eVestment Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
eVestment CEO, Co-Founder and Principal Jim Minnick
Jim Minnick

Pros
Cons
  • This company is growing ridiculously fast and I am definitely seeing growing pains (in 3 reviews)

• Career Advancement : Talent and hard work mean nothing (in 3 reviews)

1. "Modern firm with a great product and staff"

I have been working at eVestment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

eVestment has a good group of young, intelligent, and active employees. They also have a management team that will truly listen to your feedback

Cons

As a company that is transitioning from small to mid size, there are some growing pains, and it is sometimes hard to figure out next steps in your career path. Overall - no complaints

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work but be sure to listen to those that raise their hands

2. "An Exciting Time to Work at eVestment!"

I have been working at eVestment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exposure to challenging strategic objectives is a key contributor to employees' growth and development, and this is something that the Leadership Team does a fantastic job of by involving individuals and departmental teams to leverage their expertise and advice.

The robust benefits offering, flexibility and emphasis on work-life balance makes eVestment an incredible workplace where new and long-time associates can and want to thrive.

Cons

None to mention, all very positive.

Jan 18, 2017 – Culture and Engagement Analyst

Thank you for your feedback! eVestment is an incredible workplace and we're happy you're a part of it!

3. "Great Environment, Great People, Great Company"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast-Pasted and Extremely Collaborative. Room for growth and tools to help you advance your career. Great environment with lots of company sponsored events and relaxed but productive and challenging atmosphere. Working with Smart, Fun, Talented, Motivated and FUN people to continue to grow a company that I truly feel invested in as a valued employee.

Cons

New office near Glenridge Connector has worsened my commute but the pros far outweigh this con and flexible schedule allows me to work 7 to 4 and miss as much possible as is humanly possible in Atlanta.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Stay visible. Knowing that the founders are still actively involved and working with all of us to continue growing this great company is wonderful inspiration.

Jan 13, 2017 – Culture and Engagement Analyst

Relocating to a larger space, to accommodate the exciting growth we continue to experience, has had its challenges but we're happy to hear the benefit of flexible scheduling allows you to have the ... More

5. "Good Company, but Over Hyped"

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at eVestment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Unlimited PTO policy was great
    Good work life balance
    Great people

Cons

Customer satisfaction lagging behind increasing sales
    Some teams are ruled by corporate politics and the good ole boys network
    They've bought into their own hype and are forming an echo chamber

Advice to Management

You're an industry leader, but that doesn't mean you're invulnerable. Listen to the good and the bad when people are willing to be honest.

Jan 18, 2017 – Culture and Engagement Analyst

We appreciate all of the feedback we receive and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

6. "Client Service"

I have been working at eVestment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company truly cares about employees and it frequently shows.

Cons

The new location isn't the best for those who commute and it would be nice to see more emphasis placed on cross functional communication.

Advice to Management

Stay ambitious!

7. "Pretty good"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company focuses on culture. So it filters out people with personality problems. The employees are easy to work with.

Cons

Since this company grew a lot over last decade or so, they hire a lot of young folks and if you are old school, you might feel a little out of place.

Advice to Management

Hire older folks too

Jan 6, 2017 – Culture and Engagement Analyst

Thanks for your feedback! We take a balanced approach to our hiring process and have a diverse generational workforce as a result. We look forward to continued growth as we consider great candidates ... More

8. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Client Service Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment is by far the most fun and inspiring atmosphere I have ever personally witnessed at a professional company. Everyone here seems to be self-motivated to work hard and play even harder. When I show up to work on a typical day, I really feel as though I'm going to hang out with a bunch of friends instead of just "coworkers". The benefits (which I find more than acceptable) include weekly catered lunches, numerous team events, and fun activities throughout the year that inspire teamwork and innovation throughout the company.

Cons

It is honestly tough to come up with a list of cons, but no business model is perfect. The only thing that comes to mind is that because we have so many remote employees scattered about the country, I rarely get to know other employees who don't work directly in the Atlanta office. We do get everyone together at our annual year-end meeting and that is a lot of fun, but it would be nice to get to see our other coworkers more frequently than once or twice per year.

Advice to Management

Please try to continue to stay humble even through your incredible success and numerous achievements. You really have made this a great place to work and I hope the fun-filled environment won't be degraded over the next few years as expansion continues to grow at a very high rate. So far so good guys - thank you!!

9. "."

Pros

Great people to work with.
    Benefits are good.

Cons

Sprint commitments are changed in line with the concept of Extreme Programming methodology and less Agile.

10. "Great culture & mission"

I have been working at eVestment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is honestly a fantastic company to work for - and I am someone that works to live, not lives to work. The focus on client experience is inspiring and palpable. Management goes out of its way to make employees feel engaged and appreciated. There is also a great deal of autonomy and I feel trusted to make the right decisions. Even if I could have done a better job, I feel like I am given the opportunity to hold myself accountable without feeling blamed or judged. In return, I feel loyal to the company and am motivated to excel for mutually beneficial purposes. The work life balance is amazing. So many companies say it is something they offer but very few actually mean it - eVestment does and it makes me that much more productive knowing my time is valued.

Cons

- Communication can be disjointed sometimes. Changes are always being made (which is not inherently negative) but the changes and impact on processes are sometimes not communicated to all interested parties.
    - The benefits (aside from PTO!) are average. I think they are moderately expensive and some are very limited (tuition reimbursement, for example).

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on client experience and employee engagement. The culture is unique and special so thank you for creating that!

Dec 20, 2016 – Culture and Engagement Analyst

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to learn our "everyone is an owner" mentality is well translated. Better communication is an opportunity for 2017. Thanks for all that you do!

"Great Company, Great People"

I have been working at eVestment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Company respects and truly cares about its employees
    - Some of the best 'non-comp' benefits you will ever see. Compares to Silicon Valley. Such as, but not limited to: Unlimited PTO, no 'sick days, catered lunch every Wednesday
    - On-site gym in the Atlanta office
    - Visionary Executive Management

Cons

- Don't bother working here if you don't care about your career and the company's goals. This is not a place to work as a 'job'. This is a 'career' type of company.
    - Company cares about its culture. You have to be a culture fit as well as a 'technical fit'.

Advice to Management

- Don't lose sight of the big picture
    - Continue to take care of your employees
    - Grow without losing this amazing culture you've worked so hard to build
    - Keep up the good work!!