drillinginfo Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
drillinginfo CEO and President Jeff Hughes
Jeff Hughes

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great company culture and solid data as the core of the business" (in 6 reviews)

• "Great work/life balance, relaxed atmosphere, ability to work with a multitude of technologies, never a dull moment" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Company and upper management lacked communication and direction after many acquisitions" (in 5 reviews)

• "Lack of diversity: Most minorities are located in Data Ingestion, in entry-level work" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Management"

I have been working at drillinginfo full-time

Pros

Passion around customers
    Engaged Employees
    Work hard, play hard mentality
    Fun work environment
    Sincere leadership

Cons

No major cons to list.

2. "DI Culture is Unique"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at drillinginfo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management
    Culture
    People
    Industry Position

Cons

Constant Org. Changes within Sales Org.

Jun 29, 2018 – VP Marketing

We're glad you recognize the unique culture of Drillinginfo and that you are finding the management, people and industry position to be positive influences for you. We truly value feedback and strive... More

"my review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at drillinginfo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

flexible schedule, relaxed dress code, nice view of nature

Cons

in the beginning it was great. They truly cared about the employees and making sure that the product they sent to the clients was perfect. Then things changed. All they cared about was getting the product out whether it was fully functional or not. They cared only about speed and how much could be done and no longer cared about accuracy. They no longer truly cared about employees (oh they provided the appropriate lip service they did...but in reality...no they did not) they laid off several people so they could transfer our jobs oversees so they could pay less and not offer benefits. This became a very toxic place to work because of everyone's unhappiness and fear of losing their job to India.

Advice to Management

none...they won't listen anyway...my advice to you...RUN AWAY DO NOT WORK HERE.

Jun 29, 2018 – VP Marketing

Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to read that your experience at Drillininfo was not as positive as it could have been. Our management team is always open to listening to employee feedback... More

4. "Austin"

I have been working at drillinginfo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people and good view of downtown . That’s all

Cons

Management, dying product category, and good ol’ boys club.

Advice to Management

Quit

May 16, 2018 – CEO

I was disappointed to read this review, mainly since it doesn’t provide actionable feedback. We encourage constructive feedback as a means to help us achieve a workplace of highly engaged employees... More

5. "Great Work Place"

Former Employee - IT Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - IT Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at drillinginfo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Worked in the IT department. Had a lot of room to grow and learn many things. IT team was very encouraging and had upper management's support.

Cons

Nothing bad to say that you won't find anywhere else. But overall better then most places.

Mar 23, 2018 – VP Marketing

Thanks for the review and for taking the time to share your perspective. We are glad to hear that your Drillinginfo experience was an opportunity to learn and grow.

6. "Great people, interesting politics"

I have been working at drillinginfo full-time

Pros

The most helpful, friendly employees. We have a lot of fun, we work hard and we rally behind a goal.

Cons

Constant changing priorities or new pet projects from the executives. Too many times we've been asked to do something as a rubber stamp or check box, but it isn't useful to our organization. In general there is a ton of opportunity and very little hierarchy, in certain departments though there is a bit more politics based on the leadership style and managers who only want to hear yes and want to only cheerlead to upper management.

Advice to Management

Focus more on being a meritocracy and ensure that politics stay at a minimum.

Jan 16, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the great feedback and it sounds like you are very engaged. We had an incredible 2017, and much of that was due to “rallying behind goals.” I’m happy to hear that is recognized. As we... More

7. "One of the best companies I've worked for"

Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Austin, TX

I have been working at drillinginfo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very smart, innovative, and caring group of individuals.

DI is a place that I can truly say, the sky is the limit. It's a company that if you're self-motivated and passionate about what you do, the opportunities to thrive are limitless. You're also given the freedom to bring about new ideas, enact change and truly be innovative in your field of work.

Drilling Info also has a great company culture and they really take care of their employees; and I'm not just saying that. I would like to share my personal experience on how DI impacted me and my family. When Hurricane Maria hit the island of PR, the hurricane caused catastrophic damage across the entire island, which left my family in a uninhabitable situation. Without hesitating, my wife and I offered to bring my family to come live with us until their situation improved. During these difficult times, dozens of Drilling Info employees would consistently ask how my family was doing and how our situation was progressing, which truly made me feel like they really cared. Lo and behold, DI info ended up donating hurricane relief funds raised by the entire company to help my family re-build and get back on their feet! How amazing is that?! They also assisted many other families affected by Hurricane Harvey as well. Acts of kindness such as these are the norm culture here at DI, and that’s one of the many reasons as to why I love working for this company. It’s truly an amazing place to work.

Cons

This is a very challenging, stimulating, and fast paced environment; be ready for a challenge!

Advice to Management

Keep up great work!

"Management"

I worked at drillinginfo full-time

Pros

Allen Gilmer loves his company and is very creative. If you can get his ear (in the right moment), he will not only listen to great ideas but put them into action.

Cons

After Ed P was brought in to get company ready to sell, the company changed immensely. One by one, he eliminated all of the “old timers” who not only the ones who made the company great but also continued to make it successful.

Advice to Management

Give management team members the necessary training to make them leaders and the leeway to lead the team to success.

9. "Great Company with a Solid Future"

Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at drillinginfo full-time

Pros

This company marries two fascinating industries: oil & gas and technology / software.

DI does business with all types of companies so it's never dull: E&Ps, land, law, service, private equity, hedge funds, banks, etc.

The business is made up of really nice, intelligent people who want to help one another and customers.

Solid culture that like to work hard and play hard.

Young company with fresh ideas.

Disruptive.

Excellent product develop: it churns out lots of products quickly and that are relevant and even unique to other solutions in the marketplace.

Cons

Not a con but a word of advice to those looking at the business, if you're not ready to run and think fast, don't join. This company moves at a fast clip.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on data quality and product development. All other good things in a business (sales, revenue, and growth) follow a strong, differentiated product!

"Sales"

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at drillinginfo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unlimited resources to support the employee base

Cons

Start-Up mentality, unconventional Sales Org practices, volatile environment, 3 comp plan within 12 months.