engage:BDR Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Top Company to work for in Los Angeles"

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time

Pros

Worked for many companies with famous and prestigious names so my bases of comparison is substantial, reputable, and knowledgeable. EngageBDR's workforce is comprised of many brilliant industry leaders in their fields. Being amongst and learning from them is a true inspiration, humbling experience, and tremendous opportunity for growth. We feel very grateful to be a part of this family and company. Management has been very generous with sharing their knowledge, time, help, compassion, and generosity. We are proud to have the privilege of working there. Flexible scheduling, great health benefits, beautiful offices, snacks, and a pet friendly environment provide an amazing compensation package.

Cons

The generosity of the company provided snacks (healthy options are provided) have resulted in weight gain for several of us with out enough self discipline. We need to take more ownership of our health and exercise.

Advice to Management

Thank you for creating and sustaining EngageBDR, we are a thriving, unique, and organic team to be proud of. We 100% support you with a happy and energetic heart and mind. Success and victory are our goals as well. Keep dreaming and leading us to new heights!

"Dedication and Grit"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are highly dedicated- I never worked with such a dedicated group of employees. We can accomplish anything. #3 best place to work during one of our most challenging years- that says A LOT about the team work, dedication and culture. People like solving problems and jump right in. Collaboration and communication is at a high. There is no hierarchy. Everyone's ideas are considered equal and we ask for criticism on products and process Bc it makes us stronger. Conflict is seen as an opportunity to strengthen the company and we face it head on.

Cons

Everyone wants different things out of their work and in there careers.
    To work for a start-up going towards an IPO, it takes a certain type of person who loves and lives to work hard, cares deeply, has strong internal drive, and possesses a high level of grit. It's not for everyone. If you are looking for a punch in punch out job, this isn't for you. But if you are looking for an exciting job- an exciting life- where everything you do has results and you have the freedom to succeed (or fail)- and you love setting and crushing goals- this is your place.

Advice to Management

As we grow, continue to keep communication strong.

"You"

Current Employee - CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER in West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - CHIEF MARKETING OFFICER in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Efficient, quick response team
    -Great leadership
    -Welcoming atmosphere
    -Unlimited vacation + company perks

Cons

-Dont have any cons working here

"Great place to start a career in adtech"

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time

Pros

If you are trying to start a career in adtech, engage is the place that you should come to work. Great team to work with. Flexible work schedule and awesome employee insurance and benefits. Dog friendly office and comfortable work environment.

Cons

May get very busy sometimes which requires employee’s good stress management.

"Satisfied"

Former Employee - Senior Director in West Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Director in West Hollywood, CA

I worked at engage:BDR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- the company took a chance on me with my little experience level but they recognized my drive and passion
    - I grew my career and was allowed to blossom with engage:BDR
    - unparalleled camaraderie
    - beautiful office with many amenities
    - the feeling of walking into an office knowing you're fully supported with everyone working hard towards a common goal
    - my ideas being taken seriously and making a positive impact on the company's revenue
    - exciting field to be part of

Cons

- good companies are not static as people would like them to be. They're dynamic and engage:BDR is always a step ahead of the industry, which can make some employees angry/insecure because everyone wants to feel like an expert. They leave jaded reviews because of this bias which I hope doesn't scare good candidates away. Keep in mind some people are bitter for personal reasons and unfairly place blame.

Advice to Management

- recognize/nurture/cultivate actions and behavior you want emulated not the people who complain and don't know how to manage/transform their stress into something positive. This needs to be identified and dealt with faster, not left to fester. Some people feign loyalty, knowledgeablity, and dedication with this tactic and it seems to work for promotions of pay, job titles, and entry into the inner circle but it does little for those around them with optimistic attitudes who don't let stressors get them down and who truly believe in the company.
     - I only write the above as an observation. I sincerely care about this company and want to give my small piece of advice. I want to see engage:BDR transform into the world dominating tech behemoth it deserves to be.

"Engagebdr has become my second family!!!"

Current Employee - Ad Operations in West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Ad Operations in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pros
    -Efficient
    -Driven
    -Hungry to succeed as one
    -They focus on mind growth rather than mindset where every opinion is valuable
    -Dog friendly
    -Great leadership
    -Great team effort
    -Welcoming and very positive atmosphere
    -Unlimited vacation
    - Meditation room is provided for relaxation

Cons

Cons - None to share

7. "Excellent work environment"

Pros

Excellent team
    Innovative
    Good career growth opportunities
    Fun work environment
    Pet friendly
    Manage works with you close to understand your strengths and problems and help you grow with the company

Cons

None to share . . . Will update as I find any cons to report for this company. So far I haven't found any.

8. "Stop forcing your employees to write positive reviews"

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time

Pros

I get a paycheck every two weeks and free parking

Cons

forced to write positive reviews here by upper management. also, we need to pay our supply partners so they stop emailing us (this is not a trade secret since it's open on social networks)

Advice to Management

pay your bills

9. "You've Been Warned"

I worked at engage:BDR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Beautiful office space looking over LA. Pet Friendly.

Cons

Like many have said before, positive reviews are more than likely solicited by Upper Management. CEO is more concerned with his image: collecting fancy cars and homes than what is actually happening at his own company. Sends the wrong message when you go through layoffs then have a brand new $100k+ car the next week. Have heard multiple complaints from vendors not getting paid, making your job virtually impossible and putting your own reputation on the line.

Advice to Management

Pay your publishers and think of a long term strategy.

"Great Value Proposition for Agencies"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in West Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in West Hollywood, CA

I worked at engage:BDR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not surprised at all that Engage:BDR is rated #3 overall best place to work by Los Angeles Business Journal for 2016. That certainly was my experience. The environment is very positive.

Whatever side of the business you work, from sales to publisher development, to RTB, to account management - you can completely believe in the value being provided to agencies and their major marketers. With blended campaigns, Engage will deliver premium inventory with Comscore 200 publishers, always above the fold and 1st-5th impressions. Adding in RTB highly customized to target demographics, the effective CPM is a strong performer. With the continual watch of account management to optimize, every account should test with some portion of the budget, then scale up as results show.

Great leadership and collegiate environment are great working attributes.

Cons

For awhile the free gourmet lunches were suspended, but is that really a con? And maybe they are back.

Advice to Management

Keep posting interviews and white papers showing leading thinking in the entire digital realm.