engage:BDR Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

"Great Working Experience"

Former Employee - Brand Sales Manager in West Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Brand Sales Manager in West Hollywood, CA

I worked at engage:BDR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great selling environment in which I was given the freedom to pursue new business in all ways that worked best. Had strong support all the way up to the CEO level, and also with Publisher Development and Account Management. Company has been building a strong reputation in the Los Angeles advertising agency community.

Good learning experience as well, as Engage BDR is continually striving to advance its platforms and capabilities.

Cons

Very congested traffic all around office area that can take quite a commute if you do not live in WeHo \ Beverly Hills area.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing and building.

"New Employees Beware"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I worked at engage:BDR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros. This place should be out of business.

Cons

Engage:BDR has a habit of tricking good people to join their organization. Please read all negative comments before making a decision about joining this company. As mentioned in other posts, Engage will try to bury negative reviews with fake reviews. Note dates of negative reviews vs positive reviews. Don't make the same mistake many of us already made.

"Pathetic."

Pros

You will definitely be the smartest person in the company on your first day. You will also get really good at lying to people because the company needs to lie to publishers and demand partners in order to run any business. They do fly remote employees out to the West Hollywood office, but since the company has no money you will have 50 layovers.

Cons

I need to comment on the most recent review as well. They offer unlimited vacation days, but don't let you take them, and by offering unlimited vacation time, if you quit or are fired they don't have to pay you for your accrued vacation time. Every thing they do for employees is in place to benefit themselves.

The company tells people to post fake glassdoor reviews. Look at every negative post by an employee, and you will see it is followed up by 3-5 reviews talking about how working there is the greatest thing that will ever happen to you. There have been 4 fake reviews posted in the past 2 days.

The CEO doesnt even know what his company does. He builds platforms specifically engineered to bypass IAB regulations,.

Also, you will NEVER get a commission check. An email was sent out in Q1 explaining that money is tight so no one will get their commissions.

Advice to Management

No one likes you our your horrible mandatory hour long daily all hands meetings where EVERYONE in the company talks about what they are doing today.

"Nepostistic Cauldron of Lies"

I worked at engage:BDR full-time

Pros

You'll make some friends, who will be your friends because misery is company.

Cons

Where do I begin? The prior post prompted me to write in , because I couldn't agree more. Every. Single. Word.

The worst part is watching Upper Management drive into work revving engines of super cars, while refusing to treat anyone outside of the small 'inner circle' with appropriate pay or consideration, all while expecting them to hawk Engage's poor excuse for proprietary adtech.

Advice to Management

Get down in the dirt with the people who are holding the company together with their bare hands.

"Awesome Workplace!"

Current Employee - Account Manager, Publisher Development in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager, Publisher Development in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great knowledgeable co-workers who always take the time to help in anyway they can. Jumping right into my role - it was clearly defined with reachable goals providing all the necessary support to set me up for success! Great place for anyone who is starting out in AdTech or for seasoned veterans looking to develop their career. Dog friendly! (for animal lovers)

Cons

Dogs in the office daily (con if you're allergic or dont like animals)

Advice to Management

Continue to be adaptive to industry changes as well as being receptive to employee feedback

"Awesome place to learn and contribute!"

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time

Pros

+ Great communication
    + Leadership driven, quick on-boarding for new join
    + Monthly stand ups
    + Open culture
    + Opportunity to learn and innovate

Cons

- Planning lacks some times.

Advice to Management

Being open to all in meetings about status of the company will help a lot to employees to build their faith. Anyways, you do awesome!

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Senior Management teams are very considering of their employees.
    - Very clear goal of their directions.
    - Friendly, fast and work hard play hard environment. Colleagues feel more like friends than co-workers.
    - As for engineering team, they actually let you figure things out by yourself when you first joined. You will have to use wide range of latest technologies regardless of the time you joined the company, which is perfect for early career software engineers like me.
    - Pay is pretty good for LA area. Full dental and vision.
    - Free lunch and snacks!

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

"Account Manager"

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Engage did a good job of integrating me with their team and their team culture.
    Casual work environment and very dog friendly.
    It is a fun environment to work in and management does a good job of listening and working alongside everyone. It's one big team.

Cons

You get what you put in with training. There is no set training schedule or criteria. You have to put the training into your own hands and learn a lot of in on your own.

Advice to Management

Great job of providing an inclusive environment.

"Keep on Keeping"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and values. promising business and great space to innovate good place for young people to dev their career

Cons

Something to keep in mind: EngageBDR is so good at creating an awesome culture, some employees tend to get too comfortable. Don't mistake their kindness for weakness -- do your job, get results and always do what's best for you and the company.

Advice to Management

Keep things awesome.

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in West Hollywood, CA

Pros

-Engage:BDR is continuously looking for ways to invest in their employees, both professionally and personally, in order to make and keep them happy

-Very knowledgeable and driven colleagues who are very passionate about the industry

-Everyone is very kind and helpful, definitely a teamwork environment

-Great office location right off of the world famous Sunset Strip, office is beautiful with awesome views of the Hollywood Hills and city

Cons

- Long hours, workload can get intense from time to time (the upside is that you will learn a ton in a very short amount of time)

- Not many places to eat within a 10 min walk

- Lots of traffic on this side of town making my commute draining – I guess that just means I need to move closer to work