eDreams ODIGEO Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 147 reviews

3.4
eDreams ODIGEO CEO Dana Dunne
Dana Dunne
Pros
  • "Fridays off at 3 PM, Nice office(in 8 reviews)

• "Free English class, Free coffee, Good offices, good people, average salary(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Almost all projects closed and transferred to the low-cost Barcelona Office(in 9 reviews)

• "But they don't hire junior engineers to harvest a nice culture, just because so they can pay low salaries(in 8 reviews)

"Great company"

I worked at eDreams ODIGEO

Pros

Really good company to work for. A lot of brilliant people, others not so much. Technology-wise tries to be as modern as compliance admits. If you're good you'll be very comfortable.

Cons

Don't expect special treatment from HR or any sort of raise unless you fight for it (aka get an offer somewhere else and threaten to leave).

eDreams ODIGEO2016-08-30

"Marketing"

I worked at eDreams ODIGEO full-time

Pros

- Working at one of the world's top OTAs - One of Barcelona's largest technology companies - Living in Barcelona, a city with an excellent quality of life

Cons

New leadership lacking knowledge, passion and entrepreneurial spirit that founders had. A lot of talent has departed as a result of this.

Advice to Management

Get more bottom up input, be willing to take more risks in order to not risk being overtaken by more innovative companies.

eDreams ODIGEO2017-01-07

eDreams ODIGEO Response

July 18, 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on eDreams ODIGEO. We couldn't be more proud of being one of the major players in the Spanish job market. We are working hard to further develop the culture and life here, so your feedback is very important for us. Thank you for your contribution!

3. "Amazing Learning Organization"

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Individuals from all over the world and different walks of life which shows their strong embrace of diversity and inclusion - Great environment for learning a lot and very fast - Amazing culture, great exposure to Agile, and lots of very smart people who keep you innovative and improving continuously - I'm constantly inspired by all of my brilliant team mates and coworkers. The personal support at eDO is... top-notch.

Cons

- Some internal politics - Everyone is very opinionated. This is both a pro and a con because it brings up many engaging conversations and also can be challenging to navigate.

Advice to Management

Listen every one, challenge them and their ideas and support them.

eDreams ODIGEO2019-09-17
  4. "Amazing Learning Organization"

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Individuals from all over the world and different walks of life which shows their strong embrace of diversity and inclusion. - Great environment for learning a lot and very fast. - Amazing culture, great exposure to Agile, and lots of very smart people who keep you innovative.

Cons

- Some internal politics. - Everyone is very opinionated. This is both a pro and a con because it brings up many engaging conversations and also can be challenging to navigate. - I'm constantly inspired by all of my brilliant team mates and coworkers. The personal support at eDO is top-notch.

Advice to Management

The beauty of eDO is in the people — make sure you keep the magic of our hiring processes that bring such awesome people together to form such a unique organization.

eDreams ODIGEO2019-09-17

"Great tech company in an amazing city"

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

After 5 year in edreams Odigeo a lot of things have been improved. edreams has been a referent along several years, but in the last ones we lost our focus in terms of technology and people engagement. This is something that has been corrected and during the last years the company has introduced a lot of new initiatives and ways of work that has helped to become again one of the best places to work. The IT... structure has helped to have more focused and specialized teams. The career path gives a clear view on what to do and what we can achieve. Our technical stack has been improved a lot and now we are fully adapted to the latest technologies like cloud, kubernetes, big data, machine learning and we are able to use the last technologies for back end front end. Also an special mention to agile adoption that helps the teams to be more organized and efficient. For personal development, we have access to O'really books, java certifications and language lessons to improve our communication skills. In addition, human resources provide a lot of training to learn about many topics. The offices are amazing and several benefit are provided like free coffee, discounts, company parties. About salaries the company adjusts every year the salary and during the last years it has been regulated trying to be more competitive.

Cons

No remote working. Some annual objectives are not clear and hard to be achieved. It's not usual to see people with a long term vision in the management lines.

eDreams ODIGEO2019-09-02
  6. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - SEM Specialist in Barcelona

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Talented people, great office in Barcelona centre

Cons

No real career path, hard to get a good salary raise

eDreams ODIGEO2019-09-04

"great company to grow professionally"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Barcelona

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- great work atmosphere & nice people - most people are striving for the best results and it is inspiring (in my team/ dept) - opportunity to speak English & Spanish - lots to do and lots to contribute as many processes are not created/ set in stone, meaning you can grow - career opportunities: I was able to change my role twice during 3 years in order to fit to my interests within the department -... company in constant transformation

Cons

- in terms of benefits, medical insurance is not paid, there is just a company discount - company in constant transformation ( which is a pro for me, but maybe frustrating for those who prefer or used to more static companies)

eDreams ODIGEO2019-08-28

"Great company to learn and develop"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Barcelona

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company offers a pleasant working environment and a young and dynamic culture. It gives you the chance to work alongside brilliant professionals and challenges you on a daily basis in order to bring out the best of you. Good learning opportunities and flexibility to suggest and implement process improvements within your area of expertise. Great L&D trainings, flexible working hours and amazing terrace.

Cons

Very fast-paced environment, almost like a start-up, but having some rigidity typical to a more structured multinational. Could create frustration on certain individuals that are used to more static companies.

eDreams ODIGEO2019-08-21

"Good environment & learning opportunities"

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Barcelona

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have learned a lot during these years in eDreams. I have met great proffesionals that have helped me to grow and develop my technical skills. I also have found great managers that have trusted me and helped me also to develop in my career. Work environment is great and also I have made good friends that's important when you move to a new town (at least for me). The company promotes this by organizing periodical... events with free food and drinks. Kanban methodology is used and it makes that you don't have deadlines and you are never asked to work long hours. You have access to O'Reallys books and also a very good Learn & Development department giving training sessions for improving your soft skills. A lot of benefits: free coffe, new & nice offices in the heart of Barcelona (including a terrace). flight discounts, annual summer party... and even more coming soon. Fair salaries with an annual review.

Cons

Remote work is not allowed for the moment.

eDreams ODIGEO2019-08-19

"Agile and Fun!"

I have been working at eDreams ODIGEO full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Breaking new ground with cool agile ways of working. No Scrum here, we use Kanban across over 50 teams to achieve Flow and Continuous Delivery. Autonomous independent product teams working on amazing new products. (Like Prime for example - real industry disrupters) Super collaborative across teams. There are no silos here, we all work together to achieve amazing things. Agile across all functions Not Just IT!... for example Marketing, SEO, SEM, Data Science, Dynamic Pricing, Lodgings, Experiments and Insights, UX Lab plus many many many more areas are all working in an Agile way. A company that really values its people. Rewards and Recognition is a big part of the culture. For example awarding Global awards in 6 categories and the winners are rewarded with 1000 euros travel. Great social vibe with regular amazing events. I have been here 4 years and the things we are doing is more exciting than ever! We all have free eDreams Prime membership. Finish at 3 on Fridays! Working with people from all over the world! And Barcelona is a wonderful place to work and live. I am obviously biased but this is a GOOD place to work.

Cons

The annual HR objectives process is long and I dont think it adds value. Sometimes there is a little bit of old style thinking creeping in. Project management style inputs from managers can be misaligned but are normally quickly resolved. The company is not perfect and if you are looking for perfect then good luck.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your people and evolve with our customers.

eDreams ODIGEO2019-08-01