Cover image for eBay

Found 4,254 of over 5K reviews

4.2
eBay CEO Jamie Iannone
Jamie Iannone

What people are saying about eBay

Join the conversation on

Product Management

1y

works at

Uber Technologies Inc

I just got an offer for a PM role at eBay. I don’t have an Eng background and I’ve never had a PM title within tech, although my previous roles involved a lot of PM-type work. So effectively this would be me “breaking into” product management and finally having the title. I think this could open a lot of doors but I’m very hesitant about eBay. It’s obviously not a “hot” company right now and I’m not sure how respected it would be for getting other PM jobs in the future. Should I make the jump?

6 Comments

Tech

575.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=eBay~7853
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about eBay? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with eBay employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Some great people and some good out of office events(in 474 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and very international(in 408 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance for most people but honestly its cos no one is self motivated anymore.(in 403 reviews)
  • "1. Great culture and teammates(in 284 reviews)
  • "All good and it was a good pay(in 176 reviews)
Cons
  • "Ebay will probably go out of business due to poor management left to make despotic rules unchecked.(in 207 reviews)
  • "A bad manager can make or break your experience.(in 102 reviews)
  • "Mismanagement and poor leadership which make wrong decisions and fail to realize it until its past due..(in 77 reviews)
  • "terrible upper management leaves a lot to be desired(in 54 reviews)
  • "When there were massive layoffs contractors got no package as opposed to eBay workers(in 38 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of eBay and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Unbelievable Team Environment

Nov 21, 2022 - Senior Director Engineering
    Business Outlook

Pros

I never expected working at a large company to be like this. EVERYONE is on the same team. No one is unapproachable. Everyone wants everyone to do well. I have felt supported since day one, and that includes both the support I need to do my job, as well as the support I need to grow. I've been to headquarters in San Jose, and it's such a great environment. The level of talent is impressive, and you can always find ways to challenge yourself. Everyone is encouraged to bring their ideas forth. I really love it.

Cons

I haven't found any cons yet!

6 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Great place to work

Jan 26, 2023 - Senior Technical Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun Great Culture Work/life balance Collaborative Great Colleagues Great Leadership Inclusion Community

Cons

There are no cons. I love working at eBay!

3. Join the eBay team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

It Depends

Jan 25, 2023 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Benefits are fantastic, and there are a lot of them. -Lots of upward mobility options. You can grow within the role and move into other departments. -Pay is OK- when I first started, it was better and there were more consistent raises and general clarity, but it does pay the bills. Opportunities to get bonuses and prize money -Engagement is fun, even remotely. Lots of contests for gift cards and eBay branded stuff. Also semi-frequent gifts (ie gift cards, eBay swag, etc.) -The people are great, for the most part. A good manager will completely change your experience and make it much more positive. Lots of mentorship opportunities and the teams are great too with lots of fun banter and close relationships. You will make friends. -Great diversity and a genuinely inclusive community. Lots of cultural events and groups you can join, and a general sense of safety regardless of identity. Also great benefits for parents and LGBT+ couples -Work from home is great, and they provide all of the equipment tech wise. Hybrid options available too if you’re into that kind of thing. -Fair holiday scheduling

Cons

-PTO system isn’t the best -You often are pushed through departments in large cohorts, even if you don’t want to be (for example, moving from buy/sell to returns without applying) -Pay structure is incredibly (and probably intentionally) obtuse which makes it very difficult to discuss pay with coworkers or request raises. -Shift bids are a nightmare and always anxiety inducing as it often happens without warning and can change your schedule completely. -Poor management, or sometimes no management if between hiring, can make the job miserable and exhausting. -Big focus on metrics, though the systems of displaying metrics are often confusing and targets change semi regularly. Might not bother some people, but I didn’t enjoy this aspect of the job. -General customer service exhaustion. People get very heated over their money, feedback, etc. This isn’t specific to eBay but a down side for sure. -GIFT CARDS. Almost everyday you will talk to someone who fell for a gift card scam and there is NOTHING we can do about it. While it makes sense, I wish the system would be revalued somehow. These are also exhausting and very sad calls, and an absolute drain. -Communication between departments can be unclear and frustrating- seems to be a lack of cohesion here and you will definitely run into miscommunications and incorrect transfers -Some exciting and innovative programs and lines of business, BUT lots of complaints about these, especially once eBay became their own payment processor. Program rollouts can be confusing and poorly thought out.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great Place

Jan 25, 2023 - Internal Auditor in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Perks, Perks, Perks. eBay goes above and beyond for their team.

Cons

Maanagement can be difecult to work with sometimes but it honestly depends on your team.

6. 5.0

About eBay

Jan 23, 2023 - MTS-1 in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Work life Balance People are so good to work with Interviews were challenging Good culture to work with

Cons

Nothing so far that I know

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great work environment

Jan 19, 2023 - Member to Member Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Positive community, promotion within , learn new things on the go

Cons

N/a none. Nothing. Remote. Repetitive

8. 2.0