cyberCSI Reviews | Glassdoor

cyberCSI Reviews

Full-timePart-time

David W. Sanders

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company for someone looking for a friendly and encouraging workplace."

I worked at cyberCSI full-time

Pros

As I worked closely with the CEO and upper management, I was given encouragement and I felt like they really believed in me. I grew immensely in my position. I believe my growth was a direct result of the character building I was provided from my trainings within the company, as well as the influence from the management team.
    If you have the opportunity to join this company be ready to be part of an environment that is structured to help you be successful within the company and in life.

Cons

Even though there may not be a lot of room for lateral growth you will grow both as an employee and as a person.

"Never coming back"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at cyberCSI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work inside the Genentech campus and enjoy the amenities.

Cons

Worked in the hardware repair department. High turnover, underpaid, and overworked.

Advice to Management

Don't micromanage.

3. "Great place to work !"

Pros

Great cultural environment, CEO cares about his people (especially if you put the hard work in), good work-life balance.

Cons

None. Really enjoyed working there. Had to leave due to family reasons.

Advice to Management

Keep expanding and growing the business.

4. "Very Supportive Organization and Place to work"

Pros

I often times find it very peculiar when people spend so much time and energy in finding fault in others when dissatisfied about there own lack of achievement or current state in life, as opposed to taking a good hard look in the mirror and working to make positive change in themselves. Perhaps this energy is better served by investing in their own improvements as opposed to blaming others.

I have had the honor and privilege of working for cyberCSI for a number of years now and am proud to say that the organization has always promoted growth, opportunity and encouraged the development in my personal and professional life. They have always supported me when faced with challenges on a personal and professional level and offered the right guidance and direction to help me overcome them. I have had on a number of occasions, the opportunity to work closely with the CEO of the organization on a number of projects, business objectives and developmental goals; and have been received with a great deal of respect and appreciation for everything I do.

This has been a great experience and feel I am all the better for it and have enjoyed the opportunity to work for a great company. It took me quite a while, bouncing from company to company in the search of a good organization; to have finally found the one I enjoy going to work for and an place I could finally call home.

Cons

None to disclose at this time and am very appreciative of having the opportunity to work for a great organization.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

5. "Good place to work for beginning and intermediate IT profession"

Pros

Positive work environment, management cares and listens to its employees.

Cons

only so many positions for career growth

"Audio Visual Support Technician"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at cyberCSI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Contract position to support a good company.

Cons

Low pay rate and no benefits

Advice to Management

Increase wages to attract long term employees

7. "Oceanside tech"

Former Employee - Desktop Tech in Oceanside, CA
    Former Employee - Desktop Tech in Oceanside, CA

Pros

Great on-site manager in Martin, great tech team from the blue badge side, lots of chances to gain knowledge and certs.

Cons

Former manager for Oceanside would be it.

Advice to Management

Martin is easily the reason why Oceanside runs as well as it does. He knows everyone on a personal level, knows what they have, need, and require, and makes sure it's all done while being courteous and professional. He made sure I was brought up to speed and had everything I needed when I started and if I ever had an issue he made sure it was handled to the point where all parties were satisfied. Martin is a very key role to why Oceanside works as well as it does.

Having the old manager come back was a big blessing and you could feel the tension immediately leave when he took back over. I was sad to leave before getting a chance to work for him for a longer time frame but he was great in the time I did work for him.

As a cyber CSI tech working t Genentech you are a green badge and will remain a green badge. There is no hiding that or lies to it. But, the equipment you use is top notch, the technology is top notch, and everyone is there to help you whether on site or by email you will be helped. Now that opus is up and running the right way it was getting easier and easier to track things. It was nice to see that happen.

If I had any issue (and its a reach) I would have wanted to get paid more for what I was doing. But I think that had more to do with the previous manager and not the company as a whole.

"Good for entry level"

Current Employee - Software/Hardware Deployment in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software/Hardware Deployment in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at cyberCSI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Knowledgeable Management and supervisors; open door policy; Friendly environment; Good starting point if wanting to get into the I.T. field. Willingness to assist with learning more in regards to I.T. and will reimburse for A+ exam once passed. Good for college students still living at home with parents.

Cons

Very underpaid for position; Salary does not cover C.O.L.E. in area unless you are willing to commute from across the bay. Not much room for advancement; Benefit package too expensive.

"Used to be good, not any more"

Pros

Genentech is a great place to work.

Cons

Benefits are lacking, management is unprofessional and don't value their employees time. There is no career growth and no opportunities to transition to become a Genentech employee. Pay is below average. Management stresses a bad work/life balance and criticize you if life gets in the way.

"Hahahahahahahaha"

Current Employee - IT Tech in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - IT Tech in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at cyberCSI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job and management is so lazy , stupid and entrenched they have no idea you are working another job on their dime. You get exposed to the Genentech/Roche lifestyle.I am going to get to quit real soon and it will be sudden and leave them in a lurch, so I am super happy about that.

Cons

Holy Cow where do I even begin? Let's See you won't make a livable income I guarantee it and if you have a family you will have to go on the health exchange for affordable benefits. You won't get a decent raise EVER and you will be promised bonuses that never ever ever ever happen. You'll think about advancement, but your only hope for that is to leave.There is no DOUBT in my mind they will lose the Roche contract soon and then they will have to layoff 75% of their workforce

Advice to Management

To the CEO it take me long to realize you absolutely care about no one, but yourself and a few key people you have in the company. I truly hope someday you are humbled in the worst way possible