What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Benefits and discount are good." (in 46 reviews)
- "Great people to work and enjoyed working with customers." (in 42 reviews)
- "Work life balance was good" (in 38 reviews)
- "Gaining experience in customer service, learning about body shapes and flattering clothing options, great coworkers" (in 25 reviews)
- "Great team and company to work for." (in 19 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of dressbarn and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 889 of over 904 reviews
Updated Aug 8, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Apr 27, 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMercedes, TX
good work life,. self-confidence builder. Women empowerment vibe always
could use more opportunities for advancement
- 1.0Jun 14, 2023Assistant ManagerFormer EmployeeJackson, MS
Health Benefits, employee discounts, and layaway before the company took it away.
Short breaks, toxic working environment, complete change in merchandise trying to target a younger generation & abandoning the customer base that made the company successful.
- 5.0Apr 16, 2023Store ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
I loved the company and my staff. The pay and benefits were great!
One thing I didn’t enjoy was the retail hours.
- 3.0Apr 25, 2023Sales RepresentativeFormer EmployeeMcDonough, GA
Clothes are really nice there
Overall company was a good place. My Store Manager was awful, she was rude to customers and staff. Showed to employees who were closer to her age in terms of hours, promotion and respect.
- 3.0May 23, 2023Assistant ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearKennesaw, GA
Nice employees to work with
Upper management doesn't listen to needs of lower management
dressbarn Reviews FAQs
dressbarn has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 904 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at dressbarn to a friend and 21% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
65% of dressbarn employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated dressbarn 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.