KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

eMoney Advisor Employee Reviews about "cost of living"

Updated Oct 9, 2020

Found 4 of over 192 reviews

3.9
eMoney Advisor CEO  Ed O'Brien (no image)
Ed O'Brien
Pros
  • "They are allowing all employees to work from home(in 19 reviews)

• "Plenty of opportunities; diverse management team; great benefits; frequent communication from management(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "upper management really doesn’t care about you(in 12 reviews)

• "The pay is well below market rate and the company is very hesitant to ever give you more than a cost of living raise(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

227 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of eMoney Advisor and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "cost of living"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall Pretty Good

Oct 9, 2020 - Associate Software Engineer in Radnor, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, beautiful office, great work-life balance, free food, staff events, management that appears to try, training. There's a lot of good stuff going on here. Pay is decent but not amazing, certainly better than other places though. Bonuses, though the full amount is getting harder and harder to come by. A lot of devs and teams are great to work with and are constantly self-improving

Cons

The benefits (besides WFH) are decent but nothing to write home about. They're also nothing to really complain about either. Wish there was a neutral place to comment. One issue I've had is cost of living raises. eMoney does market research that determines whether or not they deliver COL raises to employees. Currently, they are not giving any out. While I don't believe that are purposely holding out on employees to cut costs and that the research they have is credible, its hard for an employee who has visibly seen their bills rise (such as rent, food, insurance, etc.) to understand that they will not be getting a COL raise because research says they shouldn't have higher expenses this year. Personally, I haven't experienced this, but the most common complaint I hear from midlevel management and other employees such as product owners and tech leads is upper-level management's increasing push and reliance on metrics and software monitoring.

1 person found this review helpful

eMoney Advisor

Your feedback is important to us, so thank you for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing! We’re happy that you’re enjoying many of the perks we offer to our employees. However, we did want to mention that eMoney conducts ongoing and extensive market research to ensure that all employees are paid fairly and competitively. Our strategy is to determine the need for salary adjustments based on this research and the specifics for each job distinctly. Additionally, eMoney provides a competitive bonus program that is funded by overall company performance and based on individual performance during the bonus year, as well as annual base salary increases based on annual individual performance. We are committed to providing employees with a healthy, fair environment and equipping them with the tools they need to do their job effectively. It’s also important to note that we review our total rewards program annually to ensure our competitive benefits package is leading the market through our “best in class” offerings and superior employee value. But, we’re always looking for ways to improve, so please feel free to share additional feedback by emailing feedback@emoneyadvisor.com.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

eMoney experience is very dependent on what team you're on

May 24, 2020 - Software Engineer in Radnor, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance Coworkers are always super supportive and helpful in day to day work Flexibility to switch teams after a while to get experience in new things Flexible WFH policy Good benefits Handled the COVID19 crisis exceptionally. Everyone was supported in working from home and there were no layoffs or pay cuts.

Cons

The work is not very exciting and the technology you use is super dated. There isn't a huge push to use newest technology even if it would make life easier. Most people seemed apathetic towards the work they were doing on a daily basis. Sales is the driving factor in the company, sales reps will often sign contracts including features that arent built yet. This leads to the engineering teams scrambling to rush something out the door and quality suffers. Depending on what team you're on you can have complete autonomy and control over how you work. Other teams are super dependent on outside factors and forced to maintain code thats over 10 years old. There are massive amounts of tech debt that are just ignored and it will impact your work everyday. Just opening up visual studio everyday can take over 5 minutes. The pay is well below market rate and the company is very hesitant to ever give you more than a cost of living raise. After a while the only way to advance in pay is to leave the company. eMoney is a good stepping stone company but not a place you can really grow your career.

7 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Appreciation for Good Employees is a Thing of the Past

Mar 3, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people that you work with are incredible, lots of PTO, flexibility to be innovative in your role, good health benefit packages, and flexible work from home options. Plus, middle-management has significantly improved in the Client Services Department. I truly feel like the people I work with every day care about my ideas and want the best for me but they can only do so much before upper management gets involved.

Cons

No growth potential or appreciation from the top down for employees. This used to be a company that I was proud to work for but moral is down, employees are underpaid, and competition is only getting better. Four years ago we were at the top of our game but a pressure to become more of a "corporate" model started trickling in and now there is a senior leadership team that has no idea how to appreciate or retain their employees. Free cold brew and junk food doesn't make an employee feel appreciated, compensation for working hard does. Increasing the embarrassing amount that we get for our 401k match (for being in the financial services industry) does. These asks have been ignored and have been replaced with "distractions" like free food. When it comes to compensation, we are expected to be happy that we even qualified for a pay raise that is equal to an adjustment for cost of living meaning, we're breaking even each year and are not increasing any pay. Let me emphasize that a cost of living adjustment is the HIGHEST percentage that you can get. On top of that, the company just made quite a few employee cuts and a significant cut to our annual bonuses. Getting a promotion to a higher level is often just a title change, without incentive but you better believe it will be more work. External hires come in with higher pay but end up struggling and need training from the lower level employees. The leveling structure in each department is flawed and you often cannot move into a higher level in your role unless you fulfill a time requirement which means quantity (time in the industry) is more important than quality (of work) here. Normally, that would fly in other companies but with roles in the Client Services department, you need an extensive amount of application knowledge in order to be successful in the role and that not only sets up external hires in a higher role up for failure, but isn't fair to the tenured employees that are trying to continuously grow in the role. So disappointed in the direction that this company has gone and a lot of the tenured employees are losing their loyalty. Such a shame.

7 people found this review helpful

eMoney Advisor

We appreciate your feedback and agree that our employees are very talented. They’re very important to us – which is why we make every effort to align the perks and benefits with their needs and interests. eMoney conducts ongoing, extensive market research to ensure that all employees are paid fairly and competitively. We are a pay-for-performance company, like many in our industry, and employees are eligible for annual bonuses, which are based on both company and individual performance. Merit increases are also awarded based on individual performance. eMoney is committed to providing employees with a healthy, fair environment and equipping them with the tools they need to do their job effectively. But, we’re always looking for ways to improve, so please feel free to share additional feedback by emailing feedback@emoneyadvisor.com.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Consider Working Elsewhere

Apr 16, 2019 - Client Support in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ok entry level position. You'll learn a lot about new financial terms and concepts that you can then use to further your career. You'll also develop a certain social skill talking with financial advisors with a wide spectrum of personalities. Adaptability and patience will be a needed skill to learn. Remote work available - huge benefit. Free snacks in office. Meals provided periodically.. Benefit package is not great, but slightly above average. Attempts made for a "Fun" work environment.

Cons

Company has been going through a reorganization of structure and culture over the past year and if nothing else, the result has been an even worse unorganized mess. Office politics can make this place feel toxic, best to stay away and keep a positive mindset while here. Pay is way below market. No cost of living adjustment for CA employees leaving you feeling impoverish at times. Good thing you can scape together a few meals in office to help lower costs. Little room for advancement internally. Part of the company reorganization is to hire outside employees for more Sr. roles leaving well qualified internal candidates to be looked over and stuck in a position for a minimum of 18 months, or until they decide to quit. Client service management has no real management experience. Some are quite immature and unprofessional. High turnover. Burnout is a big problem in the client service department and management treats employees as if they are disposable rather than trying to keep their employees motivated or seek coaching opportunities.

3 people found this review helpful

eMoney Advisor

Thank you for your feedback. We continue to find ways to improve the eMoney employee experience while planning our path to future success. We remain committed to investing in our people through various benefits such as competitive health plans (with no increase to healthcare premiums to employees in 2 years), in addition to enhancing our learning and development resources for managers and all employees to advance their careers. In the first quarter of 2019 alone, we promoted or transitioned nearly 50 employees into new roles. Additionally, we strive to communicate companywide objectives so each employee, regardless of their role or department, understands how he or she is contributing to eMoney's success. If employees aren’t getting what they need to perform their job, we hope they all feel empowered to go to their manager or a leadership team member with questions or concerns so we can take action as our goal is always to produce an environment where employees feel heard and valued. We encourage you to email feedback@emoneyadvisor.com to further discuss your concerns.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 English Reviews