e-Builder Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ron Antevy

Pros
  • The office space is modern and caters to working hard / playing harder - game room equipped with music, pool and ping pong tables, darts etc (in 7 reviews)

• The Management team works hard to create career paths for the employees (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The growing pains of the rapid growth such as space and what not as we continue to grow, we are also outgrowing the office space (in 6 reviews)

• Very little work-life balance in certain roles (in 3 reviews)

"Director Demand Generation"

I have been working at e-Builder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the 3 months I have been here, I have experienced nothing but a great culture that genuinely believes in people first. Leadership is VERY involved in each person's development and onboarding, but in a very positive way. People are positive, respectful and supportive. I love working here and highly recommend this company to anyone looking to grow, learn, and join the fast and fun growth track the company is on.

Cons

Small teams make for a very fast-paced environment with a good amount of work. I don't believe this is con because with this comes autonomy and the support of leadership when mistakes are made. Fast-paced output isn't for everyone, but I personally choose this to endless months of meetings that go nowhere.

2. "Company Caters More to Business Than Technolgy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plantation, FL

I worked at e-Builder full-time

Pros

Office decor is very eclectic and modern.Game room provided that includes pool, ping pong, video games, etc.

Cons

Not a very team oriented environment. Projects plans are created by upper management who are not very technical. The developers and testers who actually do the work are not involved in the planning process. Very unrealistic deadlines are set for project completion. If you work more hours than the allotted time designated you are scolded. They seem to only care about generating revenue as fast as possible rather than delivering a quality product. They try to brainwash you into doing things their way and do not consider their employees might be able to provide better ideas for improving the existing processes. I felt like I joined the military working there.

Advice to Management

Allow the employees to be more involved in the planning and design of projects providing them the opportunity to give better estimates on completion.

e-Builder Response

Apr 21, 2017

We value feedback from current and former employees, so thank you for your candor. e-Builder is in tremendous growth mode and with that comes a fast pace and nimble environment. I'm sorry you felt ... More

3. "Very Positive Team Setting"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at e-Builder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the positivity. Love that I can just walk into the CEO's office and chat with him. Love the game room. Love the social activities. Love that managers help you manager your career and personal goals.

Cons

Sick days can not be part of the PTO Days. Would like

"Don't believe the positive reviews, they were planted."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at e-Builder full-time

Pros

The CEO is a nice guy, which makes writing this negative review all the more difficult.

Cons

The CEO is a nice guy...but very shortsighted, and will eventually take down the entire company as a result. The problem is that it is impossible to innovate at the company because the people running development are lazy, firmly entrenched, and resistant to change.

There's a reason that competing construction software companies like Procore are growing rapidly while e-builder struggles with even minor updates to its aging and outdated codebase (just for laughs, compare the e-builder and Procore web sites) The aforementioned management hubris, coupled with unwillingness to pay competitive salaries to attract top engineering talent pretty much guarantees that e-builder will inevitably vanish.

My review title cautions against believing the positive reviews, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out they were planted - but if you don't believe me, it's simple to track down former e-builder employees via LinkedIn and get some e-mail addresses. Contact them directly and ask them if my opinion is accurate and fair,

Advice to Management

Start thinking long and hard about the future of the company and consider paying for engineering quality over quantity.

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Implementation Project Manager in Plantation, FL

Pros

Great Management team with transparent communication so all employees are well informed on Strategic and Tactical goals. Competitive salaries that are well matched to the national salaries and above average for south Florida, given your level of experience.
    Clear direction on what is expected of each employee. Metric driven company that has clear goals for future growth and they have been consistently meeting those goals. Great support and teamwork from your peers. Recognized as an award winning and leading company in South Florida and as a Unicorn in the Industry that has been written up in Forbes magazine as an example of strong leadership and well run company.

Cons

Actually few to think. No real cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the current strategy, if it isn't broke don't fix it.

7. "Opportunities and workplace"

I have been working at e-Builder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

E-Builder is the leader of SaaS based construction program management software. The leadership team is genuine and the workplace culture transparent. There are no hidden agendas and smart (hard) work commensurates career progression. Fast paced environment makes every day fly by, but the people make it fun and enjoyable. The office space is modern and caters to working hard / playing harder - game room equipped with music, pool and ping pong tables, darts etc. There is also a quiet zen room for rest and relaxation. Company sponsored events take place every quarter such as bowling competitions or even weeks of onsite massage therapists in the zen room. Company objectives are clearly communicated in monthly all hand meetings and managers cascade goals to departmental initiatives. Personally, I've worked at large corporations and small start-up companies but e-Builder is by far the most rewarding and appreciative of direct contribution. I couldn't be more blessed to be part of the team and know that my hard work is directly impacting society for the greater good.

Cons

We cannot hire fast enough which is a good problem to have.

Advice to Management

N/a

"Growing Fast"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at e-Builder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

e-Builder is growing fast and has a bright future! There is no question that it is making the right moves at the right time. If you have ever worked for a fast growing company you know that growth requires change, and there has been a lot of change over the past year in order to position the company for future growth. The change has been the right change. If you have the consultant mentality and are client focused you will do well at this company. The CEO and Founder are passionate about the company and the people.

Cons

If you are used to a job where you are sitting in your cube all the time and only work at the office - this won't be the place for you. There is ample travel to set up the software with clients, and you manage several clients at once. If faced paced travel, analytical thinking, and customer service are your thing - this IS the place for you.

Change continues at the company. New systems have been put into place to manage growth. There have been management changes. 2016 should have things stabilize, and new people and processes will settle in and provide needed scale-ability.

"One year in and I still love my job"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Plantation, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Plantation, FL

I have been working at e-Builder full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the fastest growing technology companies in South Florida. Continued growth in the sector. Excellent 'value add' to the industry.

Great people. Great company culture. Quarterly events, Dept initiatives, and team building activities keep the morale and enthusiasm at a high level.

Great management team. Executive ownership is always accessible and have a real 'open door' policy. Good professional development. Great mentors.

Cons

The fast growth over the past few years has made some senior employees uncomfortable. Some employees have resisted necessary changes in corporate procedures.

Advice to Management

clearly articulated advancement opportunities

"A Sweat Shop in a Fancy Office Space"

Former Employee - Full Time Employee in Plantation, FL
    Former Employee - Full Time Employee in Plantation, FL

I worked at e-Builder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office itself is beautifully modern and upscale, complete with a "zen" room and employee "game" room. CEO tries to be as involved as possible and seems to care about the company overall. The benefits are pretty standard. About 1/4 of the company staff is friendly and helpful. The location of the company is good.

Cons

Unfortunately, this company is all "smoke and mirrors". The "zen" room is normally a place employees go to cry or make desperate phone calls to find another job...or both. Only the "favorite" employees have time or opportunity to actually use the game room. The "favorite" employees are selfish, closed off, and completely unwilling to be team players. The company gives fancy titles to hourly positions in order to make them sound good, but they aren't willing to provide proper salaries. They abuse and misuse a "Chinese overtime" system, so if you work over 40 hours (which is common and expected), don't expect time and a half compensation. Unless you're one of the "favorites" of management, don't count on any type of support or understanding. This company is perfect for you if you want to be over-worked and under-paid.

Advice to Management

This isn't high school...stop playing favorites to a select few. Stop telling employees there's room for advancement when you really mean that YOU will choose the role they advance to in order to fit your own needs. Stop cutting corners with so-called "Chinese overtime" and offering pathetic salaries to hourly employees. Try listening...it's a wonderful concept...and then try actually helping ALL employees succeed.

"Great place to thrive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at e-Builder full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is really what you make of it. There is opportunity to excel and grow. I have had the opportunity to work in various departments, received raises every year, and been promoted. The owners of this company listen. They care. They have an open door policy.

Cons

You can put yourself in a position to over work but truly you have to decide on a work load balance that works. I have found my stride but some have not. I think e-Builder could use more people managers to help get their staff on track for success and advancement.

Advice to Management

Don't work in a vacuum. Bond with your staff. Do their work. Some managers come in from the outside and expect credibility but haven't once done the job their team is doing day in and day out. Criticism is only as good as how credible a person is. A perfect manager (and there are some at e-Builder) is one that truly supports the team. Goes to bat for them when they can't and constantly lets the team lead and they follow. It's a certain management philosophy that I would love to see all managers follow here. I suggest the internal management trainings focus on how to truly be a leader, which means to get out of the way and pick them up when they fall.