eVestment "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

eVestment Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated 26 Jul 2019

4.4
eVestment CEO Gene Luciani and Jerrod Stoller (no image)
Gene Luciani and Jerrod Stoller
Pros
Cons
  • "If you don’t enjoy a fast paced environment, it could be a challenge(in 5 reviews)

• "Rapid growth has it's growing pains but that is all part of the excitement and challenge of working for a fast paced and successful tech company(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work/life balance Cutting edge technology Unlimited PTO Extremely smart people

Cons

None, maybe the commute to Atlanta

eVestment2018-08-21
  2. "Administration"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent culture, benefits, and work/life balance. Management, including executive leadership, are accessible and approachable.

Cons

The traffic, but it's completely worth it! Good luck finding a traffic-free commute in Atlanta!

eVestment2018-08-03

"Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Work/Life balance - Surrounded by intelligent people - Great place to develop your skills

Cons

There is some fear that a lot of the things that make eVestment great will change due to the acquisition by NASDAQ.

eVestment2018-03-26
  4. "Director"

I have been working at eVestment full-time

Pros

Wonderful environment, entrepreneurial., great work/life balance

Cons

I have nothing negative to say

Advice to Management

Management (even the Founders) are accessible and approachable

eVestment2017-09-27
  5. "Software developer review"

Current Employee - Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time

Pros

Great work life balance. Pay and benefits are solid as well. Very family-friendly culture despite having lots of younger employees. Employees are trusted to get work done and not micro managed.

Cons

Some growing pains as the company gets larger. Some standardization of agile processes and training on those processes would be helpful in getting everyone on the same page. On the technology side, some outdated or unpopular frameworks are used, though employees are encouraged to expirement with 10% time projects which keeps your skills fresh. New office building is great, but we could be a little bit more... eco-friendly and get a recycling program going for the absurd number of free sodas that I drink a day.

Advice to Management

Keep at it. It's great to have accessible and approachable c suite executives.

eVestment2017-06-29
  6. "2 Year Anniversary"

Current Employee - SQL BI Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growing company with many opportunities to develop and learn. Great team atmosphere where everyone helps each other. Great benefits and work-life balance. Company Office is very modern and well maintained.

Cons

The commute is a little longer than I'd like, but it is still bearable.

Advice to Management

As we grow and become more of a corporation than a business, keep the focus on the grass roots that have made this company so successful.

eVestment2017-03-15
  7. "An Exciting Time to Work at eVestment!"

I have been working at eVestment full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Exposure to challenging strategic objectives is a key contributor to employees' growth and development, and this is something that the Leadership Team does a fantastic job of by involving individuals and departmental teams to leverage their expertise and advice. The robust benefits offering, flexibility and emphasis on work-life balance makes eVestment an incredible workplace where new and long-time associates... can and want to thrive.

Cons

None to mention, all very positive.

eVestment2017-01-17

"Good Company, but Over Hyped"

Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at eVestment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unlimited PTO policy was great Good work life balance Great people

Cons

Customer satisfaction lagging behind increasing sales Some teams are ruled by corporate politics and the good ole boys network They've bought into their own hype and are forming an echo chamber

Advice to Management

You're an industry leader, but that doesn't mean you're invulnerable. Listen to the good and the bad when people are willing to be honest.

eVestment2017-01-15
  9. "Great culture & mission"

I have been working at eVestment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is honestly a fantastic company to work for - and I am someone that works to live, not lives to work. The focus on client experience is inspiring and palpable. Management goes out of its way to make employees feel engaged and appreciated. There is also a great deal of autonomy and I feel trusted to make the right decisions. Even if I could have done a better job, I feel like I am given the opportunity to... hold myself accountable without feeling blamed or judged. In return, I feel loyal to the company and am motivated to excel for mutually beneficial purposes. The work life balance is amazing. So many companies say it is something they offer but very few actually mean it - eVestment does and it makes me that much more productive knowing my time is valued.

Cons

- Communication can be disjointed sometimes. Changes are always being made (which is not inherently negative) but the changes and impact on processes are sometimes not communicated to all interested parties. - The benefits (aside from PTO!) are average. I think they are moderately expensive and some are very limited (tuition reimbursement, for example).

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on client experience and employee engagement. The culture is unique and special so thank you for creating that!

eVestment2016-12-17

"Fantastic place to work and grow!"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in North Atlanta, GA

I have been working at eVestment full-time for more than a year

Pros

Two years ago, I made one of the best decisions of my life and joined eVestment. I truly enjoy my job, my teammates and the culture/environment. We have a great work/life balance. My manager and my team support each other - if someone has a life event, the rest of us pitch in to get things done. Senior Management is transparent as possible and you can tell they truly care not only about the company, but also the... people who work here. eVestment is a place where innovation and trying out new ideas is encouraged, even if the idea doesn't work out. It's a place where we would rather accomplish 90 good things than 10 perfect things. It's a place where you can accomplish some really awesome projects you are proud of - and have fun doing it.

Cons

Tight quarters in current location, but we are moving within a few months to a shiny new office with plenty of space!

Advice to Management

Continue to trust your employees. You have hired some really smart, capable people, so continue to use them as a valuable resource.

eVestment2016-03-08