emarsys Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 19 reviews

4.3
emarsys CEO Ohad Hecht
Ohad Hecht

"a company that cares about its employees"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in London, KY

I worked at emarsys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Onboarding process: Knowing very little about the marketing industry, I felt encouraged and confident as I was going through my onboarding. Management: Without having met the top management in person, I genuinely felt the positive vibe coming from the top. This came in form of internal communications, introduction videos and a relaxed middle management attitude. People: The London team is culturally diverse and... on average quite young. I got on well with the different characters and forged some early friendships. I was made to feel welcome from day one and also felt a part of the team. Office: Fully serviced and modern office, they day to day is quite comfortable and employees are well looked after - almost pampered!

Cons

work/life balance: While you can work from home and under emergency circumstances the management is understanding, there is certainly less flexibility compared to my previous employers. I felt that I was treated more as a junior associate than an adult when it came balancing my office/home working hours. As an example, it was more an exceptional circumstance when I needed to come in half hour late to drop kids to... school because my other half couldn't. That set the tone quite early for me and I relied more on my other half to get that flexibility from her employer.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Based on my experience I believe the company, people and culture are heading in the right direction - nothing is obviously perfect but there is little to be critical of at Emarsys

emarsys2018-02-20
  2. "Client Services Technical Support 2nd Tier"

Current Employee - Client Services Technical Support Second Tier in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at emarsys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful atmosphere, cheerful and functional workspace.

Cons

No cons so far. I love it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

emarsys2017-12-11

May 21, 2018Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for the kind words about Emarsys. It is good to hear that the work environment and atmosphere in our U.S. office is top notch! If you have any further feedback to share please email us at HR-US@emarsys.com. -Emarsys HR Team

"Global company, leader in the industry with unlimited potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at emarsys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being part of a company that recently came to the states, but has been around for quite sometime is extremely exciting. There is so much potential for growth and things can only get better from here. Being part of a matrix organization is an excellent growth opportunity for those that are interested in improving as professionals and allows you to learn many things about business in a relatively short amount of time.... Employees are extremely professional, open and collaboration across teams is highly encouraged and practiced at all levels.

Cons

With many things changing so quickly, there is a lack of quality explanation as to why certain things are being done. The global headquarters located in Vienna sometimes forgets we have multiple offices and make their decisions solely off of what works best for their office without thoroughly vetting if this is what is best for all offices.

Advice to Management

Keep the transparency going and make sure you do a better job of managing change throughout the organization

emarsys2017-12-21

February 9, 2018Internal Recruiter

Thank you for continuing your career with Emarsys and providing us with valuable feedback. As a global organization, we pride ourselves on providing our employees with unlimited opportunities to learn from those in their office as well as in other offices. As a company globally headquartered in Europe we do our best to maintain our culture and work styles while also be cognizant of the culture and styles of others. We will continue to dedicate time to improving communication and embracing culture difference throughout our organization. If you have any additional comments feel free to reach out to us at hr-us@emarsys.com -Emarsys HR Team

4. "Recent Hire"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at emarsys full-time

Pros

I had a very positive experience interviewing for a position at the North American office in Indianapolis and among other opportunities was excited to accept. Their Talent group is extremely knowledgeable about each of the roles they are screening for, the actual cloud products and the competitive landscape. I gathered that they talent enthusiasm for the company as a priority for candidates and was impressed by the... welcoming faces I met when I came into the office! My interview experience consisted of a phone screen, call with the hiring manager and then two final in-person interviews with future team members. Overall, positive experience and an incredibly smart and innovative group of people!

Cons

The only con I have is that because of the high volume of applicants and growth of the company, scheduling was a small pain point but the company was accommodating. They may find using a talent tool for online scheduling could help with the high volume!

Advice to Management

Very talented group of people that are invested in the company. Keep of the great culture and you will never see turnover! Well done

emarsys2017-10-23
  5. "Fantastic company that believe strongly in employee growth"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at emarsys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits including parking, cell, and gym reimbursement. Service department is very focused on employee growth and promoting within. Innovative product and growing rapidly.

Cons

Sales department is not very open to promoting entry level employees. Some sales managers are just plain bad. Since the company is growing so rapidly, sometimes it is hard to keep up hiring with the work needed to get done.

Advice to Management

Sales department needs to be more open to employee ideas.

emarsys2017-04-15

"Success feels inevitable."

Current Employee - Sol Arc in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at emarsys full-time for less than a year

Pros

There is unmistakable passion and desire to succeed from everyone here, starting with the president all the way throughout the building. There is a drive to provide solutions that make customers happy, and everyone is encouraged to go the 'extra mile'. Great atmosphere.

Cons

The cons are logistical in nature. Working downtown is expensive, and the commute can be hectic.

Advice to Management

Try to always maintain the same level of openness and direct communication with the staff. In my short time here, I have truly enjoyed the interaction with management, and although not scalable to the current levels when the inevitable exponential growth happens, I hope we find the ability to maintain some level of personal interaction.

emarsys2017-03-20

"Archaic, Overly sales driven culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at emarsys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product and development team Opportunity for growth

Cons

Sales is still extremely old school. Very much a hit and hope approach with sales. Too much turnover in marketing means that the company brand in the US is non existent US Management is trying to replicate ExactTarget circa 2010, where most of the staff is from. Exec team is quite autocratic

Advice to Management

Develop a more sophisticated sales structure combining with marketing, lead gen and advanced sales tools.

emarsys2017-02-17

February 24, 2017Internal Recruiter

Thank you for your response we appreciate any and all feedback. As a company in a high growth phase we have the ability to be agile in our approach, but know that there are many areas of opportunity for the North American Market. Though we have a global sales structure, we have the flexibility to adapt our style to the needs of the market. We have just completed our first full year in the market and are getting best practices in place. That being said, we are always looking to innovate and are open to any new ideas our employees are willing to share, either current or former. If you would be willing to provide additional feedback, please reach out to us at careers_us@emarsys.com

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at emarsys full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Amazing work culture - Great work-life balance - Everything flows from top whether bad or good. The president (Sean Brady) is a great leader and highly motivated which brings a lot of positive energy in the team. - Exceptional; best-of-talent colleagues - Flexible working hours - Trust in employees - Clear direction and communication from upper management - Top notch workplace for Marketing Cloud... professionals - Good benefits

Cons

Keeping up with the names of new employees as we continue our fast growth... Honestly, there are no cons thus far. Everyone here is super nice, supportive, helpful and focused on delivering world-class marketing solutions, products, and services Emarsys has to offer.

Advice to Management

- Stay the course and keep doing what you're doing. We can't ask for more. - As the company grows, make sure to protect and keep the Culture. - Continue hiring skilled, enthusiastic, and energetic talent.

emarsys2016-12-30

"Empowering Clients and Employees"

SDR in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at emarsys

Pros

Investment in employees, growth opportunities, CEO visits every desk when in town, flexible / family atmosphere. Work hard, play hard!

Cons

Growing start up, process and procedures being developed as we grow, tough to get name recognition, activity driven, numbers heavy.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in current employees. Provide special projects to see where people excel outside of current role.

emarsys2016-11-22
  10. "Great environement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna

I have been working at emarsys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to develop yourself , make friends and have fun while working.

Cons

Even tough the salaries are quite low they somehow manage to bring the best people in. If you are good at what you do , don't sell yourself cheap.

emarsys2019-10-10