engage:BDR Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Value Proposition for Agencies"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in West Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in West Hollywood, CA

I worked at engage:BDR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not surprised at all that Engage:BDR is rated #3 overall best place to work by Los Angeles Business Journal for 2016. That certainly was my experience. The environment is very positive.

Whatever side of the business you work, from sales to publisher development, to RTB, to account management - you can completely believe in the value being provided to agencies and their major marketers. With blended campaigns, Engage will deliver premium inventory with Comscore 200 publishers, always above the fold and 1st-5th impressions. Adding in RTB highly customized to target demographics, the effective CPM is a strong performer. With the continual watch of account management to optimize, every account should test with some portion of the budget, then scale up as results show.

Great leadership and collegiate environment are great working attributes.

Cons

For awhile the free gourmet lunches were suspended, but is that really a con? And maybe they are back.

Advice to Management

Keep posting interviews and white papers showing leading thinking in the entire digital realm.

"New Employees Beware"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I worked at engage:BDR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros. This place should be out of business.

Cons

Engage:BDR has a habit of tricking good people to join their organization. Please read all negative comments before making a decision about joining this company. As mentioned in other posts, Engage will try to bury negative reviews with fake reviews. Note dates of negative reviews vs positive reviews. Don't make the same mistake many of us already made.

"Awesome Workplace!"

Current Employee - Account Manager, Publisher Development in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager, Publisher Development in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great knowledgeable co-workers who always take the time to help in anyway they can. Jumping right into my role - it was clearly defined with reachable goals providing all the necessary support to set me up for success! Great place for anyone who is starting out in AdTech or for seasoned veterans looking to develop their career. Dog friendly! (for animal lovers)

Cons

Dogs in the office daily (con if you're allergic or dont like animals)

Advice to Management

Continue to be adaptive to industry changes as well as being receptive to employee feedback

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Senior Management teams are very considering of their employees.
    - Very clear goal of their directions.
    - Friendly, fast and work hard play hard environment. Colleagues feel more like friends than co-workers.
    - As for engineering team, they actually let you figure things out by yourself when you first joined. You will have to use wide range of latest technologies regardless of the time you joined the company, which is perfect for early career software engineers like me.
    - Pay is pretty good for LA area. Full dental and vision.
    - Free lunch and snacks!

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

"Keep on Keeping"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Campaign Manager in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and values. promising business and great space to innovate good place for young people to dev their career

Cons

Something to keep in mind: EngageBDR is so good at creating an awesome culture, some employees tend to get too comfortable. Don't mistake their kindness for weakness -- do your job, get results and always do what's best for you and the company.

Advice to Management

Keep things awesome.

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in West Hollywood, CA

Pros

-Engage:BDR is continuously looking for ways to invest in their employees, both professionally and personally, in order to make and keep them happy

-Very knowledgeable and driven colleagues who are very passionate about the industry

-Everyone is very kind and helpful, definitely a teamwork environment

-Great office location right off of the world famous Sunset Strip, office is beautiful with awesome views of the Hollywood Hills and city

Cons

- Long hours, workload can get intense from time to time (the upside is that you will learn a ton in a very short amount of time)

- Not many places to eat within a 10 min walk

- Lots of traffic on this side of town making my commute draining – I guess that just means I need to move closer to work

"Innovative, Engaging, Passionate, Collaberative, Fun"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

I worked at engage:BDR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was at Engage for a year and a half and during that time I was able to experience the extremely collaborate, innovative and fun culture of Engage. They are a very fast moving company, always able to pivot quickly to test and engage in new technology in order to be one step ahead in the industry. I always felt my opinions were heard and executed on when appropriate and always felt like I was part of the Engage family. The CEO, Ted Dhanik, is very well respected within the industry which allows for an easy flow of communication with partners, advertiser and colleagues. Best of all its a dog friendly company!

Cons

Not necessarily a con but they are a very fast moving company and so every employee has to be be willing to give 110% at all times. This company wouldn't be a good fit for someone who likes to come in late, leave early and take a lot of vacation. :)

Advice to Management

I loved the "Summer Sippin" every Friday. It helped me to relax after a long week - definitely recommend you keep that going!

"Could be better.."

Former Employee - Anonymous in West Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in West Hollywood, CA

Pros

Good place in town, allows for some work freedom, snacks and vacation time.

Cons

Politics (happens everywhere, but seriously gets unreasonable at times), unfocused direction and lack of opportunity to further yourself. Not very quick to execute and will take advantage of what you don't know (predatory tactics on employees).

Advice to Management

Try less managers, cohesion in direction and allow more opportunities to further your career. Oh, but that also entails in getting better business opportunities as well (through exploration and execution) instead of being satiated with current opportunities and inflating people's worth.

"Best place I've ever worked."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Hollywood, CA

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time

Pros

Office is in a great location and is dog friendly. Amazing team comprised of experts, great perks (very flexible with time off, fully stocked kitchen, incredible performance recognition program) and excellent compensation structure. Most importantly, the senior management team actively listens and gathers perspective from employees before making business decisions. Most of the company's products are forged by listening to the exact needs of the clients and the employees who service the clients.

Cons

Nothing about the company specifically, but Sunset can be a bit congested at times. If you get into the office before 9, it's not an issue. Also, the industry is very fast paced and requires you to be "on your toes" and keeping in front of the constantly changing landscape.

Advice to Management

Employees love being recognized for their hard work, keeps them motivated and pushing to exceed goals. Keep it up!

"A fun place to work with highly talented co-workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at engage:BDR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Engage has been one of my favorite places to work. Coming from a super stressful job, managers let their employees get their work done with overly micro-managing. They are always willing to teach and encourage employees to grow and develop their skills. While Engage takes work very seriously, the laid back environment is a huge plus with a fully stocked cabinet of snacks and regular happy hour outings. If you're a dog lover, you will find them roaming around playfully and having fun with the other dogs

Cons

I wish there was more camaraderie between the teams

Advice to Management

Catered lunches? I like the sound of that