | Glassdoor

cPrime Reviews

4.2
Zubin Irani

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Atlassian Solutions Architect loving it at cPrime"

Current Employee - Atlassian Solutions Architect in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Atlassian Solutions Architect in Foster City, CA

I have been working at cPrime full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined cPrime nearly 2 years ago and have been very impressed by with the tremendous growth of the company. That growth has provided me with tremendous opportunity for personal growth. I have learned so much in the time I have worked here! We work with the top companies in the country making for a very exciting experience delivering as an expert partner for these super sexy companies! I get to work from home whenever I would like to which is very nice with how bad traffic has been in the Bay Area over the last few years. The company has happy hours and various events to bring all of the employees together every few weeks which helps when we are all spread out delivering at various clients. Overall just super happy I selected cPrime. I had 3 other offers and chose cPrime based on the great interview experience I had and the fact that they are one of Atlassian's top expert partners.

Cons

Not many to be honest. I am VERY busy but have a lot of flexibility. I can still go to my kids games and school events and just work in the evenings to stay caught up.

Advice to Management

Keep it Up! You have built a great company here!

2. "cPrime review"

Former Employee - Agile Coach and Consultant in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Agile Coach and Consultant in San Rafael, CA

I worked at cPrime (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of Agile expertise

Cons

Low work load, difficult to live on that

3. "Project Manager"

I worked at cPrime full-time

Pros

Good culture. They have a young culture and fun amenities which include yoga, beer and darts. The people that work there are really nice.

Cons

No opportunity for upward placement. Company is so small that you can't apply to other positions despite your interest.

"Great company."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I worked at cPrime full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leader in the Agile/Scrum and PMO space. Very diversified with staffing, consulting, training, and unique tools. Zubin, the CEO, is incredibly intelligent and a great leader.

Employees are taken care of and everyone gets along with no drama at all. Fun employee events and dinner here and there which keeps everyone close. Work hard, play hard with a dual keggerator in the office!

Cons

Nothing really. Things were great.

"Great Clients, Agile Experts"

Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Contractor - Senior Project Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at cPrime as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have always been skeptical of traditional staffing agencies. These guys are different! They have a true Agile Consulting Practice and help many of the top companies in the Bay Area with their Agile Transformations. Chuck Badger was always a pleasure to work with and placed me three times over the last 5 years with some very cool companies. I picked up my CSM and PMI-ACP along the way. cPrime paid for those certifications. They have been truly invested in my development. They always came out to check on me at my various client sites and took me to lunch often. I was invited to every holiday and summer party that they held. They took me out to baseball games with the team and really made me feel like part of the company even though I was 100% at a client site. How many Consulting shops do that?

Cons

As a Consultant I was not eligible for PTO but did have great benefits for myself and my family.

Advice to Management

Maybe a way to reward the consultants that have stuck around for 5+ years? Profit sharing? :)

6. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Foster City, CA

I have been working at cPrime full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have recently completed my 4 year anniversary here at cPrime. I have grown more here professionally than any of my previous jobs combined. cPrime is very ambitious and lives on the cutting edge both in terms of the products and services we offer and also in the tools that are used in the back office to deliver. We have three very distinct lines of business within the Agile space and I am lucky enough to be involved in all of them in some way which keeps my life very interesting and stimulating.

Cons

The only con for me is the commute from the Tri-Valley but that is a minor thing to deal with for the opportunity to work for such a great company. The company is also very flexible in terms of hours and work from home to accommodate.

7. "Fantastic! Finally a company that understands that employees with freedom to the right thing will do the right thing!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I have been working at cPrime full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People, people, people. And a story of success. The company is growing and is exciting! They really believe in doing the best for the customer. Period. Also a commitment to develop the employees.

Cons

Growing pains. If you want a completely predictable, and a no-challenge job, cPrime is not for you. But if you want to make something happen, then it is great.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

8. "You're best working as a contractor through this company"

I have been working at cPrime full-time

Pros

Provides a variety of training work to engage in with a mixture of local and travel work included. Useful if you desire traveling for short training engagements.

Cons

Not well suited for applied consultants seeking development of thought leadership at clients. Disappointing level of support for sharing thought leadership at conferences in the Agile Community.

Advice to Management

Consistency in what is promised when new folks are recruited as compared what is provided after starting.

9. "Two Years, Three Contracts - Best Firm I have ever worked with."

Pros

The cPrime team has always helped me find great paying contracts at amazing companies and working on cutting edge projects. They have always stayed in touch with me and sponsored lunches and happy hours for their teams at the various clients I have worked at for them. I received a $1,000 credit to their training department and used it to get my Certified ScrumMaster designation. cPrime's focus on the Agile framework keeps them on the cutting edge and working with the best companies in the Bay Area. Overall I have been very happy with everyone I have come into contact with at cPrime.

Cons

Their payment terms were a little weak when I first started with them but they resolved that quickly and are now on a solid Bi-Monthly payment cycle.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It's working!

"Was a contractor for them.....There are better agencies out there"

I worked at cPrime full-time (More than a year)

Pros

none that no other agency offers

Cons

cPrime hired me to be a contractor at one of their client sites. They claimed to value their employees but clearly only cared about you in terms of a revenue generator for them. Insincere, unprofessional and amateurs. Their staffing specialist and account managers, even their VP were unpolished almost to the point of embarrassing. One of their recruiters sent me an email after I left them for another agency and scolded me like she was my mother. I sent that email around to several people at their client site and we all had a good laugh at their immaturity. Pay is not great, benefits are not great, no perks, lousy management.

Advice to Management

With so many agencies to choose from, what sets you apart is how you treat people. In your case, left a very bad impression on me which I have passed onto other potential employees as well as employers looking for an agency to staff for them.