eharmony "career growth" Reviews | Glassdoor

eharmony Employee Reviews about "career growth"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great place to start your career."

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at eharmony full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment. Most of the people I worked with are my friends even outside the work place.
    Autonomy at the workplace. You can design stuff end to end, no TPM's to meddle with your tasks or stories.
    A lot of new technologies to work on. The company has a good outlook in terms of adopting new technologies that can help the business.
    You can move fast in terms of work since it's a small environment and you can reach out to people easily.
    Management is also very understanding and patient with unforeseen delays and blockers.
    Decent Perks and benefits. Free food, insurance, gym, yoga, they have a bar upstairs (open at sometimes.. :) )
    Great work life balance.

Cons

You have to patient in terms of career growth.
    I don't really see too many cons, but dating space these days is very competitive and slowly turning into a freemium market, hence I feel the company should add more features,
    And expand their reach with more products that target different market segments (like younger audience..) to grow bigger.

"do not recommend"

I have been working at eharmony full-time (More than a year)

Pros

tons of free food. good work life balance.

Cons

they are not innovative at all. the way they do things is really antiquated. they have sub standard managers. no opportunity for career growth. poor performers can hang out forever at eHarmony especially if they are in a management position.

Advice to Management

think outside the box and hire managers who are actually qualified for their job.

eharmony Response

Oct 4, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

It seems oddly coincidental that so many of the recent posts reference long-term managers (among other similar language). We’ve made many changes to management recently, so I’m curious to know if... More

"Yikes!"

I have been working at eharmony full-time

Pros

Most of the company's hires are very bright and hold lots of potential, and eHarmony pays decently in regards to the competition (although that's it - don't expect a raise afterwards). It also has all of the "fun tech things" that most Silicon Beach companies have adopted.

Cons

Despite what these fake reviews are saying (yes, someone in HR has let it slip that these are fakes), there is minimal career growth at this company. Employees are leaving in droves from every department and all ends with great reason: unless you're at the very top, no one gets actually recognized for their efforts (plus very poor management). Heck, even upper management is getting out of there.

Also, if you're someone who likes innovation and bright ideas, this is not the company for you. The company is very much into preaching and very little into actually doing.

eharmony Response

Oct 3, 2014 – Chief Operating Officer

I can appreciate your perspective. Of course, we all have different lenses through which we see things, and from my experiences here I actually have witnessed more innovation from our teams than... More

"Fantastic - wish I'd found them and worked for them 10 years ago!"

Current Employee - PR in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - PR in London, England (UK)

I have been working at eharmony full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a family feel with a start-up attitude. The org structure feels very flat, so management are open to ideas and input from all levels. It's a 'go get-em' empowering environment - which is great and gives you the motivation to do your job well and deliver that extra something special for a brand that has a bigger purpose in life - connecting people and helping them find love.

Cons

So far, so good - no cons yet. Good career growth opps; good training packages and great benefits (considerably more than in my last job e.g health, travel, gym, decent holiday allowance etc) all packaged alongside a great team.