ecalix Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Harry Sandhu

1. "Great Training, but Marketing Not as Good as Expected"

Current Employee - Business Analyst Intern in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst Intern in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at ecalix (Less than a year)

Pros

The BA trainer was very responsible and had planned the training well.

Cons

The marketing isn't as good as I expected. I feel that I am not getting a lot of Job Descriptions and Vendor Calls. Currently only two marketers are sending me job descriptions and most of the JDs I got from one of them don't match my skillset so I could apply to any of them. Basically I am only applying through one marketer right now.

Advice to Management

The other marketers should be more active helping students with OPT status.

2. "Stick around, and you will be working for Billion dollar companies"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ecalix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great Training
    -Free housing
    -Reimbursement
    -Insurance package
    -Great starting salary
    -Entry into THE most promising industry
    -H1B & GC sponsorship

Cons

- You'll become a professional liar before you know it

Advice to Management

CHANGE YOUR WEBSITE. It'll increase the quality of candidate you receive.

3. "Opens door to opportunities"

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Chicago, IL

Pros

If you're in the know about the tech industry, then this is a great company compared to other ones out there because they offer medical, dental, and vision healthcare plans to its consultants. The training is actually very good, it may not make a lot of sense to freshers but once you're in the industry, what the mentors teach will start to fall in line. As with most things in life, you get what you put into the program.

Cons

Getting your first project may be very difficult if your English communication skills are not up to par. The initial shock about resumes may deter people, but you have to realize that a lot of the industry is playing a dog and pony show for cheap labor.

Advice to Management

I respect you all, keep listening to freshers to try and meet their needs. Maybe hire better quality marketers.

"Graduates beware"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at ecalix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very easy interview and no technical questions were asked.

Cons

When I arrived at my apartment, there were 5 other employees staying there. When I got to Orientation, the staff members seemed to be unprofessional and eager to falsify our resumes with fake jobs. Overall, I felt like I was being scammed. I ended up leaving the company after one day.

6. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at ecalix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came to Ecalix in August and it has been a great experience thus far. I came not knowing what to expect as I was coming from Chicago going to California. They offered a nice apartment with a cleaning service every 10 days, great training, resume writing and job prep. They have very solid connections and are very helpful all around. They helped me through everything from training to living arrangements, tips/advice on the area and even helping me get to the interviews. After all that I landed a contract at Apple!

Great Training for Business Analysts
    Good starting pay
    Great Interview Preparation
    Good Trainers
    Helpful People
    Great Contacts
    Free rent while you train

Cons

They are aware of what needs to improve and are actively working to do so but this is what I thought about it...

Not as organized as they should be but making improvements.
    The work/life balance for training needs to improve, long hours of training but again, making improvements.
    No stipend during training.
    Have to live with multiple roommates again (back to college life for a little bit).

Advice to Management

Get more organization and solid schedules and routines. Also understand that very long hours of training can be counter-productive. Otherwise, keep making the necessary improvements and I think this company will continue to soar.

"EXCELLENT CAREER START"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ecalix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After completing my Master's in Business I was trying to get job in my state but could not find what I really wanted to do. I was referred to this Company by a friend who was successfully placed in East Coast through Ecalix, Inc. I attended the BA training and was very impressed with the trainer who has himself worked as BA for many years. It was like real time projects that we went thru and gave me very good insight to real world scenario. Attending mock interviews really gave me the confidence to face the interviewers. I enjoyed my stay and made lot of good friends.
    I think guest houses are conveniently located and well kept. I shared my guest house with 4 other candidates and we did our projects and presentations together after the class. Me and my batch mates are working on projects in different cities. Ecalix, Inc. has an excellent continuous support system and I have reached out to them a couple of times when I had some doubts on a project. I have been getting constant raises.

Cons

The training is pretty extensive and some of the topics were not relevant to my educational background.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"good on Paper but be sure to read the fine print"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Livermore, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Livermore, CA

I worked at ecalix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They provide seemingly decent training and have some connections to the business world. They also provide visas to those who need it. They have a good offer on paper but you need to be aware of the fine print.

Cons

- Terrible communication: I didn't know where I would live for the entire time I was there and accommodations changed at a moments notice
    -training felt like a sales meeting: Both trainers would try and sway employees into their classes regardless of educational background. You do need tech skills to be a QA
    -Loose morals: They tell you that you will be marketed as having 6 years experience as a QA or BA. Most people like me were fresh college graduates. They do this by having employees sign promissory notes of about 8,000 dollars. These are enforceable outside of your contract. Afterward they give you a fake resume and social media profile. They also have you sit with a marketing team and memorize answers about your fake experience.
    -Contract: I had their contract reviewed by a lawyer who specialized in this type of law. He stated that their were a number of errors and that the contract offered me no protection. They also stated that anything mentioned in email would be legally binding. Just to let you guys know that is false.
    - Predatory: They ultimately seek out international students who want to stay in the country. These people are not able to say know to some of the shadier practices listed above.

Advice to Management

Don't try to prey on those who aren't in a position to say no. Also don't give them 24 hours to get their contract reviewed.

"Eh, I wasn't too satisfied"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance in Fremont, CA

I worked at ecalix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wasn't at this company for very long. I actually stayed at the company for about a week then left. Free training and free housing were the pros. According to the information provided, you get a relocation bonus and free flight for the interview and when you get placed on the project.

Cons

There were many cons which is why I stayed for about a week. (only for training so I can't say much about the working on the projects aspect) So I applied from my college's job board, passed the interview, and came for the training.

Free housing:

Is just that. When I arrived there were I was placed in an apartment with 5 other guys. Upon arriving the room I was staying in was locked and the guy living in the room was out of town so we had to break in the room. There were clothes everywhere and a mattress on the ground, I was appalled. So, I drop my stuff and decide to get something to eat and look around town. I go and come back to find my roomie has arrived and he explains that someone is supposed to be moving in. I was already afraid, and now I'm freaking out at the thought of not having a place to stay. After a few calls I get moved to another apartment. Again, mattress on floor, really basic stuff. Upon first impression I'm not very impressed, but I traveled from a another state so I decide to stay.

I was later moved again to another apartment. In the third apartment, it was pretty dirty. Imagine living with 5 guys that do not like to clean. Dirty kitchen, sink full of dishes, clothes/junk everywhere, and again, mattress on the ground. It's really surreal if you're not used to living like that. The apartment has two rooms, so two mattress per room plus two mattresses in the living room. The third apartment didn't even have a TV. It's almost like freshman year of college, complete with those people that stay up all night playing video games. Luckily, I had a mattress in a room, so I was able to go to sleep at a decent time. But imagine having your mattress in the living room.

One of the nights while there our WiFi router stopped working. Resetting it didn't work so we went to the person over the housing. There was no compassion. She simply said that she had already had it reset and couldn't do anything. My roomie/buddy also had a question about getting moved since his mattress was in the living room. She couldn't do anything about that, stating that it was company policy. Not even a "sorry". No compassion. I talked to her three days in a row and she couldn't ever remember my name. On the last day of me staying, I returned the apartment key and she was surprised that I had key. "Oh, you were staying in the apartments?", she said.

Training:

I learned a lot from training, but it was like those college classes that your instructor reads from the PowerPoint. Except she read from a PDF. Also, after the first day of training it didn't seem to start on time. Sometimes an hour late, sometimes more. I got the impression that since our group was small that it didn't really matter the time it started. (I talked with the CEO about the time, and he offered that I come for a later training session since there will be more people in that group and they would be on-time since they couldn't possibly have a large group waiting) ...But what about the present people that were ready and willing to learn? I guess the bigger the training group, the more important.

Software:

This was a joke to me, they gave us software, one was a trial version and the other was cracked. This tested my ethics which is ultimately why I left. I couldn't have the cracked software on my conscience. In addition to this, we had to use Windows for this software, there was one guy who had a Macbook, but they didn't have any loaner laptops for him to borrow. So he had to buy a new computer. Did I mention that you're not paid during training?

Ethics:

There was some shady things like the software but that wasn't it. I learned through others that already finished the training that when you're interviewing for positions that you're to modify your resume to say that you have at least five years experience. I simply couldn't lie about something like that.

So, no paid training, no free lunch, no compassion, and shady practices. I think Ecalix is very smart in what they're doing. They're saving money as best as they can, it's ingenious. But not so good for the potential employees.

I kinda got the idea that they prey on foreigners that are currently here on a school visa since my roommates seemed to all be from another country, and I only encountered one other person while at the office that had an American accent, one of which was me.

My thought is: if you really need a job, work here but if you think you can find something better, do that. I did.

Advice to Management

Provide better housing, maybe lunch between the long training sessions, and possibly a map of things to do in Fremont during training.

"Worst experience ever. Too many lies"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Fremont, CA

I worked at ecalix full-time

Pros

They pay housing, I guess... Hard to find positive things about this place

Cons

Changes on resume
    "Prepare for interviews"
    Not prepared instructors
    Rude management
    Awful, disgusting apartments
    so many more...

Advice to Management

Bring prepared instructors, be clear on what the company does since the beginning.
    Make the accommodation apartments better cause they are really bad

"Excellent Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Newark, NJ

I have been working at ecalix full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working with Ecalix from the past 7 years as a Business Analyst. I have grown from a regular student doing Masters to a well established IT professional. All this happened coz of good support, training and guidance from Ecalix. Would highly recommend this company to work for!
    - Free training
    - Free accommodation
    - Placement
    - All time support
    - Great people!

Cons

Nothing I can think of!

Advice to Management

Would recommend the management to focus more on other types of training such as Development, Networking etc.