comScore Reviews | Glassdoor

comScore Reviews

Updated May 24, 2017

Pros
  • good work-life balance, good place to learn technical skills (in 27 reviews)

• This is highly discouraging when acclimating to an already very stressful work-environment (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance depends on your team and your vertical (in 15 reviews)

• Long hours, became a bit bureaucratic (which was not always the case) (in 14 reviews)

1. "Good pay and fun company"

Former Employee - Engineering in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Engineering in Reston, VA

Pros

It is a fun place to work and there are a lot of smart people. The company is public and has a lot of resources to use in buying companies. They also are willing to invest in the engineering and qa teams. I worked in the engineering team for a few years and thought it was a job where you can learn a lot. The leadership of the engineering team, including the CTO and vice president of engineering are a clown show, but if you like bozo, you would be fine with them. The company is fun to work at.

Cons

The management yells at the employees and doesn't understand basic motivation skills and should probably take a class on how to motivate people. The guys running the company, such as the CEO and president are smart smart smart and know how to make a company successful. From everything I heard, they have built 4 companies that have been successful between them. They are really good to work for and, when they take the time to visit with the technology teams, they know how to let us in on the business and help us in seeing why we are working so hard. I wish we could spend more time with them because they do know how to motivate people.

Advice to Management

Take a management class and learn how to listen to people that work for you. For the executive people I would say the only feedback is to look at the technology leadership and make certain you know what is going on in there. You are spending a lot of money on the engineering effort and it would be a bad thing if this bad leader we are dealing with would cause you to lose good people. Is there some coaching program you can provide for them? One example is when I had to go to renew my visa and they would not let me do this without giving me a hard time.

2. "Happy being here"

Current Employee - Quality Analyst II
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst II

Pros

Great place to work.Open culture and good work life balance.
    Opportunity for career growth and exposure to new areas.

Cons

No stock plans for non-management employees!

"Associate Analyst"

I have been working at comScore full-time

Pros

-People are extremely helpful and nice

Cons

-Low compensation and little additional benefits

"Great business internship experience"

I have been working at comScore full-time

Pros

Great working culture, very competitive pay for summer internship, management committed to giving the best experience possible

Cons

Interns sometimes find themselves doing the same workload as analysts

comScore Response

Mar 24, 2017 – Recruiting

Thanks for your review, and for being a part of our internship program. We really try to focus on providing a "real" internship experience, where you are working on live systems, as we feel this ... More

"Good but be careful not to get stuck going nowhere"

I have been working at comScore full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is an innovative company taking necessary steps to right itself after a bout with not so great leadership. Major competitor in the world of digital audience analysis. The people are smart and invested in the success of the company. Many have been around for years but the company also brings in young talent. Can be a good place to spread your wings if you are aggressive about doing so.

Cons

A lot of smart people sometimes means clashing in an unproductive way, lack of transparency and bitterness. There can be a tendency to silo each other versus working together. It's hard to get a straight answer on the direction in which leadership intends to take the company. However, maybe that will change soon. It's never good to feel unsure. It creates too much tension during the work day. Also, some managers are happy not to present opportunities to grow to subordinates.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees and work to build TRUST. Words don't matter but actions do. Invest in the current workforce and know that there is a whole lot of amazing talent that is not being utilized due to ASSUMPTIONS.

comScore Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Recruiting

Thanks for taking the time to review comScore. We hear you, and this sentiment, loud and clear. Gian, our CEO and the leadership team have been working double-time to help clear up that direction ... More

7. "Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at comScore as an intern

Pros

Communication was good, people always available to answer questions early on when needed.
    Helped develop a better understanding of the web advertising market.
    Worked remotely, which was nice.

Cons

The work became somewhat tedious at times, similar to data entry

Advice to Management

Well done.

8. "Intern"

Pros

Helpful mentorship, lots of flexibility on hours, good location

Cons

Very disorganized at times, not very good team-to-team communication.

9. "good work environment"

I have been working at comScore full-time

Pros

good work-life balance, good place to learn technical skills

Cons

training is not very structured and management should have gone through a more thorough training program before managing people

10. "comScore"

Pros

Very flexible working time and people are nice.

Cons

The career path is not clear

11. "Great company poised to revolutionize its industry"

I worked at comScore full-time

Pros

Industry exposure, leading analytic tools training, flexible time off, casual work environment

Cons

High attrition amount middle management, very young workforce

Advice to Management

Incentivize middle management to groom junior ranks for leadership roles for greater employee retention.