enVista Reviews | Glassdoor

enVista Senior Managing Partner | President, CEO Jim Barnes
Jim Barnes

1. "Great Culture"

I have been working at enVista full-time

Pros

Young and laid back environment

Cons

Sometimes travel is too much

"Not enThused or enSpired with enVista"

Former Employee - Management in Carmel, IN
    Former Employee - Management in Carmel, IN

I worked at enVista full-time

Pros

- Energetic CEO. He makes a lot happen.
    - Some good people onboard.
    - Sales pipeline seems due in large part to frenetic efforts of the CEO.
    - Good place to work if you are highly ambitious, want a lot of experience and are willing to work long hours with not much time for the rest of your life.

Cons

- Some execs are actually just bad people. Screaming/swearing at employees, management-by-fear, lacking basic social etiquette.
    - They often take on work that they haven't adequately vetted or scoped, because the mantra is to "make it happen". Incorrect expectations set up front with clients lead to client disappointment later.
    - Clear expectation of long work hours whether in consulting or in development. They reap the profits of the additional billable hours in consulting at your expense.
    - CEO make a lot happen, but also drops a lot of balls. He tries REALLY hard (it's exhausting to watch him), but he's mostly chasing deals instead of setting up good systems. I saw a LOT of money lost because basic sound financial/management operations weren't in place.
    - Too much happens based only on the ever-changing whims of the CEO.
    - Not enough systems and processes in place for a company this size. Too many expectations go unmet and opportunities unnecessarily lost.
    - Many employees (in my teams) were not even A or B-players. Mostly C or lower.
    - Despite the corporate-speak otherwise, the different business units operate mostly as silos.
    - Not a good place to work if you have a family and young kids (CEO doesn't have kids. The business is his baby. So I think he has a hard time relating). Some people with families do make it work somehow (mostly those that have been life-long consultants).
    - Promotions have the appearance of being doled out based largely on how well you get along with the good-ole-boys of the entrenched management team.
    - I saw many good people leave recently because they were frustrated with poor executive decisions and uninspiring project conditions.
    - Cannot have a conversation with the CEO without him frantically checking his phone or getting distracted.

Advice to Management

- Think about what would happen if the CEO got hit by a bus. Do you have the right people and practices in place to survive? I would say "no".
    - Hire A/B-players. Cut the C/D players. Most A/B players won't tolerate working with dummys and slackers for long.
    - Shift your focus from growth-for-growth's-sake at all cost. Instead, focus on providing a better value to clients and employees (the profit will follow).
    - Stop seeing your business as separate units. Create a culture that builds coordination and cooperation between these teams.

"Overall a good place to work"

I worked at enVista full-time

Pros

Great culture. Positive work environment. Goal inspired company led by people who genuinely care about those working there.

Cons

Low starting salary in some roles. Some of the younger employees work long hours. You have to earn your keep. Not necessarily a con.

Advice to Management

Keep the small company, goal-driven mentality. There are a lot of hard working individuals, and a few that are not. Promote/encourage those that put in effort.

5. "Challenging, rewarding, and the best place I've worked"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Carmel, IN

I have been working at enVista full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The leadership truly believe in making enVista a great place to work, and succeed at it.
    The environment, the people, and the culture are truly a sum of enVista's Guiding Principles. (Google it, Bing it, whatever... look up enVista's Guiding Principles on the website)
    I truly admire that the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well.
    enVista is a place where one comes to 'ride the big wave' with their career. If one is looking to wade in the proverbial 'career kiddie pool', its isn't a good match. The reason? Its a fast-moving, professional tech environment built on accountability that enables rapid learning, quality, and true teamwork. Working with some of the most talented people in the industry has definitely challenged me to improve with dignity and become a sharper version of myself.

Cons

As enVista has grown with success over the years, some of the small company feel has faded.
    I'm really struggling to think of tangible 'cons'.
    Perhaps the lack of an in-house gourmet organic taco bar is a con.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be for them to continue the course of innovating, improving, and solidifying the enVista enterprise.
    enVista really is a solid place to work.
    Perhaps bringing in a gourmet organic taco bar would be a big plus, because who doesn't like tacos?

6. "Growing Pains but a Great Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Carmel, IN

I have been working at enVista full-time

Pros

I've been working at enVista for over 3 years
    +Competitive compensation package to others in the industry
    + Working 100% remote
    + Great leadership from manager and up
    + If you are a top performer, you are treated as a valuable asset
    + Great environment. I've been at 3 other companies and this is by far the best

Cons

- Healthcare isn't that great.
    - Sometimes people who shouldn't be promoted do because of favoritism. Regardless of what you've told management they somehow sneak through.
    - Had to fight hard for a mediocre increase in salary last year, left a bitter taste but got it so let it go.

Advice to Management

Cut the fat, provide more resources for good/top performers, and take their opinions on internal office politics to heart.

"A company always looking to make it happen"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

I worked at enVista full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Comprehensive supply chain service offering, fast paced growth orientation, young workforce and spirit, willing to take on entrepreneurial risk.

Cons

The multiple business units work as separate silos, not leveraging synergy opportunities. Certain groups have more clout than others in resource allocation.

"Lack of company culture. Male dominated. Too much travel."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at enVista full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The biggest pro is definitely the ability to work remotely. They also have a decent PTO policy and just started offering a sabbatical program if you stay for 7 years.

Cons

The only reason I worked here for 5 years was to follow my spouse around the country while he pursued his graduate degree and not have to look for a new job each time we moved. Once we settled down I started looking for a new job immediately. Promotions and raises to management roles only happen if you ask and also the following must be true: A) you work at the home office B) you are a male and C) you schmooze with execs by being knowledgable about golf, IU basketball, the Colts, etc. Was only offered a raise after putting in my 2 weeks notice (I had asked for one 5 months prior).

The lack (there are ZERO) of women in leadership roles in the supply chain BU is embarrassing for enVista. Be prepared to work with contract employees if you are consulting. The last few years they have been so desperate for experienced employees that I'm pretty sure just having the words "Manhattan WMS" on your resume gets you an automatic job offer.

I only enjoyed working with 1 client during my time at enVista. They used to be somewhat picky about who they did business with and only sign SOWs with clients whose culture mirrored enVista's. This practice stopped in about 2014.

"Not a good internship for a resume"

Pros

Flexible with student school schedules.

Cons

The company as a whole is very cliqueish.They only want a certain type of people working for them.

"High hours low pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

I worked at enVista full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Younger workforce, exposure to client work, sometimes go out of their way to create a "fun" workplace. Insurance is good.

Cons

Very long hours expected- seeing coworkers sleep in the office is not unheard of, neither is staying well into the night. Pay is significantly lower than competitors. Cliques are predominant and politics run rampant. If you want to earn $40k and work 70+ hours, you might like it here. Oh, and you will be judged and passed over for promotions if you don't keep up with the hours.

"Business partner"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Pros

None that is working now-the model is Wal mart-long Hours -lower pay-reduction of any benefits--elitist managers and robotic associates-when they go public buy

Cons

The reason why is because your founder used to be at Wal mart-get ready folks--it's gonna get a lot worse-good luck

Advice to Management

Don't be like Wal mart!!