eVestment Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
eVestment CEO, Co-Founder and Principal Jim Minnick
Jim Minnick

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits and work-life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Unlimited PTO, weekly lunch every Wednesday for EVERYONE, on-site gym, fitness challenges and so much more (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • The working conditions can be a little difficult because the company is growing too quickly for the buildings they occupy (in 3 reviews)

• This company is growing ridiculously fast and I am definitely seeing growing pains (in 4 reviews)

1. "5 Year Review"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture is probably the top reason why this is a phenomenal place to work at. And that's not just in terms of people, or day-to-day activities, but work ethics and integrity too. Everyone here, including the executives, takes responsibility for their own mistakes immediately, without hesitation.

It feels like the executives really care about the employees too. The things they do and sacrifice to make our lives better and easier is unexpected. On holidays, they even offer to give people rides home if they've had a little too much to safely drive, even if it means the executive has to leave their house at 3am and go pick them up first.

The executives listen and learn too. They know they're human, and they know they can improve too. We wanted more stability in our long-term project roadmaps, they let us create a structure (anything we wanted!) for that and they adapted to what we built. We wanted mirrors in the gym, and we got mirrors. We complained about the commute, and they worked with the city government to get the parking lot adjusted to improve the commute.

Also, the executives bought the company an Xbox One and a 70" TV to play it on. Woot. Work hard, play hard.

I think the overall picture is that everyone at eVestment, including the executives, act like mature, responsible adults in every fashion. This leads to better communication, better work, and a better workplace. It's what makes eVestment a fantastic place to work at.

Cons

The commute. That's probably the only thing. But management is taking steps to help with that too.

2. "Software developer review"

Current Employee - Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time

Pros

Great work life balance. Pay and benefits are solid as well. Very family-friendly culture despite having lots of younger employees. Employees are trusted to get work done and not micro managed.

Cons

Some growing pains as the company gets larger. Some standardization of agile processes and training on those processes would be helpful in getting everyone on the same page. On the technology side, some outdated or unpopular frameworks are used, though employees are encouraged to expirement with 10% time projects which keeps your skills fresh. New office building is great, but we could be a little bit more eco-friendly and get a recycling program going for the absurd number of free sodas that I drink a day.

Advice to Management

Keep at it. It's great to have accessible and approachable c suite executives.

3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you're a runner --- new opportunities will come your way. Very easy to work directly with C-Suite level management on a regular basis if you want that challenge. Unlimited PTO, weekly lunch every Wednesday for EVERYONE, on-site gym, fitness challenges and so much more.

Cons

Located inside the Perimeter which can be challenging if commuting from outside the Perimeter

4. "2 years and I still love working here!"

I have been working at eVestment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A fast-paced mid-size firm, lots of opportunities and challenges. It's just exciting to be part of it.

Cons

I didn't find any noticeable downsides

5. ""You Don't Know How Good You Have It""

Pros

From those who have chosen to leave and explore career development elsewhere, I've consistently heard various forms of the phrase, "You have no idea how good you have it there..."

I've been with eVestment longer than many, and while the opportunity to leave has come up, this phrase is one of the many, many reasons why I have continued to stay.

Cons

I have no major cons worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Stay connected, and keep doing the good work.

6. "Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Technology in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technology in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time

Pros

Unlimited PTO
    Management that listens to your ideas and executes
    Great Culture that focuses on innovation and teamwork
    Snacks and weekly lunches
    Full Work Gym - great culture around health and fitness
    Great people to work with
    Company funded team activities

Cons

Some team members can come off condescending when talking to others.

Advice to Management

More team members interaction from different functions to encourage understanding of the entire business.

7. "Great balance of work and life"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at eVestment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very client focused firm that provides a great work experience with a focus on work and quality of life.

Cons

Leadership makes most of the calls, which is not a bad thing per se, so you have to be very persuasive to initiate change

Advice to Management

Be more transparent on decisions and provide more frequent employee feedback

8. "2 Year Anniversary"

Current Employee - SQL BI Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - SQL BI Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company with many opportunities to develop and learn. Great team atmosphere where everyone helps each other. Great benefits and work-life balance. Company Office is very modern and well maintained.

Cons

The commute is a little longer than I'd like, but it is still bearable.

Advice to Management

As we grow and become more of a corporation than a business, keep the focus on the grass roots that have made this company so successful.

9. "Fun, growing company!"

I have been working at eVestment full-time

Pros

- Room for growth, young company
    - Great perks: Gym (memberships if you're not in ATL), Weekly catered lunches, Unlimited snacks/coffee

Cons

- Pay is lower than the rest of the industry
    - Lack of communication between teams

eVestment Response

Apr 17, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback regarding eVestment's compensation. We are always looking at salary data in order to stay competitive. Please reach out to your HR Business Partner directly to provide... More

10. "Modern firm with a great product and staff"

I have been working at eVestment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

eVestment has a good group of young, intelligent, and active employees. They also have a management team that will truly listen to your feedback

Cons

As a company that is transitioning from small to mid size, there are some growing pains, and it is sometimes hard to figure out next steps in your career path. Overall - no complaints

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work but be sure to listen to those that raise their hands