comScore Vice President Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
comScore CEO Gian Fulgoni
Gian Fulgoni

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Open culture and good work life balance (in 29 reviews)

• This is highly discouraging when acclimating to an already very stressful work-environment (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance depends on your team and your vertical (in 15 reviews)

• Long hours, became a bit bureaucratic (which was not always the case) (in 14 reviews)

1. "Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Seattle, WA

I have been working at comScore full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work life balance; understanding, smart, and helpful colleagues; exciting industry; renewed focus at CEO level; have the appropriate mentality and data assets for success

Cons

dealing with the administrative support teams can occasionally be a nightmare; at times keeping non-performing employees too long; no putting necessary TLC on some product offerings

Advice to Management

evaluate the product offerings and put necessary TLC on products we want to keep and grow. ensure proper staffing level to support quality delivery

comScore Response

Dec 2, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for posting a review! We agree with the renewed focus from the top down, and we're excited about 2017's possibilities. We're also driving much of the focus toward the Product arena, so we... More

"sales"

Former Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I worked at comScore full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

one of the few companies in the tech space who don't have gender bias! Men and women both are in exec roles and that is a wonderful thing to see in our industry.

Cons

incredible apathy among workers in all divisions. This stems from management teams who don't provide credit or shout outs for members of their teams. The general rule of thumb in management is to protect yourself and never "go out on a limb" to advocate for a member of their team. Lots of folks who have been there forever, or those that have quit multiple times and come back as a fall back option. Yeah, it might be easy to do so if you have a baby or want to work part time, etc, but there are important reasons why you quit in the first place.HR and sales operations teams are absolutely horrible and unrealistic. The turnover is so huge, that as a research company, you should do a bit of research on why so many ppl leave. Is it the culture? Their managers? HR group that instills fear? Absolutely poor pay and constant "mistakes" regarding commissions due? All of the above. Note that the good reviews are only coming from interns, or those who are just starting out (22-25 yr olds.) That should tell you something.

Advice to Management

Wake up and dig into why ppl are so apathetic and disgruntled. It's very hard to get a true answer from those who leave, but conducting exit interviews for everyone might help! And perhaps you should add in someone who is not HR to attend. I believe that those who leave will really answer truthfully if you are sincere in wanting to know what problems cause them to quit.

comScore Response

Jan 4, 2016 – Recruiting

Thanks for sharing your review with us. We're sorry to hear that you felt it was not the best experience for you. We do have a balanced amount of reviews from employees who are senior as well as... More

3. "Focal point of innovation in the industry"

Current Employee - Vice President in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Vice President in Reston, VA

I have been working at comScore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sharp, creative people with tremendous drive to creating new solutions. A playground for trailblazers. Solid meritocracy where high performers are recognized and rewarded.

Cons

Pressure of being first to market can create fire drills. Disconnect in communication between senior leadership and staff make it difficult for some to see their contribution to the bigger picture.

Advice to Management

Better communicate corporate vision to general staff

4. "Great place for analytical-oriented people"

Former Employee - Vice President Marketing Solutions in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Vice President Marketing Solutions in Chicago, IL

Pros

mid-sized, growing company with great brand in cool market space - get to see everything that's going on in the Internet, mobile, video, etc. CEO (Magid) and Chairman (Gian) are top-flight people and managers - great leaders.

Cons

Pockets of 'cliques' exist and some unnecessary politics, although overall good people. I worked in the Chicago office, where the layout is "honeycombed" (bunch of offices). I prefer a more open layout that encourages employee interaction more (more typical in tech).

Advice to Management

break down the walls in the Chicago office (or move). upon exit of employees, ask if they think that politics in comScore was 'greater than normal'