eharmony "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

eharmony Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Going Nowhere"

I have been working at eharmony full-time

Pros

- There are many nice and supportive team members, and usually a collaborative environment across departments.
    - Occasional department outings and food are fun and welcome.
    - The work life balance is decent, sometimes working longer hours, but not often, and the schedules are somewhat flexible.

Cons

- Working hard and doing a good job is not always rewarded, and there are limited opportunities to advance and increase pay, especially if you're not in the right clique or given equal resources. Playing politics can help, if you're good at that game.
    - The last year has seen a lot of turnover that did not need to happen if there had been better management and vision. There is some middle management hurting the company and employees, and even after being made aware, upper management does nothing.
    - The well being and experience of the customer no longer seems to matter much to upper management. Most people at the company are aware of this, and commiserate over the resulting frustrations.
    - The development process is slow, sometimes due to excessive changes in priorities and lack of focus from middle management.

Advice to Management

- Listen to your employees, and not just the ones that say what you like.
    - Don't keep bad managers at the expense of losing many other good people and talent.
    - Keep up the perks (food, outings, med benefits, gym, etc.)

eharmony Response

Aug 5, 2016 – Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

It is always a priority for us to foster a positive work environment, grow and promote staff from within, and deal with any internal or external challenges in... More

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Some nice benefits including free lunch once a week; free bagels once a month; and free snacks every day.

Cons

Very cliquish; extremely legalistic and upper management acts cult-like.
    Huge amount of self-congratulaions - as if whole identiy is on doing well.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves.
    Great amount of power-tripping going on.

"Great company, some difficult management"

Current Employee - Director, Data Science in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Data Science in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at eharmony (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, values, and technology stack. Great perks, and mostly surrounded by very smart people who challenge my way of thinking.

Cons

Upper management needs to be some more in touch with employees. Can be difficult to get your voice heard if you are not persistent.

Advice to Management

Keep in sync with employees. Make sure to always provide a growth path. Neil is great and acts like everyone's favorite grandfather.

"Yikes!"

I have been working at eharmony full-time

Pros

Most of the company's hires are very bright and hold lots of potential, and eHarmony pays decently in regards to the competition (although that's it - don't expect a raise afterwards). It also has all of the "fun tech things" that most Silicon Beach companies have adopted.

Cons

Despite what these fake reviews are saying (yes, someone in HR has let it slip that these are fakes), there is minimal career growth at this company. Employees are leaving in droves from every department and all ends with great reason: unless you're at the very top, no one gets actually recognized for their efforts (plus very poor management). Heck, even upper management is getting out of there.

Also, if you're someone who likes innovation and bright ideas, this is not the company for you. The company is very much into preaching and very little into actually doing.

eharmony Response

Oct 3, 2014 – Chief Operating Officer

I can appreciate your perspective. Of course, we all have different lenses through which we see things, and from my experiences here I actually have witnessed more innovation from our teams than... More