eMDs Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
eMDs CEO Derek Pickell
Derek Pickell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good Pay & Benefits, Paid Bonus', 401K Matching, and management encourages work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• eMDs is a great company and there are great people working in it (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Constant turn over due to non-competitive salaries (in 2 reviews)

• Growing pains create some chaos, but it is getting better every day (in 2 reviews)

"Great company"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at eMDs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Merged 3 companies over last 2 years and truly did a great job. Transition was smooth amongst the staff. Family environment, great products for clients, worldwide organization.

Cons

Can't say there are any cons. I am happy we merged and I am now working for a good company.

"Market leader, getting results"

I have been working at eMDs full-time

Pros

This company is growing. It's one of the top companies that has one of the biggest market shares in a competitive industry with a lot of projects to keep everyone busy so that's a good pointer to stability. We are releasing new product which has received great initial reviews from the market so that seems to be going well. The culture is also great - in the last 2 years there has been a really active effort to make sure employees have a good place to work. That's important. The leadership is also very transparent and treats team members like adults. We know what we have to do and how we are doing against goals. If we do our work, then there are opportunities to grow.

Cons

With all the changes in the last few years, none really.

Aug 22, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for writing a review! We agree that the company is leading the industry and paving the way for employee successes! Thank you for all that you do to make the organization a great place... More

"Overall great job, people, company"

Current Employee - Training Specialist II, PCMH CCE
    Current Employee - Training Specialist II, PCMH CCE

I have been working at eMDs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone seems to care about you as an individual in this company, it is not all about the bottom line.
    It is awesome to have an impact on the lives of not only our clients, but also all of their patients.
    Our customers are increasingly pleased with us. At this time we have an 82% satisfaction rating with our customers overall.
    I feel like I am free to talk to the management about any problem I have with no repercussions.
    The specific group I work in always has my back. I feel like we are all working toward the same goal.

Cons

I know it sounds silly, but the unlimited PTO is not my favorite. I was happier with time off that I worked for. I knew I earned what I had and felt more comfortable taking that time off.

Advice to Management

Internal, employee training is better than it was initially, but still needs improvement

Aug 7, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Interesting, I think that is the first time we have heard someone say they would rather have PTO than the unlimited time off. If you feel... More

"Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales in Nashville, TN

I have been working at eMDs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are good, management listens, and the management team has gotten this company on the right track. Service lines have expanded and we are GROWING!

Cons

none that I can think of

Aug 22, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for the review! We are definitely growing at a rapid pace. We are focused on being the leader provider of health solutions for healthy patients and healthy practices. It's a great time... More

"A great company to work for."

Current Employee - Full Time/ in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Full Time/ in Austin, TX

I have been working at eMDs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

eMDs has done a lot of growing in the past two years. Now they are on the track of continued growth and customer satisfaction as well, which makes working for them even better (especially if your in a customer facing position). eMDs has revamped their core values and really make an effort to not only place their customers at the forefront of their focus, but their employees as well. I have found that through diligence and hard work, opportunities to train and excel in other areas of the company are quite possible. eMDs also afforded me and others as well, the opportunity to work remotely, which is absolutely great! My morning commute means that I walk down the hall to my office. How cool is that? Another thing I enjoy, is the "other things" that eMDs shares with the employees. In the process of change and growth, the company makes an effort to include the employees in the process, which means more of a sense of ownership. They also have the Fab 5: Fun, Flexible, Fantastic, Family Environment and Fulfillment. Sounds funny, but they do try and bring enjoyment, levity, and togetherness in little extra programs and events which they sponsor. And of course, at the end of the day, we know that we have each had a positive influence on the patient care through all that we do, because that's the business we're in. It's a good thing. Just like everywhere else, it's not always heaven, but like I said, afterwards you can always know that your efforts have made a positive impact on patient care and that's worth it.

Cons

Of course we all wish we could make more money and some management communicates better than others, but overall not much negative to say.

Advice to Management

Insure that employee reviews are accurate and reflect their efforts, as this is a performance based organization.

Jul 11, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for writing a review! These last couple of years of significant growth have opened up tremendous opportunities to grow and learn within the company. We pride ourselves on developing our... More

"Fast paced work place in an ever changing environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at eMDs full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

• I have worked at the company off and on for the past 11 1/2 years. There have been growth pains but management has been working diligently to assist all employees with the different reorganization steps.
    • The benefit package is very good including 401K matching.
    • The company has a group of employees that listen to co-workers then meets to discuss with management on how changes can be implemented to make the work place even better.
    • We each know that we are working to make visits to your doctor more in depth leading to healthier patients and practices
    • The work environment is not formal and allows each employee to individualize their work space.
    • Most departments have flexible hours which allow employees to meet their personal needs outside of the office.

Cons

• Merging 3 companies in 2 years has caused a few redundancies, wish there were other ways to help those affected to be retrained to new positions within the company when possible

Advice to Management

• Continue striving to keep valuable employees and retrain for new open positions when possible/appropriate
    • Continue to allow flexibility in work schedules when possible

Jun 22, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for writing a review! Our Fab 5 that defines who we are hits every area you have mentioned - Fun, Flexible, Fantastic, Family-Environment and Fulfillment. They are ingrained in our... More

"The glass is not broken, if it can be refilled"

Current Employee - Director in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Director in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at eMDs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Since joining the eMDs family, I have seen such tremendous growth and potential in both the product and the employees. It is very rare that you find a leader as hands on as Derek Pickell. Dereck leads by example and he happens to be one of the most fashionable leaders I have ever had the opportunity to work for. With core values such as Integrity, Transparency, Commitment to Quality, Innovation, Accountability, Customer Focus and Passion, I am honored to say I have been an eMDs employee for 10 years and I look forward to our continued success.

Cons

Change is sometime difficult and over the last several years, eMDs has undergone significant change due to multiple acquisitions. This has better positioned eMDs to become a more competitive player in this ever evolving market.

Advice to Management

Take a page out of Derek’s book.

Jun 9, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate the support and feedback. Our core values are ingrained in every thing we do. We look forward to the company's continued success as well. Thank you!... More

"It's really good here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at eMDs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From the CEO all the way down to the front line workers, we are all a team and everyone plays their part. The executive staff members are all willing to roll their sleeves up and dig in the trenches to get the job done.

Overall Customer & Employee Satisfaction scores have increased dramatically in the past year since the new CEO has come on board.

Good Pay & Benefits, Paid Bonus', 401K Matching, and management encourages work/life balance.

Cons

eMDs is a great company, but it has had its challenges. We've experienced some growing pains such as multiple acquisitions, new leadership, and a re-org. Often change can be hard on team members but in order to grow, we have to be willing to support the hard decisions and be willing to change in the process.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent with your team members. Continue to pay for performance. Continue to keep the focus on our customer's satisfaction. Continue to challenge your team members to think outside the box for better solutions.

Jun 1, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for writing a review. We have experienced quite a bit of change over the last 18 months. Your feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for the words of encouragement!

9. "Great improvements"

I have been working at eMDs full-time

Pros

Great family culture
    In house executives (most of them)
    Small company feel
    Flexible work environment
    Great communication with employees

Cons

Employees can oftentimes be overworked and under paid
    Non-competitive salaries

Advice to Management

Steps have been made in the right direction.

May 18, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for the review! We have worked hard as we integrate the acquired companies to continue with the family feel that is so important. In fact, it is one of our Culture Fab 5's. Year after... More

"Love my job"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at eMDs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

All staff, from management down to the front line workers, work in a team-oriented fashion. No annoying company politics affect my work. Company leadership is very transparent--we always know what the overall goals and strategies are, so we are never in the dark about what and why we are working for.

Cons

Growth! You think growth is a good thing--and it is--but there are negatives, too. My job is different than it was 6 months ago. Although my employment status is stable, I cannot say I'll be doing the same thing 6 months from now.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

May 18, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for writing a review! Our core values are: transparency, integrity, commitment to quality, innovation, accountability, customer focus and passion. We also encompass a set of guiding... More