emarsys Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 25, 2018

5.0
emarsys CEO Ohad Hecht
Ohad Hecht
  1. "Just accepted an offer in November"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at emarsys full-time for less than a year

Pros

The interview process was one of the more smooth and transparent interviews I've been part of. From the recruiter to the leadership, everybody was professional and welcoming. They challenged me with a 20-30 minute sales presentation. This project I felt was appropriate, as it allowed me to research the company and get an idea of the type of work I'd be doing. The company, culture and interview process are all top... class and I'm excited to begin my new career with Emarsys.

Cons

They made me sweat it out a bit waiting for the offer. I ended up reaching out to the hiring manager after a few days because I was convinced this is where I wanted to be. Not really a CON in my eyes just hoping other applicants understand to reach out and go get what you truly want for yourself.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I have friends in Indy's tech community and they all had strong positive outlooks on Emarsys.

emarsys2018-11-25

December 3, 2018Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback! It is important for us to deliver a positive experience at each step of the candidate journey and continue this high quality of service during your Onboarding process and beyond. If you'd like to provide further feedback as you continue your career with us, feel free to reach out to us at HR-US@emarsys.com. -US HR Team

"Great hiring process, awesome technology, excellent culture!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sydney

I have been working at emarsys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Couldn't be a more exciting time right now to work with one of the world's leading marketing automation providers as they are building their footprint in Australia and New Zealand. There have been some huge wins in the last few years since establishing themselves and hiring the right talent has been key. Interview process was quick and they are keen to get the right people on board to grow the business in the... region.

Cons

Not as well known as they would like to be at the moment, but they are growing market share rapidly.

emarsys2018-07-02

July 9, 2018Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for sharing your experience with Emarsys thus far as we continue to build our brand in APAC. It is great to hear when our positive candidate experience converts into a positive employee experience. Like many companies entering into new markets, it can be challenging to quickly build brand awareness. We are continuing to put an emphasis on marketing and events to ensure we are in front of the right prospects/customers at the right time. If you have any further feedback to share please email us hr-aus@emarsys.com. -Emarsys HR Team

"Great Product - Great People"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England

I worked at emarsys full-time for more than a year

Pros

Emarsys has got a truly unique product within the crowded Marketing Cloud / ESP space. It sits between the 'Big Four' and dozens of local providers with some cool stories to tell. Amazing customers which are great for referencing. Great team. They work hard for each other and there is great camaraderie. Top group of people who make going into work good fun. Management look after direct reports and there is huge... amounts of scope for CPD and learning. The learning opportunities are great.

Cons

As they no longer offer options it's very much a 'job', so when the exec team talk about building something it's hard to get behind.

Advice to Management

More independence / trust needs to be given to employees to do their job outside of the office environment. A little more freedom would go a long way. More 'hands on' during on-boarding. Less time reading online lessons and more time in the field and tech learning.

emarsys2018-06-21

July 16, 2018Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for the feedback and we appreciate the time that you spent with us as an Emarsys employee. At Emarsys, providing innovative solutions for our clients will always be at the center of our business. To create the best solutions for our clients, we invest 25% of all revenue back into the development of our products. As technology changes and the market gets more competitive, we’ll continue investing in our product to ensure the future success of our clients. Additionally, we do our best to create environments in our offices globally to encourage innovate teams. We are constantly seeking out ways to improve the employee experience. If you would be willing to provide additional feedback on this topic, please reach out to the local HR Team at HR-UK@emarsys.com. -Emarsys HR Team

"Exciting company with great people and lots of opportunity"

Sales in London, England

I have been working at emarsys for more than a year

Pros

Really great company culture - very friendly atmosphere. Lots of people have been in the business for a long time and have been promoted for their success, which is great to see. Supportive leadership. For a tech business, there are a lot of women and social groups like 'Women at Emarsys' make it very empowering. Management is really listening to the business and over the last year have been increasingly open about... changes in the company and business strategy. The benefits in London improved significantly at the beginning of 2018 with increased holiday, healthcare and local discounts.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but hard work is expected and can sometimes impact life balance. On the plus side, its work you want to do and are well recognised and rewarded for.

Advice to Management

Keep the open communication and focus on culture!

emarsys2018-03-26
  5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at emarsys full-time for less than a year

Pros

Emarsys is genuinely trying to be a great company. There are things they get wrong (and communication could sometimes be better) but the leadership and management are really motivated and always available to help.

Cons

Career development is unstructured - not necessarily a con - but I would prefer a bit more structure

Advice to Management

Please keep on investing in the technology and people.

emarsys2017-10-19

"Sales Manager Emarsys Review"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in London, England

I worked at emarsys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Differentiated and exciting technology - Good reputation with existing clients - Good structure of sales support and training

Cons

- Commission structure looks good on paper however, very few individuals hit target in my time there so very few could benefit from the accelerated commission levels. - Culture and communication can be immature, misogynistic and unprofessional. - Some aspects of the stack are now "vaporware" - Implementation was an ongoing concern, maybe they have fixed since my time.

Advice to Management

I think they're doing all the right things, investing in brand and support/implementation roles. Maybe they have worked on fixing culture issues in the London office since my time there.

emarsys2017-10-12

November 9, 2017Internal Recruiter

First and foremost, thank you for the time that you committed to being an Emarsys employee and contributing to our sales team. As one of our core values We Always Innovate and Employee Satisfaction Surveys helps us to identify our areas of opportunity. This year 79% of Emarsys employees participated in the survey this year by rating and commenting on various aspect of Emarsys. We are finishing our analysis of the results, which we will be sharing with our employees in December. 25 % of our revenue each year is invested into Research & Development, which helps us to continue to improve our product and adapt to our ever changing customer needs. Globally, our implementation teams successfully implemented a record number of projects in Q3 of 2017 and the UK team based in the London office led the charge. If you would like to know more about current initiatives in our London office, please drop a note to our HR team who will be happy to assist – you can reach us at any time at hr_uk@emarsys.com. - Emarsys HR Team

"David vs Goliath - and I love it"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sydney

I have been working at emarsys full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team is so tight that we truly are working together so we have a great work environment. These is then spread to our customers as they are getting the best experience from sales to support. Work Life balance is very good. amazing management team.

Cons

No Company Credit Card, so you need to pay for any expenses yourself and then reimburse. not a major issue, just can be inconvenient. Would prefer the team to work in the office to create energy.

Advice to Management

Look into AMEX

emarsys2017-02-07
  8. "One of the best companies and technologies"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Manager in Moscow

I have been working at emarsys full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast growing market, each year a major release, great people, great atmosphere. Like the possibility of having direct contact to management, which is not common for many businesses

Cons

Really no cons in five years. Love the company

Advice to Management

All well, thanks

emarsys2017-02-01

"Great Company and product. Multicultural and friendly environment"

Sales Department in London, England

I worked at emarsys for more than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, people are very friendly and professional. All levels of Management approachable. Although the company is growing, they still keep start-up culture. In my view, excellent time to join the company, it´s growing fast and they have new tools, training and processes in place to help you to succeed and develop your skills and career. The product is good, in constant improvement and a competitive... roadmap in place so it´s not a “hard sell”. I have worked in the Inside Sales Department. In contrast to other companies’ sales departments, the company follows a no micromanagement policy and encourages team work. Not only you have autonomy and flexibility to work but you can also ask for support from your Manager when you need it. Great team to work with Targets are fairly achievable. If you hit them you could progress regardless your background. Perks: Pension plan, health insurance, gym, free fruit and coffee and on Fridays “beer time” They also have a pool, a ping-pong table!

Cons

Like in every company is growing fast and making changes, there might be times of “pain” to adapt to new developments. Nonetheless, I believe the changes are in the right direction therefore beneficial for all in the end.

Advice to Management

People are the best asset for the company and the facilitator to improve and progress. Keep an eye to those ones you value the most to make sure they don´t leave. Pay closer attention to discreet employees that have potential and skills to add value to your company and you might not have noticed them yet.

emarsys2016-06-20

"Sales Department"

Sales Manager in Dubai

I worked at emarsys

Pros

Great tech , Complicated for new people just joined the company in within the sales department and they are trying to understand the product and sell at the same time . Continuous investing to improve the tech side.

Cons

I don't recommend at all working with emarsys . Great technology and few great people you get to meet in the company . Beside that I had very bad experience working for them that even effected my career path. 0 product training and 0 effort to make you understand their technology. No wonder few people before and after me left the organisation after they felt the pressure . There's no brand awareness for emerging... markets

Advice to Management

Invest on your people

emarsys2016-07-17

July 21, 2016HR Manager

We’re sorry to hear that your experience at Emarsys wasn’t as good as we hoped. One of our continuous efforts, aside from the investment in technology as you mention in your comment, is our investment in employee training & development; whether through the unique on-boarding plan we have for each department or our comprehensive Emarsys Academy to regular Lunch & Learn sessions and external courses. We’d love to meet up to discuss the issues you encountered. Please contact Zuzana from our HR Team to arrange, hr_uk@emarsys.com. We look forward to hearing from you! Best Regards, Emarsys HR Team

Found 1 review