eGlobalTech Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sonya Jain

Pros
  • Great energy, and work/life balance (in 10 reviews)

• I get to work talented, fun people doing work that matters (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • The husband and wife (Indian) run the whole company (in 3 reviews)

• months (although one of them quit since he/she got uncomfortable looks while waiting on their clearance to start on another client site) (in 3 reviews)

"Excellent Company, Excellent Leadership, Commitment to Employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at eGlobalTech (Less than a year)

Pros

A great culture and a company that's growing in size and revenues. It's an exciting place to work, with plenty of room to grow! You're surrounded by very smart (and very nice) people. Senior leadership is well-respected and has earned it.

• Great health insurance
    • Flexibility
    • Dedicated to customer success

Cons

Can't think of anything bad :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at eGlobalTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Interesting Project Opportunities
    - Great Clients
    - 4 Weeks of PTO
    - 10 Gov't Holidays Off
    - Remote Work Abiility

Cons

- 2 Gov't Holidays we're off for are company events. (There are worse things)

Advice to Management

Continue to pursue such great project opportunites with proposal efforts to offer a variety of interesting work options.

3. "Review"

Pros

IT is ok so far with the client

Cons

No cons to report at all

"It's ok depending on your immediate and long-term goals."

I worked at eGlobalTech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was good because I was able to negotiate a good salary when I first started and got a promotion after my first year. At the beginning of 2016 PTO was changed to 4 weeks which is great. The Pro's will always depend on the relationships one forms with management, co-workers, and client. I know people reading these reviews want to see positives as well as negatives from the people who have worked/ is working at the company, but honestly, the biggest pro for me was my co-workers and I will miss them a lot.

Cons

The medical benefits are not bad but not great. The company has recently graduated from a Small Business to Medium size business and it appears that this transition is one that management is struggling with. There's a VP layer that has been added to management too quickly within the past year and is not working close with Program Managers to understand what's going on with the contracts/clients.

Lack of placement of already hired field workers to other contracts once their projects are completed resulting in layoffs especially if people have been at the company for almost three years. This is the result of not wanting people on the bench for no more than 2 weeks even though I know of a few situations where people have been placed on the bench for 3+ months (although one of them quit since he/she got uncomfortable looks while waiting on their clearance to start on another client site).

If employees want to have work opportunities with another agencies/contract there's minimal direction as to the steps needed to make such move and some Program Managers are not willing nor care to help the employees to grow in their careers.

Last but not least one of my cons/pet peeves was the lack of follow-up on employees clearances. Employees had to follow-up more than needed to ensure they were able to start work or have their access started at the client site they are working.

Advice to Management

Priority for placement in another contract should be given to those individuals who have proven to be productive and good workers. Be mindful of the Program Manager and the relationships they and the field workers have with the clients. Before jumping into trying to win work management should get feedback from the employees at the client sites where work is going to be bid to understand what's going on and if bidding for that work is an appropriate move. Also, if employees are getting Exceeds or Meets in their performances and not getting a promotion a bonus is always appreciated for moral boost and loyalty enhancement. When I reference the bonus part this does not equate and do not attempt to equate Hi-5 Award as I do not feel this provide a moral boost or confidence on employees performance if manager can not give them to employees as often as they would like.

"management defies all logic"

Former Employee - Internal Staff
    Former Employee - Internal Staff

I worked at eGlobalTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fantastic Cyber Program Managers
    - Owner is a woman with a history in the contracting space-- she is very smart

Cons

- overhead; Recruiting Team is dysfunctional. There is a Manager who does nothing yet a recruiter who basically runs the whole show.

Not Logical

Advice to Management

give someone a promotion who is the real recruiting manager

Oct 31, 2016 – Recruiting Lead

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I personally wanted to respond to your comments, as I have worked under our Recruiting Manager’s guidance for the past four years. She is a strong, compassionate ... More

7. "Unprofessional"

Pros

Hire quickly. Good salary. Work for government agencies.

Cons

HR is unprofessional. The benefits person doesn't like to answer questions and is always angry. One of the Program Managers even told me she has a reputation for being difficult and does not like to questioned. Not sure why she is still there, considering several employees have had a negative experience with her performance. She had an error in her onboarding presentation and instead of just admitting the information was wrong, she argued that all of the new employees were wrong - we didn't see that data listed. Crazy!

Seems like a brand new company with no standardized processes. No formal paperwork when you're let go, no severance, no checklist to ensure they have company equipment - so unorganized. Some of the Intranet documents are outdated. I referenced one to the HR benefits lady, she pretty much yelled via email to me & my Program Manager about the policy not being correct and in need of updates. I've never seen anything like it - she berated a manager in front of her subordinate and she's still an employee there.

Managers lack people management skills, they don't have your back. Will throw you under the bus to save themselves, even when you follow their instructions. There was no way to review their performance, so they continue to be unethical.

Advice to Management

Fire the HR people and hire people with more experience in standard HR procedures. Hire managers with management experience, not "yes men" for the client. If you are loyal to employees, not firing them when there is no contract, they will be loyal to eGT and the company will grow.

Oct 14, 2016 – eGlobalTech

There are two sides to every story. We are aware of exactly what happened, and it is inconsistent with your review. Rather than defending our side, we instead want to wish you well and hope you find ... More

8. "Good"

Current Employee - Junior Business Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Junior Business Analyst in Arlington, VA

Pros

Upper management is very friendly. They offer a good opportunity for growth and advancement. Get close and convenient metro stop.

Cons

Subpar benefits. The hiring process was a long arduous process. Not transparent about job description. Could be getting paid more.

Advice to Management

Improve benefits and transparency.

Oct 14, 2016 – eGlobalTech

Thank you for your review and feedback on our benefits and hiring process. We increased our PTO accrual for all employees this year, and we welcome your specific feedback on our benefit programs so ... More

9. "Take the other offer"

Former Employee - Proposal Director in Ballston, VA
    Former Employee - Proposal Director in Ballston, VA

I worked at eGlobalTech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small company, nice office, located near metro. Its a bandaid job or intermediate step.

Cons

Owners often give conflicting direction behind each others back and are reactionary. Very fluid SOPs so much that standardization is not possible. You are an insider who has worked here years, or you are not.

Advice to Management

Pick a business process and model and stick with it.

Oct 14, 2016 – eGlobalTech

Thank you for sharing your experience. We work hard to dynamically improve our business processes and procedures constantly. We appreciate your concerns and can acknowledge the level of patience ... More

10. "Decent place"

Pros

get noticed more because it's a smaller company

Cons

benefits are mediocre at best

Advice to Management

more benefits and opportunities for employees

Oct 14, 2016 – eGlobalTech

Thank you for your review. Our benefits are standard for our sector (and better than many other consulting firms) with a few extras that we rolled out this year to improve our benefit programs such ... More

"Good Company"

Former Employee - FOIA Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - FOIA Analyst in Washington, DC

Pros

Good pay, nice team, management responsive to employee concerns; benefits are good and work life balance is better than expected.

Cons

The management can be a little bit more organized in terms of contracting and let the employees know in advance if there is a risk of losing the contract so that employees can prepare.

Advice to Management

Be a little bit more organized in terms of contracting and let the employees know in advance if there is a risk of losing the contract so that employees can prepare.

Oct 14, 2016 – eGlobalTech

Thank you for the great advice on helping employees prepare to look for internal opportunities if working on a project at risk. We have successfully moved people across projects in the past and are ... More