e-MDs Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Derek Pickell

Pros
  • Flexibility and work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Great people and good environment to grow and learn (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • It's interesting how you have let go of so many employees (oh excuse me, you have not laid off ppl, it was a reorg (in 3 reviews)

• Outdated, low pay, non professional (in 3 reviews)

1. "Senior Client Services"

I have been working at e-MDs full-time

Pros

Growing company acquired my business unit from McKesson and they have spent 10 months putting every resource into making the business their own. They have grand ideas for growth and are willing to be flexible with our new division - Richmond eMDs. I hope it continues to grow!

Cons

This smaller company is growing so quickly I see them struggling with instilling Best Practices adn new processes. They remain too manual and with a Village mentality, so I would like to see Big Picture more than we can "continue to do it this way".

Advice to Management

The Exectuive Mgt seems solid, but I don't see their vision making it to the Front Line employee. You had bad Service ratings prior to the new CEO, so the emphasis on Service and Support is vital. Have you taken on too much with the McKesson acquisiion?

"review"

Former Employee - Beta Site Coordinator in Cedar Park, TX
    Former Employee - Beta Site Coordinator in Cedar Park, TX

I worked at e-MDs (More than a year)

Pros

GREAT People in the trenches. The employees are eager to learn, and can change direction in a heartbeat. They take challenges head on.

Cons

Some key management roles are occupied by petty people. They hire and fire based on WHO you know, not what you know.

Advice to Management

Use cross checking with management. Have managers rated anonymously by all staff. See if the truth ever comes to light...

Jan 12, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As with most organizations, separation and hiring decisions are not made lightly and require much review and consideration.

"Low Pay- No raises and low morale"

I worked at e-MDs full-time

Pros

Good company to gain experience in medical software industry.
    Great product

Cons

Terrible management (the worst I've ever seen) and from what I've heard that hasn't changed
    Worked there for several years and was offered a raise when I got another job offer paying significantly more
    In general, management doesn't really care about employees, only the bottom line.

Advice to Management

Start over with new management

Aug 19, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry you were not pleased with your experience with e-MDs. Not sure how long ago you worked here, so hopefully the information I ... More

"Great Company and Great People!!!"

Pros

I have been with this company for several years and watch it grow and change significantly over my tenure. I appreciate the fact that I am surrounded by people that are passionate about their work and helping our clients. We have experienced tremendous growth recently and the company still encompasses that family atmosphere it did many years ago. I am excited about being a part the bright future.

Cons

Rapid growth has caused multiple simultaneous initiatives which could be looked at as a negative, but I like a challenge.

Jun 22, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are excited about the future too. We appreciate the feedback!

6. "Lots of Positive Changes"

Current Employee - Confidendial in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Confidendial in Austin, TX

I have been working at e-MDs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing company, strong industry experience, people are friendly and welcoming, multiple office locations, global organization, able to positively impact patient care.

Cons

Growing organization, so lots of changes, which can cause uneasiness. If you want to work here, you must be willing to embrace change.

Advice to Management

We are on the right path. We are liking the changes and while it can create uneasiness, the changes are good and necessary.

Jun 22, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for the review! We appreciate the feedback!

"Great Product! Hard to work for."

I worked at e-MDs full-time

Pros

The original product is very easy to use. They have had a few issues with reliability, but it is still the best product on the market.

Cons

Management is very hard to work for. They have been slow to make changes to the product that are needed to remain competitive.

Jun 22, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our industry is heavily regulated and as such many of the software changes that are made are required to keep us competitive. We appreciate the ... More

8. "Software support represntative"

Pros

Competitive pay, often allow you to work overtime, able to earn a yearly bonus and opportunities to advance in the company.

Cons

Pay checks are twice a month (approx 15th and 30/31), overtime hours are staggered which creates confusion and somewhat unpredictable paychecks.

Jun 22, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback!

"IT Technician"

Former Employee - IT Support in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - IT Support in Austin, TX

I worked at e-MDs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have very friendly staff and are welcoming from the get go. They also offered an okay benefits plan. It seems to be a very big adjustment period for them so hinge changing all the time is normal.

Cons

In the little time that I was at e-mds I found it to be disjointed and not very employee friendly. I would not recommend applying here unless you are looking to be part of chaos.

Advice to Management

Get new management

Apr 26, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for writing a review! This is an exciting time and we are going through quite a bit of change. We were acquired by Marlin Equity in March 2015, we merged with MDeverywhere during 2015 and ... More

10. "Growing and changing"

Pros

Opportunity to grow with company exists. Most everyone is very nice and pleasant to work with. Future of company is exciting.

Cons

Some jobs pay little and need to be paid much more. Uncertainties with some management. Growing brings its own anxieties.

Mar 9, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We feel that this is an exciting time as well. The press release for the intent of the new acquisition came out today. We anticipate lots of ... More

11. "great job"

Former Employee - Research in Attalla, AL
    Former Employee - Research in Attalla, AL

I worked at e-MDs (More than 5 years)

Pros

Monthly bonuses, great management, team work

Cons

I don't have any complaints

Advice to Management

Keep up the employment recognition!

Jan 28, 2016 – HR Director

Thank you for writing a review. Providing ongoing recognition, challenging projects/assignments and the ability to do what it is that we do best every day are all part of our corporate culture and ... More