eSavV Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 3, 2017

1.7

"eSaV"

I worked at eSavV Technologies

Pros

good vision and insight on where to go

Cons

unrealistic deadlines for team members

eSavV Technologies2014-02-02
  2. "worked with still eSavV"

I have been working at eSavV Technologies

Pros

CEO is willing to give anyone a chance

Cons

CEO is an egomaniac, stay away!

eSavV Technologies2017-03-03

"Dysfunctional work environment"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Lincoln, RI

I worked at eSavV Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being a student coming right out of college, I learned a lot that I just would not have learned working an internship at any other company.

Cons

My experience at eSavV was largely a negative one and cannot, in any measure, recommend it as a place of employment to anyone else. The biggest issue was the owner who, in general, was an unpleasant person to be around and would constantly micro-manage all of the employees from the engineers/developers to the more administrative employees. The owner appeared to be forever paranoid of whether anybody was doing any... work so there were constant check-ins and standing over your shoulder as you attempt to write code. The owner's office even has a large glass window in order to look out and verify that everyone was indeed sitting and typing away at their desks. Unfortunately, this also ensured that the owner had no privacy as well and in order to drown out any phone calls that may be occurring a radio is placed right where the engineers/developers sit with music playing loudly throughout the workday. Needless to say this is incredibly disruptive when trying to concentrate on writing code, and adds to the overall stress employees deal with on a daily basis. The pay is also ridiculously low and not in any way competitive when compared to other tech positions. All of this resulted in a high turnover rate when it came to employees, with some people quitting as soon as half a day after starting. They would literally go to lunch on their first day of work and never return. The owner seemed to take pride in the fact that these people would break and quit so quickly and never once winced at the fact they could not get out of this situation fast enough. As a result of the high turnover the few employees who stayed were expected to be jack-of-all-trades and put in higher hours in order to make up for it. My responsibilities could have easily spanned over 3 different positions at any other company (head of IT, product manager, software engineer). Work/life balance was non-existent as I could receive a flurry of emails that would wake me in the middle of the night or a Sunday night Skype call in order to address some random issue occurring with a server. If a serious issue occurs on a Friday night you better believe you will be coming in Saturday to make sure it is resolved.

Advice to Management

Stop comparing the experience of working here to working at Amica unless you plan on paying competitive wages. Amica developers may be expected to work long/insane hours but they are, in all likelihood, more than fairly compensated for their efforts. Also, staff an actual HR person to field employee issues and concerns. Actually, delegate as much as responsibility as possible to anyone other than the owner.

eSavV Technologies2015-09-28

"Bad Leadership"

Developer in Lincoln, RI

I have been working at eSavV Technologies

Pros

Learned a lot. Decent salary.

Cons

The CEO is very alpha male-like with a sharp tongue. Working at the office was not a joy as employees were not allowed to speak to each other often. Micromanagement was constant. Many were talked down to by the CEO when doing things wrong or incorrect. Unstable employment with many being laid off due to losing big clients.

Advice to Management

Learn proper management and leadership if you want to grow a successful startup.

eSavV Technologies2015-09-08

"Was at the company at the beginning"

Former Employee - Developer in Lincoln, RI

I worked at eSavV Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

It was a small close knit company. Learned a lot. No dress code. Flexible hours around school. Made sites for celebrities and important organizations.

Cons

Low pay. Owner required I give him all my clients for a pay of 2 grand a month. I was young and stupid. Owner complained about things like me only working 8 hours on my birthday. Owner put himself in a big office and left 3+ people working in a small windowless office. Became angry when I said my accountant said it's not legal to pay me as an independent contractor when it was a full time job. Took two vacations... while giving me 0 in the same period. Put someone in charge of me when I was the one that fixed his months of backlogged projects from a foreign development team.

Advice to Management

I went from feeling I was helping to build something to feeling like I was a worker drone. Putting yourself in a big office while leaving us in a windowless one ticked me off. Also setting up meetings with my clients without even telling me pissed me off as well.

eSavV Technologies2015-03-17