KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

eMoney Advisor Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 20, 2020

Found 12 of over 192 reviews

4.0
eMoney Advisor CEO  Ed O'Brien (no image)
Ed O'Brien
Pros
  • "They are allowing all employees to work from home(in 19 reviews)

• "Plenty of opportunities; diverse management team; great benefits; frequent communication from management(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "upper management really doesn’t care about you(in 12 reviews)

• "The pay is well below market rate and the company is very hesitant to ever give you more than a cost of living raise(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

229 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of eMoney Advisor and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I can't believe I found such a great company right out of college

Jul 2, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment - everyone is upbeat and happy to be here. There are many helpful supervisors who want me to learn and have the ability to grow within the company. There are great health benefits, lots of PTO, flexible scheduling, massive snack closet, and a bunch of work events (like my favorite - playing in a kickball league).

Cons

The amount of free food on hand - it's tempting to stuff myself constantly here. Other than that - not seeing upper management on a day to day basis since they are located on the East Coast. But they do come to the West Coast frequently as well as weekly phone meetings making this not that big of an issue.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Vice President, Recruiting

San Diego is awesome! Might need to visit soon

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Don’t believe in these positive reviews

Nov 20, 2020 - Client Support Specialist in Providence, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Snacks in the office and a good location

Cons

- influx of calls that come in - all the company issues end in customer services lap since other department don’t take care of their own issues -pto is bad enjoy taking a vacation once in a blue moon - upper management really doesn’t care about you - don’t expect a good raise or a bonus- - have to rely on sales to get a good bonus because if numbers are bad it affects your bonus

6 people found this review helpful
    3. 3.0

It's a mixed bag

Jan 31, 2020 - Analyst in Providence, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home policy available to large portion of the company, 20 PTO days per year, 25 days after 2 years of service, and it continues to increase from there. Great medical/dental/vision benefits Flexible hours. Pay is mediocre if you consider that a good thing, however they do offer a ROTH 401k which is great. Open office space if you like that layout. My job was very team oriented so I liked it. Lots of snack food, coffee, hot chocolate, occasional beer in office. Large catered lunches are much less frequent, and pizza is the new norm. There are video games and ping pong available to play.

Cons

Pay is mediocre, 401k match is low, Open office space can be terrible with noise and distractions at times. Company wide meetings (900+ employees) frequently which sounds good on paper, but mostly wasted my time. The managers of my team were great, but there was a massive disconnect between them and the upper management. Upper management is confused, they've done 2 or so reorganizations in the last 3 years. Some people are overlooking divisions they aren't qualified for. They've also had quite a bit of turnover in upper management the last two years. Pay for your own parking in the city.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 1.0
      Former Employee

Consider looking elsewhere! Not a pleasant place to work.

Oct 8, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Endless supply of gourmet coffee, snacks, and drinks

Cons

eMoney is a toxic place to work. The culture is now best described as dreadful, appalling, and awful. The employees are grateful to work remote to avoid the negative atmosphere of the office. Upper management is extremely unorganized and unwilling to learn the current process before implementing new changes. Employees feel that Human Resources (PX) is a joke. It seems like PX doesn’t want to review any complaint because they're afraid to confront the people that the complaint is against. There have been reports brought to the attention to upper management and PX's including personal and psychological harassment. Many of these victims were told that there wasn't enough evidence to investigate the claim and it was "hearsay." This lack of support from upper management and PX makes their employees look elsewhere. It's disconcerting when during your exit interview PX asks that you add a 5 start review to Glassdoor.

12 people found this review helpful

eMoney Advisor

Because we value open and honest feedback, we do not request former or departing employees to write recommendations of any kind. However, we appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback with us. eMoney is committed to creating an inclusive, collaborative, and fun environment for all our employees. We’re disappointed to hear about your negative experiences and are committed to ensuring they do not happen in the future. We have policies strictly prohibiting this type of behavior, as well as reporting hotlines and multiple other ways that our employees may report any incidences should they ever occur. Reports may be made anonymously and without fear of retaliation. We understand that you no longer work for eMoney, but if you would like to help us improve the employee experience, we encourage you to contact us directly at feedback@emoneyadvisor.com. Thank you again for your feedback. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

5. 4.0

Great Company

May 22, 2019 - Business Analyst in Phila, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture, work from home options, great CEO

Cons

Upper management can be difficult to work with and the communication among departments can be greatly improved.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Best company to work for, needs some improvement

Apr 28, 2019 - Project Manager in Radnor, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The most intelligent employees you’ll ever work with. The product is the single best on the market for brokerage and insurance firms looking to guide their clients wealth and assets into retirement and beyond.

Cons

Upper management needs to focus more on proper hierarchy and solution based outcomes, rather than team approach to every single issue no matter how minor the task.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company, management of the department needs work

Nov 5, 2018 - Client Service Associate in Radnor, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Talented individuals, financial service industry comprehensive learning and experience, immediate supervision is better than expected. workplace perks (free food, snacks, company wide events)

Cons

Lack of communication between departments and from the top down. Upper management has little consideration of the effect of decisions on the front lines.

2 people found this review helpful

eMoney Advisor

Thanks for taking the time to let us know how we’re doing. As we continue to grow, we recognize the importance of sharing updates on company projects and initiatives with employees to help create awareness and to keep you informed – which is why we host companywide and cross-departmental meetings on a monthly and quarterly basis, in addition to weekly team meetings. If you find that you are not receiving the information you require to perform your job, please let us know by emailing feedback@emoneyadvisor.com. We can work with you, your manager and/or team to ensure relevant information is reaching everyone in the company.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee

Big Changes for the Worst!

Oct 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The opportunity to work from home is nice, but the expectation change on the daily.

Cons

This company is going down hill fast, especially with how it treats it's lowest employee. Over the past year I've been working for eMoney, the culture of pass the buck here at emoney is so evident in the everyday workings of this place. The upper-management and senior staff put restrictions and strict governing on the lowest employee when specific stats are not looking adequate. When the stats look good however the upper-management and senior staff take all the credit. The brunt of the work falls on the lowest and most entry level employee who basically ends up a phone slave. Rules have gotten tighter with time off the phones due to there being a lack of employees. This lack of employee pressure is felt only by the lowest employee. The pressure is put on the entry level reps to recommend friends to company in order to receive the benefits that were taken away. Restrictions were put on growth at this company after being promised 7 month growth at the time of interview. A 18 month rule is now in place essentially trapping its current employees. They went as far as to hire externally requiring them to have to train a new employee for 90 days a job someone in entry level could have gotten promoted to and started yesterday. This company is going through a lot of changes and losing a lot of great talent. They put no value in their lowest employees and treat them as disposable. Working for Client Services is like working for a separate company.--

7 people found this review helpful

eMoney Advisor

Thank you for your feedback. Under the flexible work options policy, employees have the ability to work remotely for a set number of days each week. If your experience with remote work has not been in accordance with the policy guidelines, we’d encourage you to please contact us to discuss further as we strive to provide an employee experience that is consistently fun, innovative, and collaborative – but most of all, one that is fair and reasonable. Additionally, we’re committed to helping our employees grow and succeed at eMoney, which is why we’ve promoted nearly 40 employees in the client services department in 2018. As a reminder, employees within the department are eligible to apply for in-line promotions at any time as well as bonuses for hired referrals per company policy. If you’re interested in other roles in client services, please talk with your manager or contact us at Feedback@emoneyadvisor.com.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Experience very dependent of your team/division

Jul 24, 2017 - Software Engineer in Radnor, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are a lot of friendly and talented people at eMoney. The perks and benefits are also a positive.

Cons

The attrition rate was very high during my time at eMoney and there are multiple reasons that contribute to this. First, management is very poor. The managers I dealt with were eager to blame others for any issues that arose, and blatantly played favorites. Career advancement is difficult when you are put in a situation like this. Additionally, upper management will take advantage of you when given the opportunity. A good portion of the company was just given an annual raise of 0% even though their performance reviews were positive. Upper Management is also removing more and more perks as the company expands. Lastly, the company does not take input from the low level employees. If you would like to be a developer at a company that values your ideas, I would recommend staying away from eMoney. Having said this, I did meet people who seemed happy with their team. Thus, I would say that this review may be more directed at Data Services.

11 people found this review helpful

eMoney Advisor

We appreciate your feedback and agree that our employees are very talented and welcoming! They’re also very important to us – which is why we make every effort to align the perks and benefits with their needs and interests. eMoney conducts ongoing, extensive market research to ensure that all employees are paid fairly and competitively. Additionally, employees are eligible for annual bonuses, which are based on both company and individual performance. eMoney is committed to providing employees with a healthy, fair environment and equipping them with the tools they need to do their job effectively. But, we’re always looking for ways to improve, so please feel free to share additional feedback by emailing feedback@emoneyadvisor.com.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Intelligent and creative people, Upper mangement is a problem

Jan 12, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a tremendous working atmosphere. Company is filled with young, vibrant, creative people. Company has numerous sponsored events to increase a team atmosphere.

Cons

Upper management on the business side is a combination of butt kissers and phonies.

15 people found this review helpful