ePlus Reviews | Glassdoor

ePlus Reviews

Updated August 11, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very good work life balance for engineers (in 7 reviews)

• Directors are approachable and willing to help (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management tends to promote yes-men and yes-women with little regard for actual performance (in 5 reviews)

• Low pay scales If you don't bargain well and need some one on top to grow (in 4 reviews)

"Good Company but..."

I have been working at ePlus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great team of people to work with.

Cons

Very limited career path exists

Apr 19, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing your opinion of ePlus. We agree, we do have a super team working hard to make technology mean more for our customers.

2. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at ePlus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible and great work/life balance

Cons

Lots of process but this can be good and bad.

Apr 19, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your review. We work hard to create an environment at ePlus that respects our employees’ work/life balance as you point out.

"ePlus - the good and the bad"

I worked at ePlus full-time

Pros

A leader in the technical solutions space. Great engineering expertise.

Cons

Over-political, and frugal to a fault. Senior leadership is unwilling to spend to streamline the business and/or invest internally to enable the field. There is no real delegation of authority or decision making outside of executive leadership.

Advice to Management

Leadership needs to create a vision for the company and drive strategy and align teams to execute. Enable the field by removing menial and time-consuming frivolous tasks - invest in new systems to scale the business (such as SalesForce) and get away from ancient corporate management methods. Contracts and the conservative nature of the company is stifling to the corporate and regional growth and prevents the company from being able to take full advantage of its differentiators. Not nearly enough empowerment is given to leadership in the field. ePlus is like a holding company of several small regional sales and services companies that each have their own capabilities and expertise without the decision capability or ownership to exact any change.

Headcount and skill sets are micro-managed from the very top, and there is an over-emphasis on metrics created in heavy metropolitan areas that smaller and more rural regions are being challenged to adhere to. There is no common sales methodology or philosophy, and new sales and engineering folks really struggle until they understand the informality behind how to get business done and how to be successful with the inner-workings of the company. In most cases, new employees are left to figure it out on their own.

If you have a book of business or are a technical leader already in your field, there is some good success to be had at ePlus. The engineering expertise is second to none, and the selling engine is very successful. However, I didn't find that employees that weren't already confident veterans in their field of expertise stood a very good chance to be successful here. ePlus was also only willing to pay competitively if the prospective employee could provide proof of their current wage status with a W-2 and current pay-stub. They weren't willing to pay market price for talent and would pass on potential hires that might not be willing to share personal info such as a W-2 from a previous or current employer. Conversations with management around career plans, periodic reviews and simple cost of living raise increases had to be driven by the employee or were never conducted. New systems were being put in place to drive management to perform these, but they weren't being held accountable to actually conduct them - it just wasn't a priority to senior leadership.

Apr 19, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we appreciate your input. We strive to create a collaborative environment, and are constantly working to empower employees to think and act strategically with... More

4. "Work here only if you cannot find any other oppurtunities"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Herndon, VA

I worked at ePlus full-time

Pros

The office has a cafeteria

Cons

* Pay is below baseline salaries compared to the going rate in this area
    * Most projects dont ever reach completion due to bad planning and resource management
    * Top management are not technically strong so decisions made are not in best interest of technical practice
    * Top and middle level management micro-manage and affect productivity on every task.
    * No proper project management practices
    * Toxic political climate, everyone complains about everyone else

Advice to Management

The company is growing quickly due to acquiring of other companies. The growth is not organic. Please do a inventory of all your products and invest in revamping the products/integrations to work better instead of duck tape programming. Invest in your employees, provide good benefits and hire good talent.

5. "Great Company to Work for! Never leaving!"

I have been working at ePlus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ePlus is an awesome company to work for. Great work/life balance. Great benefits - medical, dental, and vision - and 401k. Management and Executives are supportive, transparent and approachable.They CARE about every employee and provide a friendly, professional atmosphere. ePlus wants their employees to excel and will give them the tools they need to not only do the job well, but do it exceptionally. They offer training and tuition reimbursement as well. ePlus likes to promote from within and there is very low turnover. Although a larger company, there is a great "family" feel which is always comforting. Coworkers are nice, helpful, and extremely hard working. I believe most employees are very happy working for ePlus which creates an enjoyable and positive work environment.

Cons

I don't think there are any cons about working for ePlus.

Advice to Management

Give employees stock options!

Apr 19, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for such an uplifting review! We are lucky to have dedicated employees like you, who shape our unique corporate culture and make ePlus such an amazing place to work.

"Ok place to work"

I worked at ePlus full-time

Pros

Good Benefits, great teammates

Cons

Poor Management, no room for growth within

7. "Solid org"

Pros

know how to work with partners and manufacturers

Cons

if you don't bring in customers with you its tough sledding

"Purchase Agent"

I worked at ePlus full-time

Pros

You get your own cubical with limited space.

Cons

Horrible upper management. If you have personnel conflict, they will back up whoever has the higher ranking even if you have the proper evidence. Their HR department is the worst I have ever seen.

Advice to Management

Treat your employee with respect.

9. "Disjointed, unprofessional, scattered, poor management on the PM side"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Milpitas, CA

I worked at ePlus (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was good with promise of bonus (not realized). Adequate benefits and vacation time with 2 personal days. Able to work remotely.

Cons

Worked there for 6 months and was not given enough project work to fill more than 3 hours a day, even though I advised on several occasions I needed more work. My manager was located remotely and would undermine my work by responding to my emails re-explaining what I already said. One on one calls with my manager were usually canceled at last minute. There was project work but my manager kept them with the explanation that they were too small for my pay grade. On my first week my manager let it be known my region was "messed up". A completely different story was provided to me at my interviews.

Advice to Management

Do not hire Sr. PM if you cannot provide them enough work to get to a decent bonus. Send your program manger to a training class on how to be a manager and not bad mouth the operation.

Apr 19, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your post. We regret your experience at ePlus was not an ideal fit.

"Stock Split and still no Equity to employees ?"

I worked at ePlus (More than a year)

Pros

Good Growth as legacy companies exit the lower margin business and hand it over to ePlus

Cons

Still no equity plan to employees ? Don't they deserve it ? RSUs, ESPPs ? Bad experience in the 90's shouldn't stop ePlus from moving forward with rewarding success...

Advice to Management

As the company succeeds so should the employees..

Apr 19, 2017 – HR Generalist

Thank you for your post. We are constantly reviewing our employee compensation and benefits plans to ensure we reward our employees’ hard work and dedication. They are our greatest asset!