eGlobalTech "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

eGlobalTech Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Sep 4, 2019

3.7
eGlobalTech CEO Sanjiv Jain (no image)
Sanjiv Jain
Pros
  • "I've been with EGT since 2014 coming here has been one of the best decisions of my career(in 18 reviews)

• "The pay is solid and the opportunity to telework (telework is usually contract specific) has provided me with a good work/life balance(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "eGT does try very hard to retain staff whenever they can(in 8 reviews)

• "Unethical proposal practices to include resume embellishing and bait and switch tactics galore(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Company to Work for"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at eGlobalTech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been with EGT since 2014 coming here has been one of the best decisions of my career. They've helped in my development and growth and have shown me that they value my contributions to the company. The pay is solid and the opportunity to telework (telework is usually contract specific) has provided me with a good work/life balance.

Cons

No real cons, just be sure you try to stay close to the industry standards regarding pay. I'm also curious to observe how thing will be under the Tetra Tech umbrella.

Advice to Management

Seek out the employees you value and let them know. The people at EGT are great to work with and reminding them every so often goes a long way.

eGlobalTech2019-05-01
  2. "Task Lead"

Current Employee - Task Lead in Arlington, VA

I have been working at eGlobalTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Telework policy is amazing for those looking for a realistic work/life balance environment.

Cons

Services is limited to backend IT related fields. Workforce is more technically skilled than management consultants - making it difficult to think outside of the box for modernization.

Advice to Management

Hire and place people appropriately to their skill sets and interest.

eGlobalTech2019-09-05
  3. "Wonderful Workplace"

Project Manager

I have been working at eGlobalTech for more than a year

Pros

eGT is a wonderful place to work. The people I work with on a daily basis are encouraging and collaborative, also just simply fun to be around. I am very much supported by leadership and have ample opportunities to advance my career and improve my skillsets. Most companies preach a work-life balance, but it is never realized. That is not the case at eGT!

Cons

Since it is a smaller company, there are limited resources compared to those of a larger. However, eGT does an excellent job of surveying it's employees on a regular basis and takes action to make changes!

eGlobalTech2019-01-29

"Good Entry to Industry - Not Long Term Solution"

I have been working at eGlobalTech full-time

Pros

They have consulting contracts throughout government from Business Support to IT to Business Strategy. Will take a chance on people with less experience or that were successful in a different industry. 4 weeks of leave. Ability to have Work/Life Balance.

Cons

Leadership still acts like small business with company decisions and is more reactive than proactive. In 2+ years, I've had 4 different senior directors and 3 different VPs for my area. They do not invest in talent or employees so there is High Turnover. Pay vs industry in the area is below the average. It is very difficult to receive a raise or promotion. They have a "rule" that they don't promote people in consecutive years.

Advice to Management

Invest in your talent. Pay them to want to stay, don't ask them to prove it. If company is filled with talented and capable employees than clients will see that.

eGlobalTech2017-12-18

"Good Company"

FOIA Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at eGlobalTech

Pros

Good pay, nice team, management responsive to employee concerns; benefits are good and work life balance is better than expected.

Cons

The management can be a little bit more organized in terms of contracting and let the employees know in advance if there is a risk of losing the contract so that employees can prepare.

Advice to Management

Be a little bit more organized in terms of contracting and let the employees know in advance if there is a risk of losing the contract so that employees can prepare.

eGlobalTech2016-05-23

"Take the good with the bad"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at eGlobalTech full-time

Pros

Good work-life balance Some contracts have flexible schedules or telecommuting Good clients Very good recruiting team Opportunities to work directly with very talented people on contracts and at corporate. Some really great people in senior management. Depending on contract, some good entry-level opportunities for people with less experience

Cons

Pay is only ok (below direct competitors, although the work-life balance partially compensates for this). Very sub par benefits package, especially for the DC metro area. The company's contribution to family level coverage on health insurance is a joke (the employee pays more than $600 per month for the cheapest family insurance option. Most other companies in the area will offer insurance at that coverage level that costs half of that or better). The insurance is only reasonable for individual coverage. No parking/transit subsidy. No maternity or paternity leave. Unclear real path for advancement. Actual experience is different from what is promised, even with high performance and contribution to company's business development. Very high turnover rate on my contract. PM only wants to get bodies in seats. Clients started to notice this.

Advice to Management

You do a lot of things right to bring in good people, but are not doing the things needed to keep many of them. Fix your benefits package to be competitive in the region. At least make the health insurance affordable for someone with a family. You drive away highly-qualified and experienced people on this issue alone. Follow through on your promises of advancement and growth when the employee has followed through on performance. Don't be cheap on that point or people are going to keep leaving. When a contract has the type of turnover that mine did, take it seriously and don't just write it off as employees being "disgruntled". Your competitors know you have a good recruiting team and are picking up these people as fast as you can hire them.

eGlobalTech2015-08-31

"Good Culture and Flexibility"

Current Employee - Consultant II in Arlington, VA

I have been working at eGlobalTech full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company offers good Insurance benefits. However, the dental insurance does not cover the typical 80/20 contribution plan. Dental Insurance is 50/50. Metro Smarttrip pre-tax deduction; New, renovated corporate office space. It is a pleasant place to work daily. Good work/life balance; Teleworking offered; Bagel Day in corporate office on Thursdays; Good leadership; Company wide outings and engagement.

Cons

Contracts may not last as long as expected.

Advice to Management

Thanks for a great experience!

eGlobalTech2015-07-17
  8. "Great People, Understanding Management"

Former Intern - Contracts Program Management in Arlington, VA

I worked at eGlobalTech for less than a year

Pros

Terrific place to work, considerable attention paid to work-life balance; They're groing at break-neck speed and now trying to compete with mid-tier level businesses; lots of inward mobility; some of the most wonderful people I have ever worked with; management understands and places tremendous importance on family life, encourages time spent at home, flexible on working from home; fast-paced, proposal team works at the will of RFPs and is very time sensitive, exciting place to work

Cons

Everyone is over-worked, which is to be a expected a bit in such a young company; periodically, poor communication on the proposal team leads to one person doing the work of five, but is getting much better; pretty bland office, bare bones;

Advice to Management

You're awesome; you caring about your employees' family and personal time is so much more important and vital to eGlobal than you may think it is; keep it up

eGlobalTech2014-11-10

"Good company for experienced self-starters, development needed to attract next generation of top talent"

I have been working at eGlobalTech

Pros

-compensation/benefits are fair to good -work-life balance good -technical SMEs valued -enjoyable company sponsored events -corporate processes are improving -fast paced corporate office culture -good fit for experienced hires with self-starting attitude & specific skill-sets

Cons

-most cons are common to small/growing consulting firms, not specific to company -heavy focus on filling positions vs. balancing with employee interests/career goals -may not be ideal for young top talent because of limited focus on career development and mentorship -less emphasis/support for ongoing learning/training/support for getting certifications

Advice to Management

-meet with teams and PMs on an ongoing basis to communicate support and corporate strategy- corporate culture is built every day not just at periodic company meetings -recommend developing culture of mentorship and encourage project rotation and career development to attract and keep young top talent

eGlobalTech2014-10-10
  10. "Small business with a heart"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at eGlobalTech full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been with eGlobalTech for over a year, and there have been reviews that I feel compelled to address. Do you want facts versus opinions? This company is run by people who care about their clients, employees, teaming partners, and the community. These are people who: - Welcome feedback and open conversation by keeping their doors open (it is rare to see doors closed around here), and walking the halls (members of the executive and leadership team are highly accessible). - Support employees who have joined together to raise a future service dog by allowing the puppy to come to the office every day, and contributing financially to her upbringing. Lucy will be a service dog to a disabled veteran when she grows up! - Communicate openly, honor agreements, and recognize and reward excellent performance. - Respect that employees have a life outside of the office, and allow employees to maintain a healthy work/life balance. - Bring breakfast for everyone at our headquarters office once a week. - Trust employees to do a great job, and offer their support and assistance to improve the business so that everyone on the team is successful.

Cons

Benefits are average for this area.

Advice to Management

Some people can be quick to blame others for their own shortfalls or shortcomings. Don't let their negativity impact the path you are on.

eGlobalTech2013-07-29