eBay Reviews

4.0
eBay CEO Jamie Iannone
Jamie Iannone

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of eBay and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good

Apr 24, 2021 - Ebay Lister in Kennesaw, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company self employed selling whatever

Cons

There are no cons to list

eBay Response

We appreciate your feedback! We're happy to see that you enjoyed your time with eBay. If you have more to share, email glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great opportunity to grow

Mar 15, 2021 - Merchant Support Specialist in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of room for advancement. Fun, upbeat work environment.

Cons

I've had good and bad managers. Some made me love my job, others made me want to quit everyday. It really depends who your direct leadership is. They allow very little room for sick days and a single mother with kids will never have enough and will be constantly worrying about getting fired for situations beyond their control.

eBay Response

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. We strive to provide our employees with meaningful career advancement opportunities through webinars, trainings and even self-service options where you can learn at your own pace. Sorry to hear about your frustrations with being able to take sick days - if you have more thoughts on how we can improve that experience for others, we'd love to hear from you at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Review

Apr 21, 2021 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

great risk team while at ebay.

Cons

standard drawbacks of working in a large company. Hard to move things quickly.

eBay Response

We appreciate you letting us know about the time you spent at eBay. The people here at eBay are world class. If you have anything else to tell us, please send us an email at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee

Mismanaged and no clear priorities

May 9, 2021 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some people were lovely to work with.

Cons

Bro culture and a general lack of understanding about my function

1 person found this review helpful

eBay Response

We appreciate you taking some time to tell us about your experience at eBay. eBay does have great people. We are sorry to hear about how you felt about there being a lack of understanding surrounding what you did here. If you'd like to tell us more, please feel free to send us an email at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

eBay is great

Apr 23, 2021 - Regional Sales Manager in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

eBay great flexibility and compensation

Cons

career growth is very limited

eBay Response

Hello and thank you for your feedback! We try our best to provide fair and competitive compensation for our employees by using data to inform our compensation decisions and mitigate bias. Sorry to hear you feel the career growth is limited. If there's more you'd like to share, email glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Apr 21, 2021 - Ebay in Cupertino, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People. The work. The salary.

Cons

Large company, kind of lost the start up momentum.

eBay Response

Thank you very much for taking the time to drop a review! eBay always works to stay as competitive as they can with how they pay their employees, and we're glad you enjoyed that while you were with the company. If you have anything else you'd like to share, send us an email to glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work

Apr 22, 2021 - Head of Operations in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, good for the world

Cons

Ups and downs, company direction

eBay Response

Thank you for your feedback about eBay! eBay's culture is inviting and pretty awesome, in our opinion as well. If there's more you'd like to share about the company direction, let us know at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

great company

Apr 22, 2021 - Staff Softeware Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great benefits, pay, culture, work

Cons

i don't think of any.

eBay Response

Thank you very much for the kind words! eBay strives to be the best company to work for, and am glad to see you are experiencing that first hand. If you have anything you'd like to share with us, feel free to email us at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Career

Apr 20, 2021 - Client Services in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great training and support, remote work available, movement throughout company

Cons

Work can get repetitive at times

eBay Response

We appreciate the feedback! eBay strives to support their employees the best they can. Let us know if you have anything else you'd like to share. You can email us any time at glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Focused on Innovation

Oct 30, 2020 - Data Analyst in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

eBay and its employees encourage each individual to think of improvements and innovations on the product to make it a better experience for the customer. Regardless of what team you are on, from engineering to finance to audit, there is always someone willing to hear you out on an idea and if it has merit to it, directors are more than happy to listen and even push some of these ideas further up. This open mindset fosters imagination and ensures that people's voices will be heard. In tandem with the open mindset, the culture at eBay is very diverse and super friendly. They emphasize that work is a TEAM game not just an individual one, which makes it not only fun when you work with others but also more productive. Technology, applications and other software tools used at the company are always improving and for the most part utilize the latest resources available. This especially appeals to the younger population who come out of school learning with a skillset using particular tools or programming languages. Great company with initiatives to improve the platform in the future through the use of enhanced technological innovations.

Cons

Some processes (very few in my experience) leverage tools/programs that are a bit older, however a lot of these processes are being uplifted

eBay Response

Thanks so much for this extremely detailed and thoughtful review! eBay is all about teamwork, inclusivity and innovation, so we're happy to read about your positive experiences in these areas. If there's anything else that you'd like to share with us, please email glassdoorfeedback@ebay.com.

Viewing 31 - 40 of 3,363 Reviews