coolblueweb Reviews | Glassdoor

coolblueweb CEO Jonathan Martin
Jonathan Martin
  1. Fun and Fast-Paced with Opportunity for Growth

I have been working at coolblueweb

Pros

The developers operate well as a team and make sure to support each other and share their knowledge through official meetings dedicated to learning, as well as informal collaborative sessions. The company is growing quickly and has a list of exciting clients. Company culture is laid back, but the work is fast-paced and always exciting. Personally, working here has been an excellent opportunity for me to develop my...

Cons

Internal projects can sometimes get overlooked, due to the high amount of client requests. But, processes are getting smoother every day!

2. worked hard, loved the boss but didnt see a way foreward

Former Employee - Web Developer in Seattle, WA

I worked at coolblueweb full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

was ecouraged and helped level up my dev skills

Cons

I didn't like working with magento

Great, Growing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at coolblueweb full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

This is a small company working to be the best in their industry while retaining a sense of community. Every employee is given ample opportunity to grow. Hard working staff who like to have a good time.

Cons

Normal growing pains but management is constantly working on solutions while asking for feedback from employees.

Advice to Management

Streamline certain processes, be careful of growing too fast but also continue to take risks.

Love This Company

I have been working at coolblueweb

Pros

This company is growing and changing in the best ways. I've been here for 5 years and have seen the business evolve from a small promo-product/seo business to a full-on web dev machine! The community of developers here have each other's back and are focused on making the web a better place. Best of all, it is evident that those who work here love what they do and love doing what they do at coolblue.

Cons

Not very many cons. Some internal processes are still in development, but the level of employee influence allows the company to adapt to the ever-changing industry that is web development.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on building a culture conducive to quality web development and the business will continue on rolling in.

5. Excellent Job, Excellent Culture

Current Employee - Web Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at coolblueweb full-time

Pros

GREAT PROJECTS, Never a dull moment. The company has a great maintenance program as well as multiple projects to work on which is great for taking on new skills & honing the existing. while earning a competitive wage. EXCELLENT CULTURE. great people who love what they do and are always helpful. Its like a family. Pool table and ping pong are available for employees. GREAT LEADERSHIP: This trickles down from the CEO...

Cons

I cant beat anybody at ping pong, they are too damn good!

Advice to Management

Keep on Keeping on

6. These guys love what they do.

I have been working at coolblueweb full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

coolblueweb has a casual but focus culture. Co-workers build relationships that step outside of the office. They even have a pool table for a relaxing step away from a problem. They love and are experts for the ecommerce platform, Magento. Becoming a Magento Certified Developer is highly encouraged.

Cons

Since they are a small company the mentor-ship track is still developing. Employees are encouraged to learn through self-study rather than direct teaching. They are located in Pioneer Square, Seattle. This can be challenging during sporting events as traffic and parking is out of control.

Found 6 reviews