comScore Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 8, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours, became a bit bureaucratic (which was not always the case) (in 14 reviews)

• Upper management seems to generally be of poor quality, though this most recent round of upper management seems OK (in 11 reviews)

"Great Place to Start Out"

Current Employee - Senior Client Insights Analyst in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Client Insights Analyst in Reston, VA

I have been working at comScore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

comScore is a respected industry leader in audience measurement. Working in the digital space, our data isn't perfect but you can tell clients feel it's the best out there. Coming out of school you get thrown into the fire pretty quickly. This can be a good thing as you are forced to learn new skills and your resume evolves in rapid fashion. The Reston office has a great twenty-something community ideal for making friends out of school and networking across different verticals. comScore is a unique company which offers big responsibility right away with competitive compensation hiring out of school.

Cons

The company has been through some turmoil recently and it has kept upper management distracted a bit (understandably). Teams can be set in their ways and depending on the team long hours from younger employees and shorter hours from older employees can be common. comScore can try to be everything for everyone and I think that definitely affects my team. The desire to answer every question can takeaway from the ability to answer a few questions more completely. Constant changing of priorities can make accomplishing goals difficult.

Advice to Management

Investing in data assets is vitally important and comScore has done so. But investing in people and infrastructure is important as well. comScore hires a lot of recent graduates and almost all of them disappear within 3 years or so. I don't think that's coincidence. While perhaps that's an intentional decision there is a generational gap forming which I think is becoming problematic particularly when different teams have different experience levels and are working together.

Dec 2, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for the thoughtful review. We agree that career pathing is of the utmost importance. We feel particularly strong about this as it relates to recent graduates. We want to make sure we are... More

"Not Much More Than a Resume Builder"

Pros

The benefits are probably the best thing this company has to offer.

Cons

There is no advancement for a lot of employees. When I asked for career outlook, my manager just about laughed in my face. A few people carry the weight of the team while others get away with just showing up. Those that deserve to move up never do. Instead of promoting within, they hire new staff not even considering those who have been there for years producing results. They do a great job of making those who work the hardest feel worthless while praising those who do absolutely nothing for the success of the company.

Advice to Management

Ask employees how they feel about their leaders. Some "leaders" are not even leading and aren't even qualified to be in their positions.

Dec 5, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for your candid review. We're very concerned that a manager would reply this way when faced with an employee trying to expand their career options. We do not condone nor stand for this type of... More

3. "Intern"

Pros

Helpful mentorship, lots of flexibility on hours, good location

Cons

Very disorganized at times, not very good team-to-team communication.

"Growing pains"

I worked at comScore full-time

Pros

Innovative and entrepreneurial, despite growing pains

Cons

Bureaucratic management, low transparency, slow to make decisions. Major growing pains

Dec 2, 2016 – Recruiting

We appreciate that you used the term, growing pains, as that's the same phrase we'd use. 2016 was a big year for us, in acquiring Rentrak, which added 500 employees to comScore. That was by far the... More

5. "Good Place"

Pros

good conditions, and good people

Cons

suitable positions are so rare

"okay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at comScore full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good health benefits
    good location in Reston Town Center
    smart coworkers

Cons

Growth depends on the project you are working on.
    Product team has no vision and has no clue about market trends.
    Senior managers do nothing for the development of their direct reports(atleast my manager doesn't)

Advice to Management

Have a clear vision and strategy. Invest in your employees - not just VP and C level executives but everyone that works for the company.

Dec 5, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for the review, we appreciate the honesty. We've noticed some need for improvement in the product realm for us, and have taken some steps to address leadership at the product level. We're... More

7. "good work environment"

I have been working at comScore full-time

Pros

good work-life balance, good place to learn technical skills

Cons

training is not very structured and management should have gone through a more thorough training program before managing people

"3 years"

Current Employee - Senior Client Service Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Client Service Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at comScore (Less than a year)

Pros

If you need to be a firm 9-5, you can be. There also seem to be a number of flexible work opportunities if needed.

Interesting industry.

Starting salary is decent for the industry (but increases are small).

People are generally friendly and non-competitive.

Cons

Short paid parental leave.

The goals of the company are somewhat unclear. There are overarching buzz words, such as cross-platform, but no concrete internal and commercial goals communicated to help us get there.

Employee retention does not appear to be a high priority.

Product and technical industry knowledge lacking in the Sales department.

There is not a strong "culture" at comScore. You have offices where large sections of people do not know one another (although the offices are not extremely big). There is also very little done day-to-day to create a culture and improve employee morale.

Doesn't seem to be much training for managers on how to best manage people and grow their careers.

Advice to Management

Overall, I think this company needs to think about investing in its people the same way it invests in new products. There is a lot of talent within the company, but many people are not being properly motivated to reach their full potential. I think we could squeeze a lot more out of the resources we already have, instead of continuing to spend money on new ones.

"Apply at your own risk...."

Current Employee - Accounting Professional in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Accounting Professional in Reston, VA

I have been working at comScore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free snacks and beverages and the occasional free lunch. Additional benefits vary based on your department and location.

Cons

Managers are often moved into positions with no management training due to their tenure. There is a tendency to set goals and tasks by managers providing little direction to team members. The only goal is to get the work completed with no questions asked. When confronted with obstacles such as system limitations you are responsible for circumventing obstacles regardless of the difficulty within the 40 hour work week.

Our business is information yet nothing is shared amongst teams and feedback is not welcomed. I was recently brought on a project post-implementation and told that I was now responsible for managing it. My input was never considered despite the impact this project has on my work and the months of planning and meetings that I did not attend.

The company professes to have a collaborative team environment yet the work primarily falls on those who can do it. People who cannot/will not do the work are usually those held in favor by management. Hard work and a dedication to work are not appreciated.

The benefits are inconsistent throughout the company. Everything is written with a caveat and interpretations vary even with Human Resources. The company policy is unlimited leave with managers discretion but individual teams put a cap on the amount of time you take which varies within departments. The same can be said about the policy about working from home.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate the current structure and make management training a priority. Address the policy inconsistencies throughout the company to establish uniformity.

Dec 5, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you've had this experience. We have realized the gaps in our training of current managers and those moving into the roles. While we disagree that there... More

10. "comScore"

Pros

Very flexible working time and people are nice.

Cons

The career path is not clear