Found 224 of over 6K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about eBay
Got a burning question about eBay? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with eBay employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Some great people and some good out of office events" (in 524 reviews)
- "Good work life balance for most people but honestly its cos no one is self motivated anymore." (in 440 reviews)
- "Good benefits and very international" (in 430 reviews)
- "Great culture and values." (in 313 reviews)
- "All good and it was a good pay" (in 195 reviews)
- "Ebay will probably go out of business due to poor management left to make despotic rules unchecked." (in 207 reviews)
- "A bad manager can make or break your experience." (in 107 reviews)
- "Mismanagement and poor leadership which make wrong decisions and fail to realize it until its past due.." (in 92 reviews)
- "terrible upper management leaves a lot to be desired" (in 53 reviews)
- "Frequent layoffs happening around the company" (in 41 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of eBay and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "work environment"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Apr 17, 2019Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Jose, CA
nice work environment and co-workers
did not find any true down side here other than not super competitive compensation.1
- 1.0Mar 31, 2023PhotographerFormer EmployeeNew York, NY
If you're a sneaker head, or you have an appreciation for the culture, then you will be around like minded individuals and come in contact with many rare and amazing sneakers.
- Horrible management and HR. - They will try to force you to do work outside of your responsibilities. Then get upset when the priority work isn't done. - Hazardous and dangerous work environment. They're cheap. So when it's summer, it's blazing hot in the office, and when it's winter, there's no heat to stay warm. Massive floods, roof collapse, and power outages every other week. They try to fix the problems with bubble gum, rubber bands and used band-aids. - No room for advancement -1
- 5.0May 10, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Good nanagement. Good benefits. Good work recognised. Positive and insparing work environment.
Can not think of any. Had only good experience. I don't have anything else to add anymore. That is all.
- 4.0Mar 15, 2023Data Configuration SpecialistFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsTel Aviv-Yafo
Fun and friendly work environment Hybrid model
Not allowed to work remotely No career opportunities
- 4.0Jun 21, 2021AnalystCurrent EmployeeSan Francisco, CA
Supportive work environment and great people
Teams can sometimes be run very lean for the amount of work that needs to get done. High turnover.eBay Response3y
Thank you for your thoughtful review. We're sorry to hear that you have felt overworked by being on a lean team. If you have any suggestions that you'd like to share, we'd love to hear it at email@example.com.
- 5.0Jan 6, 2016Program ManagerFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsSalt Lake City, UT
Great work environment with tons of growth potential for those willing to go above and beyond.
Just like any work environment, your leadership team can make or break the work environment.2
- 4.0Apr 4, 2022Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsAustin, TX
Amazing Top Tier Benefits Flexible schedules Great Community and work environment Understanding/Caring Management
Lack of opportunities to move up from job positions Was required to cover other departments without immediate notice or training Unrealistic expectations set which caused several burnouts with employees
- 4.0Sep 10, 2013Senior ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Jose, CA
Good company with great leadership. John Donahoe is the unsung hero of SV. The compensation is good and they are generous with Restricted Stock Units. Nice work environment.
People could be nicer. It can be a tense work environment with lots of stressed out people snapping at each other.1