eVestment "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

eVestment Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Aug 23, 2017

4.4
eVestment Co-Chief Executive Officers Gene Luciani and Jerrod Stoller (no image)
Gene Luciani and Jerrod Stoller
Pros
Cons
  • "If you don’t enjoy a fast paced environment, it could be a challenge(in 5 reviews)

• "Rapid growth has it's growing pains but that is all part of the excitement and challenge of working for a fast paced and successful tech company(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Stress Free Work Environment"

I have been working at eVestment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Perks and benefits pay quality of work decent management

Cons

a lot of growing pains lack of product quality

Advice to Management

focus on quality to build user retention

eVestment2017-08-23
  2. "Software developer review"

Current Employee - Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time

Pros

Great work life balance. Pay and benefits are solid as well. Very family-friendly culture despite having lots of younger employees. Employees are trusted to get work done and not micro managed.

Cons

Some growing pains as the company gets larger. Some standardization of agile processes and training on those processes would be helpful in getting everyone on the same page. On the technology side, some outdated or unpopular frameworks are used, though employees are encouraged to expirement with 10% time projects which keeps your skills fresh. New office building is great, but we could be a little bit more... eco-friendly and get a recycling program going for the absurd number of free sodas that I drink a day.

Advice to Management

Keep at it. It's great to have accessible and approachable c suite executives.

eVestment2017-06-29
  3. "Modern firm with a great product and staff"

I have been working at eVestment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

eVestment has a good group of young, intelligent, and active employees. They also have a management team that will truly listen to your feedback

Cons

As a company that is transitioning from small to mid size, there are some growing pains, and it is sometimes hard to figure out next steps in your career path. Overall - no complaints

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work but be sure to listen to those that raise their hands

eVestment2017-01-17

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Technology Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of intelligent, team oriented people work here. Most of them have great personalities and you feel like you are working with friends, not just teammembers. The founders really get what makes collaboration work, and they encourage team building, and most importantly, being a decent human being. I enjoy going into work every day. There are definitely disagreements but everyone is focused on explaining the... why and prioritizing so that we can get our point of view across. Communication is emphasized here, even when you work in technology. I will put down the perks here, although that is a very small portion of why I work here. Free lunch on Weds which are supposed to encourage you to sit with people you never normally sit with. Unlimited PTO as long as you produce good work. Decent benefits.

Cons

This company is growing ridiculously fast and I am definitely seeing growing pains. There are company lunches, but not enough seating for everyone, so this has just turned into "free lunch" and not "free lunch to meet new people". Even with the majority of people here being great, there are definitely some toxic personalities. The middle management crowd is quite young, and at times seem to barely keep up... with management duties. What used to be good communication between functional areas (like sales vs marketing vs client services vs technology) now seem quite divided due to growth. I'm starting to find out things as they happen rather than before they happen.

Advice to Management

Great job on developing a great place to work! As we grow, please trust your hires to do a lot of the lower level work for you, and emphasize the communication that is required to get everyone on the same page and working smoothly together.

eVestment2016-11-11

"Exceptional tech company"

Select in London, England

I have been working at eVestment

Pros

Working for eVestment is incredible - it provides exceptional career and development opportunities whilst providing a fun and friendly environment. We are a global company however still quite a small and very close knit team in London though rapidly growing. eV is like a family away from home for me. I have great managers who push and support me to succeed and provide the tools needed to do so. Top management is... actively involved in the company and very transparent. They company pay well and the benefits are very generous - Christmas parties in the US, free team lunches, free gym membership, company sport days and free snacks.

Cons

Rapid growth has it's growing pains but that is all part of the excitement and challenge of working for a fast paced and successful tech company. You need to be flexible and willing to adapt quickly but that's hardly a con!

Advice to Management

The personal touch which you have works wonders for employee morale and motivation so keep doing what you are already doing.

eVestment2015-09-11