eGlobalTech Subject Matter Expert Reviews | Glassdoor

eGlobalTech Subject Matter Expert Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2017

5.0
eGlobalTech CEO Sanjiv Jain (no image)
Sanjiv Jain
0 Rating
  1. "Subject Matter Expert I"

Current Employee - Subject Matter Expert in Washington, DC

I have been working at eGlobalTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong support from the top. "C-suite" is visible and engaging through a true open door policy (but it has to be a two way street - lower level employees have to make their own opportunities to engage). A lot of great growth potential, while simultaneously, senior management encourages employees to go deep into areas of expertise that are of interest to them. Finally, for newer consultants, it's a great place to learn the true ropes of Washington consulting. From personal experience (and after over a decade in consulting), when sudden shifts happen on the contract landscape the company works hard to see you find another rewarding role/job in which to land.

Cons

Some processes still lack standardization (e.g., what demonstrated performance constitutes various levels of assessment on performance appraisals), but in many cases leadership (along with volunteers from various levels of the org) are working to mitigate.

Continue reading
    eGlobalTech2017-07-06

"15 Years and Four Firms of Consulting Later and eGT Earns 5/5 Stars"

Current Employee - Subject Matter Expert in Washington, DC

I have been working at eGlobalTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Over 15 years of consulting I have worked for a very small firm (Marasco Newton Group), a medium-sized firm (SRA International), and a large firm (Booz Allen Hamilton), and eGlobalTech (eGT) at ~350 people is about as good as it gets in today's federal consulting landscape. Growing quickly, eGT is putting legitimate focus on increasing business and expanding the market portfolio, all while engaging employees in asking honestly "how can we do a better job in helping you and your colleagues grow and learn?" This is becoming a rare commodity in consulting firms these days, but eGT stands behind those questions with action. Consultants at all levels are - in many cases - treated like sole proprietors but in the best way possible. We are "left alone" to focus on our clients and on our quality of delivery. There is no heavy-handed oversight or micromanagement (I'm sure this varies from team to team but this is my experience). That's not to say there's no support or welcomed opportunity to engage at a corporate level, but it is a firm in which professionals who are self-starters, motivated, and critical thinkers can best thrive . If you don't have those traits or don't want to earn your chops, this isn't the firm for you. It's the first company I've worked in a long time where personnel at all levels interact and work like intelligent adults. Better still, I've yet to meet any "big egos" that are too much for the room. The C-suite even makes a point of spending time with teams and individuals when possible. Finally, the one thing that frustrated me about the firm when I arrived was the quite sub-par leave policy. However, following a firm-wide employee survey that revealed a shared concern for this issue, eGT actually changed the leave program and quite favorably at that. From my vantage point, this is a company that puts a premium on hiring smart people, and both trusts and listens to its employees. Again, I'm sure experiences vary but for my growing market team this is an honest account.

Cons

I'm six months into my career at eGT and - now that the leave policy is improved - I don't have anything of substance to criticize. I might suggest that the only slight con is that the firm utilizes some federal holidays such as Columbus Day for "fun-datory" corporate events and gatherings. However, they are usually partial-day events and are actually of value to all...and even fun. Frankly, as a con is concerned this is a stretch but I don't feel I can in good conscious say "nothing."

Continue reading
    eGlobalTech2016-04-23

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 2 reviews