Cover image for eXp Realty

Found 1,329 of over 3K reviews

4.6
eXp Realty CEO Glenn Sanford
Glenn Sanford

What people are saying about eXp Realty

Join the conversation on

Consulting

1y

works at

Deloitte

Posting this in Consulting bc I’d like this audiences take: I just got my real estate license and am looking at which brokerage to work under. My options are eXp Realty and Keller Williams. eXp has a slightly better fee structure, so it would save me $2-5K per year compared to KW, but I’ve been told some people would much rather work with a brand name like KW so that may open me to more deals (aka make up for the $2-5K) Do you feel that way when selecting an agent to help buy?

2 Comments

Real Estate

1.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=eXp Realty~907965
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about eXp Realty? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with eXp Realty employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "No office space and lagged communication with state brokers at times(in 27 reviews)
  • "Poor management, lack of communication, axed 140 employees in one room without warning.(in 17 reviews)
  • "If you need a physical office then you can rent a meeting room or just meet at a restaurant or coffee house.(in 13 reviews)
  • "Morale is in the dumpster and upper management, while very aware, does not care.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Well, on my last day of work, my supervisor had another manager in charge of firing in her office.(in 9 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of eXp Realty and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Blessed with the Best!

Apr 11, 2023 - STA Lead in Mobile, AL
    Business Outlook

Pros

eXp is an awesome company to work for! Working from home is fantastic for convenience and saving on gas money, not worrying about a commute, but most importantly the staff is fantastic. My managers above me are wonderful and so helpful and great to work with. eXp offers great benefits as well, and I feel like we are truly cared about.

Cons

I cannot think of any!

1 person found this review helpful

eXp Realty

Thank you so much for your review! I could not agree more, our team members are fantastic and our benefits are top notch. Just two amazing examples of what make us a Best Place to Work. We appreciate your positive feedback and if you would like to connect further, please reach out to us at corporatecareers@exprealty.net.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great commission split

May 27, 2023 - Realtor in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mentor program Equity share Commission split

Cons

No Office/ it is cloud based

3. Join the eXp Realty team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

New Agent Making Big Moves!

May 6, 2023 - REALTOR® in Granbury, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Mentor Program! If you are in the DFW area you want Brandy Johnson. Helpful and always there to answer questions (you will have a lot lol) -eXp World: All the resources you need at your fingertips. Take the classes, join the meetings, ask questions and be part of it. -Commission: You cant beat 80/20. After the mentor program you'll be 80/20 and that makes a huge difference. -Support: There is always someone who can help you. I have called other eXp agents and they have always been welcoming and willing to help.

Cons

I do not have any cons, this is a great brokerage. You have what you need and the people to help you so it it is up to you to get busy making your dreams happen. People will not come to you asking you to sell their house if you are not actively doing what you need to get your name out there (social media, events, pop-bys, calling people, connecting!)

eXp Realty

Thank you for your review! Our team members are our top priority and we take pride in open communication and making sure our team members feel supported. We really appreciate your feedback and if you would like to connect with us further, please reach out to us at corporatecareers@exprealty.net.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Joining eXp Realty has reinvigorated my Real Estate Career

Apr 15, 2023 - Realtor in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the cap at $16k! I previously worked at Compass and Coldwell Banker and was charged upwards of 25% of my commission (which amounted to much much more than the eXp Cap). Plus, I had to pay an E&O fee of $2,300 a year - and our in-house broker was never around at my brick amd mortar brokerages. Here at eXp I can call anytime to speak to one of many brokers they have on staff. The company culture is extremely Collaborative, and given that we connect so easily with agents in different markets, realtors are much more willing to share their best practices as they aren’t competing with you. The way eXp gives back to its agents in terms of stocks and revenues sharing is brilliant - as its in a sponsors best interest to ensure that the agents they bring on board succeed. Otherwise, no one wins.

Cons

The only con so far is their branding colors are not high end (but that will soon change with the launch of eXp Luxury) and name eXp is a little confusing for some as they don’t know what it stands for.

eXp Realty

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are so happy to hear that you enjoy being an agent at eXp!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Company on the Planet!

May 27, 2023 - REALTOR® in Fairfax, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The eXp World has allowed immediate contact with helpful staff that follow through on every question. Always helpful and positive attuites! Pay checks are deposited into my account as soon as possible. Usually within a day or two of turning in the paperwork.

Cons

Why did I not sign up sooner with eXp Realty?

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Love this company and the culture

May 5, 2023 - REALTOR® in Jersey City, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The brand is YOU. I’ve been in Real Estate for 13 years non of my clients had asked me or care about the brokerage name or who do I work for, they hired me because of me, how I help them, make them feel during the transaction. You are the brand…don’t fall for brand names, it will cost you a fortune. EXP Realty is the best in my opinion they are the ONLY brokerage that can offer you a great cap, stock option, the supportive culture, the rev share, the stock gifting this will help you and your family…Not the name of the brokerage or the certificates they give you to keep you stock!!!

Cons

You need to be focus on your business, not going to an office to gossip with others.

eXp Realty

Thank you very much for your review! We are happy to see that you are taking advantage of the amazing benefits and resources that eXp offers. We are committed to providing a great working environment and appreciate the positive feedback. If you would like to connect further, please reach out to us at corporatecareers@exprealty.net.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place To Work!!

May 17, 2023 - REALTOR® in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are in it for the long haul, join with a great sponsor and mentor and dedicate yourself to what needs to be done, you can make unlimited money! Some of the area leaders have outings, yearly parties and so much more!

Cons

Choose who you want your sponsor to be carefully and interview many of them! Some of them just want a name on a list while others are absolutely amazing!

9. 5.0

Real Estate

May 26, 2023 - Real Estate Broker in Port Angeles, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exceptional collaboration, teamwork, and income-earning potential.

Cons

Zero!! There are no cons!!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Innovation and Collaboration

May 21, 2023 - REALTOR® in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Open collaboration, supportive culture, great splits, great technology, freedom to run your business how you see fit, passive income opps, stock benefits.

Cons

Sometimes you have to wait a few hours for a broker response on weekends and evenings.

eXp Realty

Thank you for your review! We truly appreciate your feedback. Agents like you are what makes eXp unique!

11. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

May 16, 2023 - REALTOR® in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Broker responds in a timely manner. Great training. One monthly broker’s fee even if you’re licensed in multiple states. No overhead/office fees. Amazing splits. Free certifications .

Cons

No physical office location. Cloud based brokerage.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,329 Reviews
</>Embed

eXp Realty Reviews FAQs

eXp Realty has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 2,742 reviews left anonymously by employees. 93% of employees would recommend working at eXp Realty to a friend and 92% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, eXp Realty employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at eXp Realty. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

93% of eXp Realty employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated eXp Realty 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at eXp Realty to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be workplace, management.

Popular Careers with eXp Realty Job Seekers