dunnhumby Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 446 reviews

3.4
dunnhumby CEO Guillaume Bacuvier
Guillaume Bacuvier
Pros
  • "Leading data science company that focuses on customer loyalty and allows the employees to have a good work life balance(in 128 reviews)

• "Great culture that I identify with(in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • "No appreciation of work from senior management(in 19 reviews)

• "Middle management are stuck in old ways of working, most having only ever worked at dunnhumby(in 16 reviews)

"Best company in Cincinnati"

Current Employee - Data Engineer

I have been working at dunnhumby full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Cutting edge technology Work life balance Excellent benefits Best people

Cons

There is uncertainty of how long the company will survive in US

dunnhumby2018-12-06

February 4, 2019Digital Communications and Marketing

Thank you for your 5-star review and highlighting many of the amazing benefits and opportunities available at dunnhumby. In the US and around the world, we are quickly growing with an exciting future. We hope you continue to have a great experience with us!

"Data science consulting"

Current Employee - Analysis Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at dunnhumby full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Culture and great team spirit, opportunity to learn new things

Cons

Complex structure leads to duplication of effort

Advice to Management

Clear RACI to increase efficiencies

dunnhumby2019-04-26

"Lack of vision and leadership"

I worked at dunnhumby full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Work Life Balance Benefits Opportunity to work with big brands

Cons

Poor Leadership No clarity on vision Nepotism

dunnhumby2019-01-30

February 4, 2019HR Manager

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review and highlighting some of the great things you enjoyed most about working at dunnhumby. I’m sorry to hear some of your views as this is not how we’d want anyone feeling about working here. I see you’ve left but please do get in touch ...

4. "-"

I worked at dunnhumby full-time

Pros

Culture and values, work life balance

Cons

Ownership uncertainty, talent drain, shifting business models

dunnhumby2018-12-19

February 4, 2019HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our values and culture are all extremely important to us so its pleasing to hear positive feedback on these areas. Wishing you all the best with your career ahead.

5. "Great benefits, good culture"

I have been working at dunnhumby

Pros

Hardworking, professional coworkers, great on-site perks, fair pay, extremely flexible scheduling

Cons

Repetitive projects, getting IT help was always a challenge.

dunnhumby2018-08-28

September 4, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Our people and culture are extremely important to us so its pleasing to hear positive feedback on these areas. We’re appreciative of the points that you have raised and will make sure they are shared appropriately. We hope you continue ...

6. "Capability Director"

I have been working at dunnhumby full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Visionary and Strong Exec Leadership Team. A strong mission & vision statement with everything centered around being customer first as the right way to do things. Head-start on our competition as our market offerings (Strong Consulting + Software) are where our competition is trying to get to. Great people and culture that are working towards the same goal. Good comp packages and pay.

Cons

Mid-size company working through a big growth spurt so there are periods of uncertainty or ambiguity around ownership/responsibilities. Not as free wheeling as a start up but does not have the process and rigor of the giants.

Advice to Management

A strong and stable management team is finally in place after being adrift- please let them stick to the growth vision for 2-3 years before chasing a new direction.

dunnhumby2018-08-06

August 8, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for sharing a fantastic review of your time here so far, it's great to hear your positivity and enthusiasm. We agree with your pros about our people, culture and customer first ethos! We hope you continue to have a great experience with us at dunnhumby.

"UK run company"

I worked at dunnhumby full-time

Pros

Good people in a space that still has strong market potential

Cons

dunnhumby was late to launch independently in the U.S. (away from Kroger), and the market is very crowded in this space. Kroger kept 90%+ of the employees they wanted, so the dunnhumby team was a shell of what they once were. Most of the ones left in the U.S. are now gone, on to other consulting companies, so there are not many people left who have ever actually done the work that they are selling. Smart, good people,...

Advice to Management

Hire people who understand retail and have the experience to deliver the work being sold.

dunnhumby2018-07-20

August 1, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for your review. It's kind of you to share your feedback from your time here, and we are appreciative of the points you have raised. In the US and around the world, we are quickly growing with an exciting future. Wishing you all the best with your career ahead.

"Great Benefits, Questionable Direction"

I have been working at dunnhumby full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Awesome benefits (25 days vacation per year, good salary). Ability to move internationally. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Coworkers vary in their level of initiative and work ethic. The UK office suffers from a certain amount of "settled-in", so if you're trying to drive the business forward, you might end up running into a wall of complacency. As a big company, the red tape and bureaucracy is behind infuriating when you're trying to do something simple.

Advice to Management

Make it easier for individuals to make improvements. Cut the bottom 10% of the workforce.

dunnhumby2018-06-14

June 19, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for sharing your review and for highlighting some of the great benefits dunnhumby offers its people. We appreciate all your comments, both positive and constructive and we'll make sure that they are shared appropriately.

9. "Great customer science company"

Current Employee - Retail Marketing Manager

I have been working at dunnhumby full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Innovation Customer science (nobody does it better) Full service (4P's) International presence Huge potential

Cons

Low salary Low perks Hierarchy Business model tends to change a lot Difficult clients

Advice to Management

Managers should focus on what to bring to their main client and be firm in terms of recognizing the company's strengths and weaknesses.

dunnhumby2018-03-02
  10. "Great Place to Work At"

I worked at dunnhumby full-time

Pros

Great work environment. Friendly people. Good work life balance. Decent Pay. Good quality work in some teams.

Cons

Work is mostly standardized. So less opportunity to innovate and create new solutions in some teams.

dunnhumby2018-02-14