comScore Reviews | Glassdoor

comScore Reviews

Updated December 14, 2017

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours, became a bit bureaucratic (which was not always the case) (in 14 reviews)

• Upper management seems to generally be of poor quality, though this most recent round of upper management seems OK (in 11 reviews)

"Been Better, Been Worse"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at comScore full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The landscape is ever changing. There's no time for monotony here. We're always looking forward to the next step and how to improve our services. Thinking outside the box encouraged. Flexible time-off. Great benefits.

Cons

There are always cons to every job. I'm very content and can't complain about anything.

Advice to Management

My personal experience with upper management has been great.

2. "Happy being here"

Current Employee - Quality Analyst II
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst II

Pros

Great place to work.Open culture and good work life balance.
    Opportunity for career growth and exposure to new areas.

Cons

No stock plans for non-management employees!

Jul 5, 2017 – Recruiting

Thanks for the mention of an ESPP for stock. We are looking into this, and management is aware that this is something our employees would like to see. Stay tuned as we get more info.

"Associate Analyst"

I have been working at comScore full-time

Pros

-People are extremely helpful and nice

Cons

-Low compensation and little additional benefits

"Great business internship experience"

I have been working at comScore full-time

Pros

Great working culture, very competitive pay for summer internship, management committed to giving the best experience possible

Cons

Interns sometimes find themselves doing the same workload as analysts

Mar 24, 2017 – Recruiting

Thanks for your review, and for being a part of our internship program. We really try to focus on providing a "real" internship experience, where you are working on live systems, as we... More

"Good but be careful not to get stuck going nowhere"

I have been working at comScore full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is an innovative company taking necessary steps to right itself after a bout with not so great leadership. Major competitor in the world of digital audience analysis. The people are smart and invested in the success of the company. Many have been around for years but the company also brings in young talent. Can be a good place to spread your wings if you are aggressive about doing so.

Cons

A lot of smart people sometimes means clashing in an unproductive way, lack of transparency and bitterness. There can be a tendency to silo each other versus working together. It's hard to get a straight answer on the direction in which leadership intends to take the company. However, maybe that will change soon. It's never good to feel unsure. It creates too much tension during the work day. Also, some managers are happy not to present opportunities to grow to subordinates.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees and work to build TRUST. Words don't matter but actions do. Invest in the current workforce and know that there is a whole lot of amazing talent that is not being utilized due to ASSUMPTIONS.

Feb 13, 2017 – Recruiting

Thanks for taking the time to review comScore. We hear you, and this sentiment, loud and clear. Gian, our CEO and the leadership team have been working double-time to help clear up that direction... More

6. "Big Data Software Development"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Reston, VA

I have been working at comScore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good infrastructure
    Flexible working hours, may work from home
    Flexible vacation days
    Informal atmosphere

Cons

Planning can be improved, more structured
    Developers often need to support production, which can be stressful

7. "Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at comScore as an intern

Pros

Communication was good, people always available to answer questions early on when needed.
    Helped develop a better understanding of the web advertising market.
    Worked remotely, which was nice.

Cons

The work became somewhat tedious at times, similar to data entry

Advice to Management

Well done.

"Associate Analyst"

Current Employee - Associate Analyst in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Associate Analyst in Portland, OR

I have been working at comScore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits and perks. Great environment to work in. Amazing co-workers

Cons

Unorganized and hard to advance career. Pay is not competitive.

Jan 20, 2017 – Recruiting

Thanks for your reviews. We're glad to have you as a part of comScore! We have always had a meritocracy here at comScore, where you have some control over the shape and speed of your career growth... More

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at comScore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment, hire smart people who get the job done and work in collaborative team environment. The recruiting team did an amazing job bringing in the right talent to the organization. The HR & Learning team is fantastic! Account management and customer support teams do an amazing job in supporting the client and finding solutions unexpected issues.

Cons

Lack of communication from senior leaders and lack of organizational direction. Lack of leadership in Sales

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees. Communicate internally much better. Value strong people leadership. Upgrade senior leadership.

Jan 5, 2017 – Recruiting

Thanks for this great review. We'll be happy to pass the kudos to the recruiting and Learning teams, as this will make their day! All of our teams understand that their mission affects the entire... More

"Great Place to Start Out"

Current Employee - Senior Client Insights Analyst in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Client Insights Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at comScore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

comScore is a respected industry leader in audience measurement. Working in the digital space, our data isn't perfect but you can tell clients feel it's the best out there. Coming out of school you get thrown into the fire pretty quickly. This can be a good thing as you are forced to learn new skills and your resume evolves in rapid fashion. The Reston office has a great twenty-something community ideal for making friends out of school and networking across different verticals. comScore is a unique company which offers big responsibility right away with competitive compensation hiring out of school.

Cons

The company has been through some turmoil recently and it has kept upper management distracted a bit (understandably). Teams can be set in their ways and depending on the team long hours from younger employees and shorter hours from older employees can be common. comScore can try to be everything for everyone and I think that definitely affects my team. The desire to answer every question can takeaway from the ability to answer a few questions more completely. Constant changing of priorities can make accomplishing goals difficult.

Advice to Management

Investing in data assets is vitally important and comScore has done so. But investing in people and infrastructure is important as well. comScore hires a lot of recent graduates and almost all of them disappear within 3 years or so. I don't think that's coincidence. While perhaps that's an intentional decision there is a generational gap forming which I think is becoming problematic particularly when different teams have different experience levels and are working together.

Dec 2, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for the thoughtful review. We agree that career pathing is of the utmost importance. We feel particularly strong about this as it relates to recent graduates. We want to make sure we are... More