eHarmony Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
eHarmony CEO Grant Langston
Grant Langston

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is a great work/life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Culture, no hours, free food, paid-parking, the employees (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Warm, smart colleagues, and solid change underway"

I have been working at eHarmony full-time

Pros

- Some of the smartest, warmest colleagues I’ve collaborated with.
    - Meaningful, fun product – with a unique opportunity to be surrounded by relationship science.
    - Perks – lunches and increasingly healthy snacks, subsidized Equinox gym membership, etc.
    - Poor leadership has been cut.

Cons

- Product admittedly needs innovation, but that’s underway.
    - Can be high stress. There’s a lot to do. That said, you won’t be bored, success is usually recognized, and work/life balance is respected.
    - Our top PPO plan (Blue Shield) could be better for coverage and cost .. Aetna had been great.

Advice to Management

The last few months have been a breath of fresh air.

2. "Sr. Copywriter"

Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior CopyWriter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You get paid to make love for a living.

Cons

You don't always make love.

Advice to Management

Take more risks and take the time to value the talent under your nose — it's some of the best and brightest.

3. ""5 star company""

Current Employee - Tech in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Tech in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work! Friendly and smart people .Fun place to work, with good pay and benefits. Good work/life balance. Recently company made changes - 3 days a week free lunch, everyday breakfast,healthy snacks, open bar etc . Would recommend.

Cons

Read other reviews they sum it up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Exciting time to be at eHarmony"

Current Employee - Marketing in Westwood, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Westwood, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*The mission of the company is awesome
    *The people who work here are smart and kind
    *There is a great work/life balance
    *There is a great desire to truly help people find love

Cons

*Westwood location is eh
    *You can not bring dogs to work

Advice to Management

I am very excited to be at eHarmony. I feel like things are more aligned than ever as the product improvements are coming quickly, there is way more transparency, and a truly open door policy with the CEO. I am happy about all of the changes made.

"Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at eHarmony (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome environment, beautiful office space, a great place for growth.free snacks and drinks and weekly lunches.

They really show how much they care for their employees.

The company is full of talented and hard workers.

I believe this company will keep growing and will be around for many years to come.

Elevated Careers has so much potential and the right tools to grow.

Your performance is recognized and appreciated.

Cons

No cons. you only have cons if your not doing your job.

"Amazing place to work (Elevated Careers @ eHarmony)"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mission driven company with truly visionary vision. It has become pretty clear from early media response that Elevated Careers going to be highly disruptive, in the same way eHarmony fundamentally changed online dating... which makes this an incredibly exciting time to be part of the team that is building and refining tbe first generation of this product. Also, Dan Erickson is destined to be remembered as the 'Steve Jobs' of the HR Tech industry.

Cons

Traffic around the office (Westwood/UCLA Campus) can be really crazy, especially when Obama or other politicians are speaking on campus or staying in the area.

Advice to Management

Catered lunch once a week is nice, but more organized social activities across the org better help with creating a stronger sense of unity and bond between departments. .. Ping Pong Tournament; Chili Cook-Off; Write the Best Close-Ended Question and Win an iPad Contest... People have really loved and engaged with these sort of things in the past.

"Customer Care"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westwood, CA

I have been working at eHarmony (More than a year)

Pros

The people makes this company great! It's just a great environment to be in and a great company to be a part of. I no longer have the Monday blues working for eHarmony. I appreciate the perks like free lunch every Wednesday, Free bagels every first Fridays of each month, free snacks, and the occasional celebrations.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative.

"Awesome place to work!"

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

eHarmony is a great place to work! The people here are very nice, helpful and SMART. The environment is casual and comfortable. It's a great place to learn and grow. The culture is awesome, lunch catered in weekly, nap pods, massages, ping pong tables and GREAT view of the city! Management team actually looks out for your team and you individually and wants to help grow you and the company.

Cons

Nothing I can think of...

"Fulfilled employees + great work-life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Pros

eHarmony has a stellar company culture - truly nice people work here and there is a great work-life balance. The core values of the company & the product, improving people's lives and creating lifelong partnerships, really do permeate in a positive way through the culture at eHarmony. I've worked at several tech companies over the past ten years and I look forward to coming to work at eHarmony each day more than I have at any previous company.

Cons

Because eHarmony is a 14-year old product, employees leave from time-to-time to pursue opportunities at early-stage start-ups. Prospective employees should be aware that although we aren't a brand new product, the business is doing better than it has in years and the product continues to evolve and become more innovative.

eHarmony Response

Aug 6, 2015 – Chief Operating Officer

I am very glad you enjoy working at eHarmony and I agree – I look forward to work each day as well. Business is doing better than ever and as we expand in new areas, there will continue to be more... More

"Technology, vision, and heart"

I have been working at eHarmony full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Make no mistake, this is a cutting edge company using very solid, Silicon Valley-esque technologies - linux, Java, node.js, Hadoop, MongoDB, flash storage, Oracle (of course), etc.

The new and returned leadership has turned the company around from where it...paused...a few years ago, such that market share, user base, excellence, and revenue has never been higher.

The working environment is fun and relaxed while also being challenging and focused on delivery, so they maintain that balance pretty well. Meetings are effective for the most part and held to a minimum. The pace is already fast and picking up steam. Decisions are data driven, which is always refreshing. Politics seem to be on the very low side, as most of those so inclined left the company in the last two years. There's a lot of genuine collaboration and helpfulness between teams.

Cons

Hard to pick any while the business is doing so well and the technology projects are so interesting. There are a few key open roles that still need to be filled, so until those positions are filled properly a few folks are either pulling double duty or some junior folks are taking on stretch assignments.

Advice to Management

Continue to be passionate, continue to take care of the rank and file, continue to share information as you have been, let's all protect the wonderful culture and mission and responsibility we've got! Steady as she goes!

eHarmony Response

Aug 6, 2015 – Chief Operating Officer

I appreciate your perspective and I share it as well. We are steadily moving forward, staying focused and will continue to do so – thoughtfully and relentlessly! Best, Armen