eharmony "middle management" Reviews | Glassdoor

eharmony Employee Reviews about "middle management"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"customer service/ quality assurance"

Pros

great work/life ratio. benefits were outstanding. was able to get into different positions outside of customer service. ultimately, human resources treated me nice when i was laid off. i am grateful for that.

Cons

poor middle management. thought highly of themselves while pushing insane rules that did nothing to push company's bottom line along. ultimately the biggest con is the product itself which will no doubt cause a death spiral. with move to new ceo i shudder to think what lies ahead for those who remain. folks, you can not keep auto renewing the consumer while thinking your bottom line will not be affected. you must deliver on your promise of product or get out of business. i am happy that this company is long in my rear view mirror.

Advice to Management

get over yourselves. outside of those corporate walls, you are nothing, just another human being. quit hiring middle management based on popularity. higher more based on skill.

Aug 3, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

A couple of points I want to make in response to this. "You must deliver on the promise of your product." Completely agree. Can we do better? Yes. I've been in my role as CEO for 7 days and each of... More

"Going Nowhere"

I have been working at eharmony full-time

Pros

- There are many nice and supportive team members, and usually a collaborative environment across departments.
    - Occasional department outings and food are fun and welcome.
    - The work life balance is decent, sometimes working longer hours, but not often, and the schedules are somewhat flexible.

Cons

- Working hard and doing a good job is not always rewarded, and there are limited opportunities to advance and increase pay, especially if you're not in the right clique or given equal resources. Playing politics can help, if you're good at that game.
    - The last year has seen a lot of turnover that did not need to happen if there had been better management and vision. There is some middle management hurting the company and employees, and even after being made aware, upper management does nothing.
    - The well being and experience of the customer no longer seems to matter much to upper management. Most people at the company are aware of this, and commiserate over the resulting frustrations.
    - The development process is slow, sometimes due to excessive changes in priorities and lack of focus from middle management.

Advice to Management

- Listen to your employees, and not just the ones that say what you like.
    - Don't keep bad managers at the expense of losing many other good people and talent.
    - Keep up the perks (food, outings, med benefits, gym, etc.)

Aug 5, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

It is always a priority for us to foster a positive work environment, grow and promote staff from within, and deal with any internal or external challenges in... More

"Great environment just not in Finance Department"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at eharmony full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall eHarmony is a great place to work. There is a family type of vibe that is shared across departments. The CEO is down to earth and super friendly. The perks and the insurance are both great. The pay is competitive with others in the field.

Cons

I have worked in several different Finance Departments but this one was absolutely hands down the worst. The middle management in this department has ran most of the good qualified people away by not treating the employees fairly. They are counter productive to the type of environment the CEO is trying to create.

Aug 6, 2015 – Chief Operating Officer

I appreciate your thoughtful comments. We really have tried to cultivate a fair, relaxed and positive environment for everyone in every single department. I hope you felt comfortable to share your... More