ebizAutos Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Thomas P Dunn Jr

1. "Amazing place with amazing people!"

Current Employee - Support Director in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Support Director in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at ebizAutos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work with amazing team of support managers that always go above and beyond to help clients and do everything they can to fulfill their job duties. General attitude at ebiz is that you can approach anyone for help and that goes from top to bottom. Everyone is friendly and always willing to help each other. Being in service industry prior to eBiz I have a huge respect for management that treats small accounts with equal attention as large accounts. I have had the president get involved to help out clients no matter the size of their budget on daily basis. It is a complex industry but its nice to work with people that care equally for all of their clients

Cons

No place is perfect, but overall I can't think of any cons at this time.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

"company is going down the drain"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at ebizAutos full-time

Pros

Decent pay, free lunch once a week, average benefits, good hours, don't have to take work home with you.

Cons

The company decided to close their SLO office without trying to find any alternative solutions before closing the office. Basically no raises, below average PTO, no sick pay, poorly managed by all decision makers. If you are in support, it is almost impossible to grow within this company.

Advice to Management

Annual raises and incentives for hard work aside from making sales. Instead of closing an office down, try presenting some of the companies issues to the employees who speak to your customers.

"Great Place to work - Amazing Learning Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at ebizAutos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

eBizAutos has been a wonderful experience for me, personally and professionally. I have worked here the last four years and have gained tremendously as a result of it. Not only has my career improved significantly as a result of working here, but I also feel that my strengths as a person have improved as well. eBizAutos has taught me that to maintain a strong business, one must be willing to change, think outside the box, work with others, and always figure out the best way to solve a problem. If I could describe the last four years of working at eBizAutos, I would say that I started out as a Youngling (Star Wars) and have grown into a full Jedi Master :)

Cons

Sick time is used as PTO.

Advice to Management

Provide sick days.

5. "Casual work environment, friendly atmosphere and in the happiest city in America!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at ebizAutos full-time

Pros

Casual work environment, everyone is around the same age and same stage of life which makes for great relationships and relatability. Snacks and drinks are provided, and we have lunch provided on Tuesdays. Management does not micro-manage, and everyone is always willing to help if you need a question answered or assistance in solving a case. Ping pong and foosball are available to let off steam or take a break in the middle of the day. Overall a very positive environment to work in.

Cons

Not much room for growth from an account manager position. PTO and sick days are combined and capped at 15 days/year. PTO starts at 10 days a year until you have completed one full fiscal year, so if you are hired after January, you have to wait an upwards of 1 year and 11 months to receive the additional 5 PTO days. PTO days are "use them or lose them", and they do not roll over into the next year. High turnover rate at support level.

Advice to Management

I would suggest coming up with creative ways to reward account managers who work hard to keep good, hard workers from leaving.

6. "Laid back, fun work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at ebizAutos full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very casual and laid back place to work. All my coworkers are funny, intelligent, approachable, and eager to help with any issues. The manager is really easy to work for and also very approachable.

Cons

There isn't much room to grow in the support department. We also don't get sick days, it's taken out of your PTO.

Advice to Management

Give sick days.

"My experience at eBiz has been short so far, but enjoyable."

Current Employee - Ecommerce Analyst in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Ecommerce Analyst in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at ebizAutos full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual office environment, the company provides free snacks and beverages everyday and lunch on Tuesday. The facilities are very nice and the office equipment is up to date. The people are generally very friendly, no one in management is unapproachable. Things tend to run smoothly because it seems everyone's opinions and ideas are valued. Because the company is still relatively new and trying to define itself, you get the feeling that there's room to grow.

Cons

Unfortunately, you don't get any sick days so you're forced to use your PTO when you aren't feeling well. Additionally, there is a strange PTO policy. After you've been here for 90 days you earn 1 day per month thereafter, but you don't start earning 1.25 days per month until January 1st following your first 365 days of employment no matter when you were hired. Therefore, someone hired in February has to work significantly harder for that extra quarter day than someone who was hired in December.

Advice to Management

Clarify the PTO/Sick Day policy--thank you for the free lunch!

"A great place to work with great people!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at ebizAutos full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about working at eBizAutos are the people. I work with some of the brightest, friendliest, and driven people I have ever worked known. People here are focused and work as a team from Support, to Product Development, to the Creative Team, on up to the Executive level. I can't believe the change that has occurred since I started, all for the better. More processes have been put in place but not so much that we get bogged down and don't get anything done. eBiz continues to focus on what matters and hires people that fit in and see the common goal. We are given the freedom to do what we think is best and are also held accountable for decisions that are made and direction that is taken. Even though our customers can be challenging they also respect us and know we will take care of their needs and do what is right.

Cons

eBiz can be a very fast paced environment with changing priorities which is both a positive and a negative. Working in a get it done atmosphere is definitely a plus but can put a large amount of pressure on those involved. The counter of this is working in an overly process oriented corporate environment where nothing gets done. I much prefer the eBiz way, we just need to focus on priorities and follow through before redirecting as much as possible but then again if the business needs to change gears to generate revenue and deliver the best service and product, I am all for it as it's what makes sense.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the goals, provide clear direction to all employees, and consistent communicate is key. Make sure all teams in the different locations are communicating as that is what will make us all successful and facilitate providing the best service to our customers.

"Fantastic place to work! Full of great people and a fun and challenging job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Pros

This is an incredible place to work. Co-workers are like family, and there is a real team spirit here at eBizAutos. The job is challenging at times and you are constantly learning new and applicable skills. There are some fun perks of being an employee: ping pong tournaments, Tuesday lunches, Friday "bean bag" meetings and "anniversary" and "birthday treats" there is almost always something to celebrate here.
    Employees genuinely care about one another and many choose to spend non- work hours socializing. Most employees have families with small children and everyone knows each other well. It is a pleasure to come to work here.
    Yes, car dealers can be difficult at times but there is always a co-worker willing to listen if you need to blow off steam. Management takes a genuine interest in your ideas and feedback and works hard to make sure this is a place of career growth and opportunity.

Cons

There is a system of "PTO" days in place instead of the usual vacation and sick days. It would be great to have our current number of PTO days be converted to vacation days and also have a number of sick days available. Having small children means you usually burn through a lot of PTO just staying home with your sick kids and you don't have any vacation days left to use. PTO also doesn't accumulate on par with many other tech industry jobs.

Advice to Management

We offer a great product and we have a great team of employees that support and promote that product! I'd like to see our leadership take a more outward approach to the industry and look and see what our competitors are doing and offering and how we can do it better. There is such a great foundation here at eBizAutos and it is a pleasure to be part of such a great team.

"By far, the best office job I have ever had."

Current Employee - Support Team in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Support Team in San Luis Obispo, CA

Pros

Management is extremely receptive and open to change. It is so nice to know your hard work is appreciated, not just because management expresses it openly, but they go to bat for you to make sure you are compensated accordingly. As long as you get the job done there is never any micromanagement. The work is stimulating and challenging, which really helps the time pass. Every day I learn new skills on the job that I am able to apply to my life outside of the office. The work environment is very casual and fun and the company only hires the best and the brightest. I never thought I would say I actually enjoy coming to work at an office job, but working at eBizAutos, I really can.

Cons

Only downside is sometimes the clientele can be very negative and/or unprofessional. It can be a bit emotionally draining if you don't have a thick skin. The positive work environment easily counterbalances the negativity though.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees. You'll retain those that you value and other high-quality prospects will be attracted as we continue to grow.

"Good Job but no advancement opportunities at my position."

Current Employee - Data Collector/Photographer in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Data Collector/Photographer in Cary, NC

Pros

Set your own hours, no boss to nag you, get your work done and most dealerships will be happy. Decent pay for what you do. Long hours one day with a short day the next. Salary job and having days off because of all day rain or snow. 15 days of vacation in your second year. Good Benefits after 90 days.

Cons

Repetitive, working alone, boring, with no advancement opportunities at my position. May have to work in extreme heat and/or cold. Vehicles get pretty hot inside during the summer.

Advice to Management

Stream line the process of uploading images at the end of our days by having less clicking links and waiting for pages to load. Select all used vehicles in progress. Drop down box selecting upload images. Browse computer for each vehicle's folder of images and allow uploading and saving to live all at once.