echogravity Reviews | Glassdoor

echogravity Reviews

5.0
Kevin OBrien

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at echogravity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance
    Great leadership
    Great company culture
    Working from home is a great perk

Cons

Working from home might not always be a great perk if you're used to socializing in an office.

Advice to Management

If possible it would be great to have more in person team meetings. Otherwise keep up the great work!

"A refreshing place to work"

I have been working at echogravity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Coworkers are genuinely invested in a team mentality and there is zero selfishness to be found. People are willing to help each other at a moment's notice.

-Nobody is breathing down your neck. You know what you have to get done and when. Need to run an errand in the middle of the afternoon? No problem, as long as you appropriately finish your work later that day / before a deadline. The flexibility is unparalleled.

-Upper management is as transparent about their decisions and goals as I've ever seen in business.

-There's always fantastic opportunities to learn about and gain experience in a different area of marketing.

Cons

If you don't have the right work ethic or personality, you may not be a fit. Working from home / remotely is not for everybody, and if someone lacks the initiative to get things done without their boss popping into their office four times a day then this company may not be for you.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow, try to keep as much of the "startup" feel and mentality as possible.

"Work hard, play hard"

I have been working at echogravity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the first job I've ever had where I can truly be myself. Here are some other reasons why I love working at echogravity:
    * Passionate, intelligent, creative team
    * Flexible, great work-life balance
    * Highly transparent leadership
    * Opportunity to take initiative and use creative license
    * No micromanagement
    * Professional development opportunities
    * Work hard, play hard
    * Recognition for hard work and achievements

Cons

echogravity has been growing quickly, so there are sometimes some challenges that come along with scaling the company, with regard to processes and responsibilities. It can be frustrating, but both leaders and the team itself acknowledge these challenges and work hard to overcome them.

Advice to Management

You've built something great; keep at it!

"Fantastic Culture"

I have been working at echogravity full-time

Pros

-Great company culture
    -Great collaboration between all teams
    -Great communication between management and employees
    -AND remote!

Cons

None. Being remote can be tough when you want to collaborate in person with a colleague, but that's hardly a con.

"I've been working here for 5 years since the company started."

I have been working at echogravity full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work at home, flexible schedules. Great company to work at, and they are the coolest co-workers ever!

Cons

I couldn't find any cons.

Advice to Management

Just keep being who you are.

"Partner"

Pros

Great people. Partners are up front with their intentions and strategy of the company. Work at home model. Family friendly company.

Cons

Need more social time, but we're working on it!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Lot's of growth ahead.

"Innovative Marketing Company with Many Future Possibilities"

Current Employee - Social Media Manager
    Current Employee - Social Media Manager

I have been working at echogravity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home is a big pro. However, it's not the only one. The people who make up this company are passionate, detail oriented, hard working marketers. The team is fantastic from every angle. The work is interesting and always changing as new platforms and trends emerge. The team is also open to ideas for new client initiatives and internally. It is exciting to see these concepts or campaigns play out. I feel like a valued member of the team. Management does a great job of listening and making changes if need be. I am excited to see how the company continues to grow and change and what additional positions we will add to the business in the future.

Cons

The biggest con of working from home is not getting to spend time face to face with other employees. I'd love to have more in-person working sessions with our employees in other offices.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Great, fast-growing company with lots of flexibility!"

Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Inbound Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at echogravity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When explaining my job to people, most of the time they can't get over the fact that I work from home and how awesome that is. And it is! But there's so much more to echogravity than that. The leadership at echogravity is great. They are responsive to any needs, work hard to be communicative and have employee's and clients best interests as their #1 priority.
    We do fun things like happy hours over Skype and most recently they provided us with gift cards to places like Starbucks and Panera to promote us to get out of the house and work from other places.
    While we do fun things and have many great flexibility benefits, we also work really hard. It's a demanding job but if you love marketing, it's fun work. Take away all the benefits and fun things I just mentioned and I still really love my job and the work that I'm doing at echogravity.
    There's lots of room to grow with this company as they expand! The possibilities are endless in working with them!

Cons

If you're not someone who is a self-starter and motivated, than working from home is probably not for you. While I consider this to be a "pro" I could see where some people just couldn't do it and thus, might be a "con".

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!