eGlobalTech Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Sonya Jain

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great energy, and work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• fast paced corporate office culture (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • At times there seems to be high turnover in the executive positions leading employees to wonder what's going on (in 4 reviews)

• months (although one of them quit since he/she got uncomfortable looks while waiting on their clearance to start on another client site) (in 3 reviews)

1. "Subject Matter Expert I"

Current Employee - Subject Matter Expert in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Subject Matter Expert in Washington, DC

I have been working at eGlobalTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong support from the top. "C-suite" is visible and engaging through a true open door policy (but it has to be a two way street - lower level employees have to make their own opportunities to engage). A lot of great growth potential, while simultaneously, senior management encourages employees to go deep into areas of expertise that are of interest to them. Finally, for newer consultants, it's a great place to learn the true ropes of Washington consulting. From personal experience (and after over a decade in consulting), when sudden shifts happen on the contract landscape the company works hard to see you find another rewarding role/job in which to land.

Cons

Some processes still lack standardization (e.g., what demonstrated performance constitutes various levels of assessment on performance appraisals), but in many cases leadership (along with volunteers from various levels of the org) are working to mitigate.

Advice to Management

Continue touting the open door policy - really shout that from the rooftops. Get lower (and lowest) level employees engaged on organizational pilots. Truly formalize a coaching/mentoring program. Finally, keep up the good work.

2. "Wonderful Place to Call Home"

I worked at eGlobalTech full-time

Pros

There are too many positives to list, but some of my favorite things about eGT are: the employees and how they felt like family; my team that was always supportive and encouraged growth; the CEO and her keen vision and determination to provide the best services to clients; the open door policy; 4 weeks' PTO and the awesome company gala; and most importantly, bagel Thursdays and the yummy candy jar!!! ;)

For anyone looking to join a mid-sized, Federal contractor, that offers an opportunity to grow and learn, a dynamic and fast-paced environment, and people who are always willing to help - this is it. Don't look any further...and decline those other offers!

Cons

There's nothing to say here.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward in the direction you're going.

Continue hiring the right people.

3. "Fantastic Place to work"

I have been working at eGlobalTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to learn and grow

Cons

None specific to report. Know this is a service industry and tune your expectation accordingly.

Advice to Management

None

4. "Pretty good to me"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at eGlobalTech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked in the Baltimore office, and everyone there was very friendly and had a team attitude. If you ever needed help there was always someone there to help you. The client (CMS) could make things challenging at time, but nothing too bad. The leadership in the Baltimore office is great and is constantly looking for new opportunities to expand the business. There are plenty of opportunities to help out along the way, for which you are compensated. Work schedule is pretty flexible.

Cons

Working in the Baltimore office, I felt disconnected from corporate down in Arlington. To be fair, corporate seemed to be trying to address this by coming to office parties, happy hours, newsletters, etc. At times there seems to be high turnover in the executive positions leading employees to wonder what's going on.

Advice to Management

Make sure you try to keep everyone not located at corporate more informed about what corporate is doing i.e. plans, goals, etc.

"Excellent Company, Excellent Leadership, Commitment to Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at eGlobalTech (Less than a year)

Pros

A great culture and a company that's growing in size and revenues. It's an exciting place to work, with plenty of room to grow! You're surrounded by very smart (and very nice) people. Senior leadership is well-respected and has earned it.

• Great health insurance
    • Flexibility
    • Dedicated to customer success

Cons

Can't think of anything bad :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at eGlobalTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Interesting Project Opportunities
    - Great Clients
    - 4 Weeks of PTO
    - 10 Gov't Holidays Off
    - Remote Work Abiility

Cons

- 2 Gov't Holidays we're off for are company events. (There are worse things)

Advice to Management

Continue to pursue such great project opportunites with proposal efforts to offer a variety of interesting work options.

7. "Review"

Pros

IT is ok so far with the client

Cons

No cons to report at all

"It's ok depending on your immediate and long-term goals."

I worked at eGlobalTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was good because I was able to negotiate a good salary when I first started and got a promotion after my first year. At the beginning of 2016 PTO was changed to 4 weeks which is great. The Pro's will always depend on the relationships one forms with management, co-workers, and client. I know people reading these reviews want to see positives as well as negatives from the people who have worked/ is working at the company, but honestly, the biggest pro for me was my co-workers and I will miss them a lot.

Cons

The medical benefits are not bad but not great. The company has recently graduated from a Small Business to Medium size business and it appears that this transition is one that management is struggling with. There's a VP layer that has been added to management too quickly within the past year and is not working close with Program Managers to understand what's going on with the contracts/clients.

Lack of placement of already hired field workers to other contracts once their projects are completed resulting in layoffs especially if people have been at the company for almost three years. This is the result of not wanting people on the bench for no more than 2 weeks even though I know of a few situations where people have been placed on the bench for 3+ months (although one of them quit since he/she got uncomfortable looks while waiting on their clearance to start on another client site).

If employees want to have work opportunities with another agencies/contract there's minimal direction as to the steps needed to make such move and some Program Managers are not willing nor care to help the employees to grow in their careers.

Last but not least one of my cons/pet peeves was the lack of follow-up on employees clearances. Employees had to follow-up more than needed to ensure they were able to start work or have their access started at the client site they are working.

Advice to Management

Priority for placement in another contract should be given to those individuals who have proven to be productive and good workers. Be mindful of the Program Manager and the relationships they and the field workers have with the clients. Before jumping into trying to win work management should get feedback from the employees at the client sites where work is going to be bid to understand what's going on and if bidding for that work is an appropriate move. Also, if employees are getting Exceeds or Meets in their performances and not getting a promotion a bonus is always appreciated for moral boost and loyalty enhancement. When I reference the bonus part this does not equate and do not attempt to equate Hi-5 Award as I do not feel this provide a moral boost or confidence on employees performance if manager can not give them to employees as often as they would like.

"management defies all logic"

Former Employee - Internal Staff
    Former Employee - Internal Staff

I worked at eGlobalTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fantastic Cyber Program Managers
    - Owner is a woman with a history in the contracting space-- she is very smart

Cons

- overhead; Recruiting Team is dysfunctional. There is a Manager who does nothing yet a recruiter who basically runs the whole show.

Not Logical

Advice to Management

give someone a promotion who is the real recruiting manager

eGlobalTech Response

Oct 31, 2016 – Recruiting Lead

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I personally wanted to respond to your comments, as I have worked under our Recruiting Manager’s guidance for the past four years. She is a strong, compassionate... More

10. "Unprofessional"

Pros

Hire quickly. Good salary. Work for government agencies.

Cons

HR is unprofessional. The benefits person doesn't like to answer questions and is always angry. One of the Program Managers even told me she has a reputation for being difficult and does not like to questioned. Not sure why she is still there, considering several employees have had a negative experience with her performance. She had an error in her onboarding presentation and instead of just admitting the information was wrong, she argued that all of the new employees were wrong - we didn't see that data listed. Crazy!

Seems like a brand new company with no standardized processes. No formal paperwork when you're let go, no severance, no checklist to ensure they have company equipment - so unorganized. Some of the Intranet documents are outdated. I referenced one to the HR benefits lady, she pretty much yelled via email to me & my Program Manager about the policy not being correct and in need of updates. I've never seen anything like it - she berated a manager in front of her subordinate and she's still an employee there.

Managers lack people management skills, they don't have your back. Will throw you under the bus to save themselves, even when you follow their instructions. There was no way to review their performance, so they continue to be unethical.

Advice to Management

Fire the HR people and hire people with more experience in standard HR procedures. Hire managers with management experience, not "yes men" for the client. If you are loyal to employees, not firing them when there is no contract, they will be loyal to eGT and the company will grow.

eGlobalTech Response

Oct 14, 2016 – eGlobalTech

There are two sides to every story. We are aware of exactly what happened, and it is inconsistent with your review. Rather than defending our side, we instead want to wish you well and hope you find... More