ePeople Reviews | Glassdoor

ePeople CEO Dwayne Spurlock
Dwayne Spurlock

"Good Place To Work"

I have been working at ePeople full-time

Pros

The people who work here are all very friendly and helpful. Management is easy to work with and listen to you when you have concerns.

Cons

The office can be loud at times due to everyone being on the phone.

ePeople2017-11-22
  2. "Run !!!Dont work here."

Former Employee - CNA in Mifflintown, PA

I worked at ePeople part-time for less than a year

Pros

None none none none none

Cons

They don’t pay you and try to tell you where you can work.Haha I got other agencies to take on their facilities.im proudly working at the facilities and getting paid a lot more than they could offer

Advice to Management

Shut down!

ePeople2019-10-19
  3. "Stay away. You can find something WAY better!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sewickley, PA

I worked at ePeople full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office hours: Mon-Thurs 8AM-430PM and Friday’s 8AM-4PM, but you were required to work through your lunch on Friday’s and were not allowed to leave the office

Cons

My experience my first month into the job: Where do I even begin. This has been the most unprofessional company that I have ever worked for. They treat you like garbage and don’t care about their employees at all. No one is treated fairly and everyone is fake. Training was god awful because there wasn’t any. They just expected you to know it all. All this company cares about is quantity and not quality people. They... want you to hire anyone and everyone. They are very unethical when it comes to hiring practices. Lying to people about pay/jobs that weren’t there to offer, but wanted to hire them anyway. All of their documents were not properly completed. If they were to get audited, they would owe a lot of money in fines. No one knows what they’re doing in their position. Your job changes daily and not in a good way. They have no break room for employees to take their lunch and they expect you to eat at your desk and work on your unpaid 30 minute break. The software and computer systems are outdated. Nothing ever worked and I was always putting in tickets to have IT fix a problem. The turnover was extremely high for such a small company. Upper management is clueless on how to run the company. The majority of people in upper management positions were given their position without having any background on how to manage people or a staffing company. The owner is greedy and only cares about the profit margins instead of working on making the company better. He’s half-in when making decisions. The owner doesn’t look at anyone when he comes into the office and only talks to upper management, mind you there are only about 15 people in the corporate office and he says hi to no one. When I left, 2 other people were putting in their notice as well, so what does that tell you? 3 weeks into starting this position, I started actively looking for a new job. Benefits: there really aren’t any. They only put $100 towards the medical plan. Dental and vision are 100% your responsibility, which is average. No 401k, no life insurance, no STD/LTD. 1 PTO day per month, so 12 for the whole year. 8 paid holidays. Flex time is available, which they were actually good about. Salary: non-negotiable and they tell everyone they make an offer to that “the salary you have been offered is our max for this role, as we took into consideration your experience and what we think is a fair offer” oh and about a month into my job I found out someone who had been there 3 years has never gotten a raise. Can you say RED FLAG!? Culture: S T R E S S. Every day I dreaded going to work, thinking “what’s it going to be today” they set unrealistic goals and blame you for things out of your control. Overall: Stay away from this place for your mental stability. You can find a way better position that has stability, great benefits and great pay. Do your research on this place before accepting. I don’t want anyone to regret working for ePeople Healthcare the way I did!

Advice to Management

Look at the bigger picture and see that no one enjoys working for you. It costs a lot of money to onboard a new hire, yet you don’t care about your high turnover. The owner either needs to be all in or all out. Be more ethical when running the company and get people out of upper management positions, who should not be in upper management.

ePeople2019-08-28
  4. "Do not apply here unless management changes!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sewickley Heights, PA

I worked at ePeople full-time for more than a year

Pros

The employees outside of management are some of the nicest and hardest-working people I have ever worked with and it's a great schedule.

Cons

I personally was treated very well in my end process but a lot of people have not been treated the same. This is one of the worst ran companies I have ever worked at in my many years of experience. They lack any type of professional behavior and pit everyone against each other. They try to say they are different than their past toxic environment but they are quickly slipping right back into it. So many people are... brought in and not trained properly or actually managed and then held accountable for things they were not given the tools or instruction to do. People have quit or got fired and they haven't replaced their positions and so other people have to pick up their slack without any merit increase or acknowledgement. They promoted someone who'd been doing the job for almost a year without compensation and a month later gave it to her co-worker who is inexperienced in what was needed for the role so she relies on the person who got demoted to do her job. It's just very negative, very unorganized and very insincere management. Literally you never know if you're going to have a job or if you're going to get fired. I know current employees who do not stand up for themselves because they're afraid they'll get fired for trying to make management aware of things. It's just all very sad because at the core of everything they have people who actually care about their jobs and working for them. But they have some management who do not care about them at the end of the day and honestly are not professional managers who know how to lead. They need to give their current employees what really matters to them which means training, recognition and merit increases. Also they create the environment as a job not a career because they don't want to pay people and that is why you will see barely anybody has been their past a year or 2.

Advice to Management

The owner needs to remove himself from anything day day to day because he does not go into the business or actually do any of the jobs that helps operating the company. He only gets involved through sarcastic emails and threats when it affects his profit. When he does come in it's very uncomfortable because you can tell he doesn't want to talk to you or be near you. It was regularly stated that he is cheap and will... not pay people appropriately and on a regular basis he was not replacing positions as people quit or got fired because he could save that money and just make other people work harder and do that person's job on top of their own without any pay increase. They all have to run decisions by him because he holds the purse strings not because has an idea of what most of us do or why we do what we do and how that affects the business. He continually distracts and takes the actual management in the building away from managing their people for his little projects and things he thinks is important. Meanwhile training and coaching is completely neglected. Management positions are given out based on who is the favorite and will do their bidding without any push back and not on their experience or ability. If you want to sustain this business you really need to take a serious look at your management and training structure and change it immediately not in the future and not whenever the owner sees fit. It needs to happen right now because it affects these people everyday that sit in that office. You're losing good people over silly things that can be fixed. In closing train your people, lead your people, coach your people, be present in the building and for goodness sakes give people raises.

ePeople2019-08-23

"I would recommend avoiding ePeople"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sewickley, PA

I worked at ePeople full-time for more than a year

Pros

Random Pizza Day to Boost Morale

Cons

Mediocre benefits; tense office life; inept management

Advice to Management

ePeople Healthcare Review ePeople Healthcare provided me with a wealth of knowledge and experience in dealing with a less than savory management team. Unfortunately, that is all ePeople was good for. To say that working at ePeople Healthcare was un-enjoyable is a grotesque understatement. The office staff was always on edge; the management team never seemed to see eye to eye on big issues and often put their... employees in the middle of their squabbling; if you voiced an opinion or concern you were treated like a leper; and you could honestly make more working at a gas station, yet you were expected to go above and beyond every single day for a company and CEO that struggled to even remember your name. Often times, when employees would post unsavory reviews on indeed or Glassdoor,4-5 positive, albeit vague, reviews would pop up almost immediately following. Management claimed they weren’t “encouraging” their employees to write these oddly nice reviews, but most coworkers would tell you otherwise....I know a review was posted for my personal position in November of 2017, while I still worked at ePeople, but I was not the one who posted it...feel free to make your own assumptions about that one. The CEO, on the rare occasion he made an appearance at the office, was distant and gave off the impression that he was better than everyone else who worked for him. I do not own a business, nor do I know what it takes to manage one, but I feel like some common decency could go a very long way and help control the high turnover rate that notoriously plagued ePeople. While I worked at ePeople, I saw firsthand what damage poor management could do and witnessed 5 employees walk out on the same day... to make up for high turnover and “boost moral”, management would treat us to a pizza day now and then. While that’s great and all, it hardly compensated for the terrible pay and even worse benefits. Honestly, I would have preferred a $2-$3 pay raise over a pizza day, but that’s just me. Working in an office full of women, rumors tend to fly. One of which was that the CFO had the ability to read our emails and often did to “spy” on us. While I do not know first hand if there is any merit behind this claim, I know I heard it often enough by coworkers I wouldn’t doubt that it makes me hard press to believe it didn’t happen. Especially when, after a particularly nasty review was posted on Glassdoor claiming that the CFO did indeed read our emails, as well as, use the security cameras meant to watch for burglars to watch and listen to what we were doing instead. She (the CFO) made a big statement saying she did not do this and immediately had the position of the cameras changed to watch the main doors, which you know, is good because it seems like it would be awfully hard to watch who comes and goes from the doors when your cameras are focused on your employees computer screens... Speaking of the CFO, she is honestly the one you have to watch for the most. When I started at ePeople, I would often hear coworkers talk bad about her and feeling like they were just using her as a way to vent their unfounded frustrations, I would stick up for her. That was a mistake. After a particular incident where I admit I had made an error in handling the ordering and delivery of some items, the CFO literally tore me a new one. I offered to go and retrieve said items on my personal time, but she did not want to listen to that had informed me she would take care of it. I have been yelled at before at various times in my career, but I have never felt so shamed for an incident that was an honest, and easily fixed, mistake. Because of how she had handled this situation, I went to HR the following day and voiced my concerns about it. I did not expect anything to be done, I just wanted to say that I felt it was wrong of her to talk to me the way she did and that be it. I wish I could say that was the end of it, but I think we all know better. From that moment till the end of my time with ePeople, the CFO treated me with petty disdain. She refused to speak to me and would only tell me what she wanted me to do via email. This included everything from how she wanted me to order office supplies, to how I didn’t need to waste time taking mail out and could it at the end of my shift each day. Yes, she literally emailed me to say I took mail out to the post box too often....the one time she did talk to me, it was simply to wish me a Happy New Year. Now keep in mind, this had not been our normal nor professional interaction prior to the above mentioned incident. We were able to talk in a familiar and even enjoyable way with each other. The real kicker came when ePeople hired a new employee who turned out to be my replacement. Things like this happen, but I find it in poor taste that they literally had me train my replacement for a couple of weeks before they decided to let me go. Ironically, she lasted about a week before she too put in her two week notice. If you decide to put in an application with ePeople, my best advice is to proceed with caution. You will indeed gain a wealth of knowledge when it comes to dealing with petty individuals who you have to answer to, however, I would say there are much better opportunities out there if you are looking for experience. The pay is mediocre, and the benefits are almost non-existent. But, on the plus side, you do get a pizza day now and then.

ePeople2018-03-08

"Growing Small Business with a Training Focus"

I have been working at ePeople full-time

Pros

Work Life Balance Positive and Healthy Work Environment Room for Growth in Position and Advancement Hands On Leadership

Cons

Some Outdated IT Programs and Software Needs Additional Benefits like 401K

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within Grow benefits like 401K for growing core staff

ePeople2017-02-06

"Rapidly Growing Company"

I have been working at ePeople full-time

Pros

Great networking, growth opportunities, open door policies, convenient location, nice work environment.

Cons

Growing pains, limited healthcare benefits offered.

ePeople2017-01-26

"Healthcare Recruiter"

I worked at ePeople

Pros

Great focus and time taken into processes and improvement Options for advancement, change and movement Excellent employee focus Bonuses

Cons

Not paperless Sometimes it's cold in the office

Advice to Management

Excellent

ePeople2016-09-15

"IT Administrator"

IT Administrator in Monaca, PA

I worked at ePeople for less than a year

Pros

Very nice staff to work with.

Cons

Hard to do the job when being micro-managed.

ePeople2016-04-29
  10. "Staffing coordinator"

Staffing Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at ePeople

Pros

Great pay, smart coworkers, ability to advance.

Cons

Micromanaged from day one, bad benefits,

ePeople2016-03-13